darryllufc123

Reaction score
Hi all I'm a Leeds united fan which makes this even more frustrating.

Been playing fm since championship manager, and had numerous successes with different clubs on this years edition.

However I'm writing this now on my 2nd failed attempt managing Leeds..

1st save I got sacked around December 2nd save sacked in January both times in the relegation zone.. I've tried 2 different tactics on both saves and signed different players

Funny thing is I see some people on here winning the league in the 1st year

PLEASE can someone give me some tips? Willing to give it a 3rd go.. 3rd time lucky n all that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a Leeds fan too but never play with them instead i'm trying to get another team back where they belong Forest but doesnt matter what tactic i use its no good.
I think the players at the club aint good enough,same at Leeds in football manager.

But in real life We are doing well Leeds MOT

I agree. But i think its just the way of the championship. Any team is gonna find it difficult. I managed to get promoted from 3rd place behind Newcastle and Wolves
Beat norwich and huddersfield in playoffs.
I cant say this will work everytime but i focused on defense. Training and match prep. I used a 4 2 3 1 with bridcutt (bwm) and viera (dlp defend) deep and mowatt (ap) further forward. Mowatt was voted fans player of the year and viera finished the season with 4 star current ability. Wood target man but i brought in macheda on a free transfer for some cover.

As far as transfers go i cashed in on charlie taylor, he's leaving no matter what. Tied down another cb (Israel Puerto, free) for cover and as a future player in case i couldn't get Bartley or Jansson (i ended up with neither). I brought in Tyrone Mings in january (listed by bournemouth) and a young winger from Pescara called Mitrita. He didnt set the world alight but was consistent enough to be starting regular.
I finished as one of the leagues lowest scorers, wood top scored with 14. But because of my defensive prep i also finished having conceding the least.

Be sure to take the pressure off the team away from home, and make Elland road all about the fans.

Good luck and glad there's someone else out trying to get leeds back to the top flight. Massimo gives you £25mil to spend on avoiding relegation if you make it!

MOT
All Leeds, Aren't We?

Last edited: