Syd273

Reaction score
I am in charge of leeds... bought a few new faces in.. should definately win the league... i seem to have loads of shots and dominate most matches but slip up against weak opponents... currently set at attacking, 4-1-3-2 formation, got alot of pace in my team... short passes... playing wider.. and playing offside trap.....

what changes do i need to make? one game ill win 4-0 next drawing 2-2 coming from behind then lose a game where i had 25+shots in the game to their 9!!!

ne help??

I am currently playing with Leeds, 4th season. In the first season (Coca Cola 1) I was playing 4-1-2-1-2 and 4-1-2-3, narrow tactis that I was doing myself. And I'm not good at all at creating tactics, but still scored 104 goals and won comfortably Coca Cola 1. Maybe if you can tell us what players you have, than I can say more about how your players suit the tactics that I successfully employed (or even recommend some other tactics that worked well for me in Championship as well, like JP Woody's And Dan's narrow tactics).
------------------------
Edit: These are the 2 tactis that I was reffering to, maybe give them a try, they work pretty well with the right players, on a very narrow pitch:
1. Dan's Dynamo (Control and Attacking) - http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f72/d...mo-t36414.html
2. JP Woody V3 (with fullbacks) - http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downl...o=file&id=3257
------------------------
By the way, when I was using my on tactics, in first season, I didn't had such good wingers (maybe only Gradel or Sheehan, if i remember well). Also one weak area was the goalkeeper, I had to improve that. But I had the best defence in Coca Cola 1 (most important player was Kisnorbo) and a good middle (I still have Howson, great player). So, with my back covered, I decided to play mostly in the middle of the park, narrow, loaned good full backs from Premier League teams, bought Guilherme straight away (but he's brazilian, he was coming at the end at the season, so I used Higgs and back-up Martin as goalkeepers). Beckford is great up front (I still use him now, in Premiere League). And that's it, defenders, DMC and full backs all with defending duties (you can put the full backs on support as well), overall mentality attacking, one MC supporting, the other attacking (or both on attacking), 3 ST or 1 AMC+ 2 ST, all on attacking ( I remeber I used Snodgrass as Complete Forward and Beckford as Trequartista).
Cheers!
-------------------
Ok, one last edit, hope this helps, I remembered how I played first season with Leeds:

------------------------------------------Higgs/Martin--------------------------------------
-loaned DL/Parker--Kisnorbo/Naylor--Bromby/Hughes--loaned DR/Crowe
--------------------Doyle (was already loaned in)/ Johnson------------------------- (signed in for free Richard Hughes, as DMC and MC)
-------------------------Kilkenny-----------------------Howson--------------------------
--------Beckford-----McSheffrey (was already loaned in)-----Snodgrass------ (Becchio as backup)

I remember I sold Robinson (too high wage and also old) and I was bringing in some players after a while (Gunnarson for the DMC, Shelvey for the MC, and promising Jacob Mellis as AMC). But in the second season, that is another story ;)

Last edited: