raguman

Reaction score
Started the season strangely, won all my home games, lost all my away games - so frustrating! when I win the home games I win by a 3-4 goal margin, and i lose by the same on the away games. Got Darwin Quintero and I'm using the Goals Galore Tactic 2012 v3.

Any ideas?

Cheers !

All away games tend to be a lot different in terms of performance and indeed how your tactic will fare home and away. It's supposed to replicate the general real life home and away form.

What I'd recommend would be to play a more conservative tactic away from home, more defensive or maybe play on the counter. If you've had the same tactic implemented for a while your away should improve due to familiarity but at home it will work best.

You could also try setting match preparation for away games to defensive positioning (or set pieces if you concede a lot from them) and see how you get along.

That tactic is working on the philosophy of 'We will score more than you', at home with the edge you do that, but away they are, seems quite obvious. Personally if I was getting those scorelines I'd drop the tactic, I'm a bit like Fergie in that I'd rather win 1-0 2-0 than 3-2 or 4-2.

As said above you need to play more on the counter away from home. Even as Arsenal when I have a tough-ish game away I drop my 2 CMs (4-2-3-1) to DMs and run the wingers from deep, just to keep a few more players behind the ball. If you feel you have the edge in the game you can always push them back up mid-match. Just start conservatively and then make a decision based on the ***. Managers feedback and the amount of posession/shots. I can't remember the last away game I didn't change my tactics halfway through, either to pull more players back and drop the tempo, or push them forward and wider.

You could always use shouts too.

This is my best example of having to change tactics, I though after a 2-2 1st leg we'd have this in the bag, but after the 50th minute incident I changed the positions, mentality and used a few shouts then look what happened.
View attachment 248313
The 1st time ever I punched the air and shouted at my laptop "have that you manc bastards". ;)

I've gone for a 4-2-2-2 with inside forwards as my new attacking formation at home and a 4-5-1 with a counter mentality for my away games, will let you know how it goes.