Leeds United - The Great Bastion of the North

Masoaoki

Reaction score
Hi!
Yes I'm getting on the story jump very early with this year's game haha. Just so happened that the very first save I did (well after a tester save to check the new UI out) is the one I think I'm going to stick with for a long time.

As the title suggests I'm playing with Leeds United, my friend suggested them as he supports them and he said he was bored of seeing me play with overrated teams......like Derby and West Brom.

View attachment 695952

In July 2014 Leeds United have hired the completely unknown 20 (Yes 20, he's younger than most of the players!) year old manager from Hull called Mason Walker. Walker has already stated that he plans to develop youth through the team and so signings aimed towards youth should be expected from him

Here's the humongous amount of signings I did in my first season:

View attachment 333203

Yep I signed 1 whole player, that's how big my transfer budget was!
Just so happens that the player I signed is an absolute bargain for my team from Rangers who will cover both CM and RM in my formation, speaking of which this is my formation with instructions that I'm using:

View attachment 333202

That's my first choice 11 for my first season as well but obviously in the Championship rotation shall be required!

Before I start on the actual story, I'll be doing the first half of the first season (Until Jan) in one big update because I didn't plan on making this a story at that point and so have no screenshots of tables/players until the end of February. I'll end up doing monthly updates unless theres only like 2 games in a month then I'll just combine 2. Anyways hope you enjoy, first half season update will be up in about an hour​

Sorry I fell asleep, did an all nighter the night before playing FM haha.

August 2014 to January 2015

View attachment 696334

So to start the season we were predicted to finish 14th by the media, seemed reasonable to me as our squad was basically just CBs CMs and Strikers....

As seen in the previous post I concocted a 4-4-1-1 to play with what was at my disposal with Sam Byram (first choice RB) playing RM and basically whoever was fit playing LM for me. With only Adryan and Casper Sloth, who I don't fancy tbh, as my options for Attacking midfield I'm hoping for a big season from Adryan. Same with Billy Sharp as he's my only realistic striking option, none of the others are good enough. At CB we're sorted because Bellusci is a Premier League CB and Pearce is decent, Dario Del Fabro is a good youth option for 3rd choice as well.

So here's my results:

View attachment 333033

A good start but very topsy-turvy in terms of results, we could be incredible one game then abysmal the next....

Both Adryan and Billy Sharp have played well thankfully, so has Bellusci, but past that the team's been distinctly average to be honest.

No table or PoM but if I recall correctly we were around 6th or 7th at this point.

Normal updates from now on :)

January and February 2015

View attachment 696376

So after an indifferent, inconsistent first half of the season could we tighten things up and really push for promotion? Plus the FA Cup could offer either a welcome distraction or unwelcome burden depending on fitness...

Here's our results:

Leeds 3 - 1 Bolton (FA Cup 3rd Round)
Adryan, Bellusci x2

A good win I guess, not sure if I actually want a good run in the cup because I really want to push for promotion and the extra games may hinder me. Good to see Bellusci score a couple though. Blackpool in the next round

Bolton 0 - 1 Leeds
Adryan

Another game against Bolton another win, this time in the Championship

Leeds 3 - 3 Birmingham
Sharp, Adryan, Bellusci

Exciting game but disappointing not to beat a poor Birmingham team at home, 2 points dropped. Another for Adryan though

Leeds 2 - 0 Blackpool (FA Cup 4th Round)
Sharp, Antenucci

Another decent win, we have Swansea away next so will be tough to go any further this year

Leeds 2 - 2 Bournemouth
Sharp x2

Disappointing to drop points at home again but Bournemouth are right up there with us in 5th so not too bad I guess.

Huddersfield 3 - 1 Leeds
Sharp

Apart from the fact that Billy Sharp's ridiculous form continues this was extremely poor

Leeds 2 - 0 Brentford
Antenucci, Macleod

Necessary to get back to winning ways and to beat a good Brentford side was very pleasing. Sharp missed this game hence no goal for him haha

Reading 1 - 4 Leeds
Byram, Sharp (pen), Adryan x2

The incredible Adryan/Sharp combo win us another game, great win.

Swansea 2 - 1 Leeds (FA Cup 5th Round)
Sloth

Meh, not too bothered really. Allows us to focus on the league.

Leeds 2 - 1 Millwall
Adryan, Antenucci (pen)

3 wins on the bounce in the league is good. Should be winning these games anyway though

Middlesborough 2 - 3 Leeds
Adryan, Macleod, Antenucci

A very pleasing win, we keep conceding but at least we're scoring a lot I guess. Marching up the table now.

Brighton 2 - 2 Leeds
Sharp, Adryan

A decent enough point but again we've conceded a couple of goals, defence needs tightening up a bit

Leeds 2 - 1 Watford
Sharp, White

Back to winning ways and 2 in 2 for Sharp since he returned to the team from injury. Doing really well in the league now

No league table again unfortunately but I do believe we are 4th currently.

Player of the Month

View attachment 332992
Adryan

The Brazilian wonderkid has been in superb form recently, notching up 8 goals since January​

I'm a Leeds fan so will keep an eye on this good luck!

yep keep this up

cheers guys.

March 2015

View attachment 696530

So we pick back up with the team in decent form but out of the FA Cup, could we continue our good form?

Leeds 5 - 0 Ipswich
White, Sharp x4

Incredible from Billy Sharp, he's scoring for fun this season it seems!

Wigan 2 - 2 Leeds
Adryan, Antenucci

I'll take a point, Wigan are a good team.

Leeds 4 - 2 Nottingham Forest
Byram x2, Adryan, Sharp

Great victory as Forest are currently 2nd in the table so we close the gap on them here. Byram's first goals for a while.

Fulham 0 - 2 Leeds
Sharp x2

Another very good win as Fulham are hanging around the playoffs area and another 2 goals for Billy Sharp

Blackpool 2 - 1 Leeds
OG

A terrible defeat to end the month and also the only time neither Billy Sharp or Adryan has scored, surely an omen haha.

So a good month until the last game, let's (finally) take a look at the table:

View attachment 332946

3rd place is much better than I expected from the first season but now that we're here I'm aiming for top 2. Norwich may be a bit out of reach but we do have to play Cardiff and Norwich at home so it's in our hands sort of.

Player of the Month

View attachment 332945
Billy Sharp

Goal Machine, simple as. Incredible goal to game ratio this season, hoping he'll be able to produce in the Premier league if I get promoted​

Will keep up with this, one big achievement for you so far is that you have lasted more than 6 games in charge, under Cellino that is one great achievement :)

Will keep up with this, one big achievement for you so far is that you have lasted more than 6 games in charge, under Cellino that is one great achievement :)

He is a bit trigger happy isn't he haha, can't believe Milanic has gone already (or why he even hired him for that matter, Redfearn was doing well before)

Hope you enjoy it mate, I'm certainly enjoying the save

April and May 2015

View attachment 696702

Since I have next to no games in May I've just decided to combine the last 2 months of the season into one post. We pick up with the team 3rd in the table, 3 points off automatic promotion but with games at home with the top 2 to come, could we get 1st or 2nd and go up automatically?

Leeds 3 - 2 Blackburn
Sharp x2, Austin

Decent win, good to see Austin score the winner as he's been at the club for years but never seems to score..

Wolves 3 - 2 Leeds
Sloth, Sharp

Poor defeat, 2 in 3 games is not promotion chasing form so we need to improve as there's not many games left in the season now. Thankfully Cardiff are only 3 points ahead of us...and we play them next!

Leeds 2 - 0 Cardiff
Sharp x2

The amazing Billy Sharp does it again! We're level on points in 2nd now with Cardiff so if we just get 1 point more than them to the end of the season we'll be up. Next up we play Norwich, who are 1st in the league, just gets easier!

Leeds 3 - 1 Norwich
Sharp, Del Fabro, Adryan

A bit of a bittersweet victory. Although we won BOTH Adryan and Billy Sharp got injured, Adryan will only miss one game but Sharp is out for the season now! Thankfully he'll be back just in time for the next one but he bows out of this season with 39 goals and 9 assists

Charlton 2 - 2 Leeds
Mowatt, Byram

Even though we had a ready made excuse for playing poorly in this game with our 2 best players out I still expected us to win so the draw is disappointing to say the least. Cardiff lost though so we have a 1 point lead going into the last 2 games

Sheffield Wednesday 1 - 3 Leeds
Bellusci, Antenucci, Byram

We fell behind in this game and I was fearing the worst but a great comeback has seen us near promotion again. Good to beat a local rival too

Leeds 5 - 0 Rotherham
Del Fabro, Byram, Antenucci x2, OG

What a way to end the season! 3-0 up after 8 minutes meant we could cruise our way to automatic promotion at the first try back to the Premier League! Lead by the incredible strikeforce of Sharp and Adryan, who contributed 56 goals between them, we were also the only team to score more than 100 goals in the league, a real achievement.

Here's the final table for the first season:

View attachment 332874

We finish 4 points clear of Cardiff and 1 behind Norwich in the table so a highly successful, if slightly unexpected, season to begin my FM15 career!

Player of the Month

View attachment 332873
Casper Sloth

I just didn't want to give it to Adryan or Billy Sharp because they've got the major awards haha. Sloth has played very well though

Here's our final squad stats which goes to show the importance and excellence of Sharp and Adryan:
View attachment 332866

Incredible stats from both of them.

Player of the Year

View attachment 332865View attachment 332864

Even if Adryan had the higher rating it's kind of impossible to not give this to Billy Sharp, 39 goals in 44 games is just ridiculous for a Championship striker. Understandably he was the top goalscorer in the division..

Young Player of the Year

View attachment 332863View attachment 332861

The one and only, King Adryan! I plan on him being the centrepiece of my team for the first 3 or 4 years of this save but we need to pay £2.5m to make the signing permanent by the end of his loan, here's to hoping Cellino pays up quickly. Here's another reason why

View attachment 332860

This last month of the season was the ONLY month that Adryan wasn't in the top 2 for Young player of the month, simply incredible. He had the highest average rating and just dominated the league in a way I thought only Will Hughes could in FM lol.

Here's the Championship team of the year to finish things off then

View attachment 332859

So plans for next season, I'm hoping to get Del Fabro and Adryan permanently, they'll cost £750k and £2.5m respectively. As the last 3 screenshots kind of give away I'm also after Nicola Murru as he's very versatile and would become my best LB instantly, plus he plays for Cagliari who are also owned by Cellino so maybe we could get him on the cheap? I always want a LW, RW and another CB. Another striker would be nice but I'll let Billy Sharp play out his contract and focus on the other positions I think. I'm just aiming to stay up really as we can't compete financially with a lot of the other teams (the maximum wage I can offer is a meagre £22k p/w) so anything above that will be a bonus. A building season is in order..

Next post is preseason and transfers!​

Aye I am, well done on the promotion, doing better than me in my save, I am 12th in December. Very inconsistent but like you said Adryan is something else

nice well done at least you lasted longer than milanic and hockaday(eee the pains of being a leeds fan)

Aye I am, well done on the promotion, doing better than me in my save, I am 12th in December. Very inconsistent but like you said Adryan is something else

Cheers man, it was tough but Adryan and Billy Sharp really can lead you to promotion, Mowatt, Bellusci and Byram are incredible for the championship too

nice well done at least you lasted longer than milanic and hockaday(eee the pains of being a leeds fan)

Hahaha I can't believe how quickly he sacks people, gives them no time at all to work!

Preseason 2015

View attachment 332575
The mighty Adryan, could we keep him for our Premier League campaign?

So in the previous post we ended the season in 2nd place and got promoted automatically to the Premier League. This gave me plenty of time to work to bring in players in the summer transfer window but with Cellino not giving me much in the way of wage budget (max 22k p/w) would anyone want to join me? Even with my £15m budget it would be tough to address all the positions of need in the squad.

Here's who I brought in:

View attachment 332573

View attachment 332572View attachment 332571View attachment 332570View attachment 332569View attachment 332568View attachment 332567View attachment 332566

So our first two signings were fairly predictable but also the most obvious needs, Del Fabro had now become a first choice CB alongside Bellusci so retaining him for only £750k was an absolute no brainer. Although Billy Sharp scored most of the goals last season, Adryan was the star of the show for me. I always knew that no matter what my budget was I'd go back in for him as we had a set fee of £2.5m, the only worry was whether he would want to join us or not and thankfully he did! Theo Bongonda and Nicola Murru will provide us with an entirely new left hand side of the team, Aiden White left on a free which was my mistake as I wanted to keep him, Sloth is injury prone to **** and Warnock is about 900 years old so it was probably the most important spot in the team to revamp. Murru should hopefully be able to play to a high level from the start but Bongonda may take some developing, I am expecting huge things from him. Faraoni is a stop gap for a season or two because he was cheap and I wanted Byram to actually be able to play RB where he belongs, expect him to be sold either next season or the season after to be honest. Souttar has been brought in as cover for Bellusci and Del Fabro but he may become first choice over Del Fabro if he impresses enough. Finally, Delac has been brought in as I only had one senior goalkeeper, he may be first choice but he may not. Depends who performs better between him and Silvestri to be honest.

I've spent my entire budget but hopefully because we spend practically nothing on wages, the club can make some money and Cellino may give me a little extra in January as we desperately need a new striker because as much as I love Billy Sharp, he just isn't Premier League quality.

Here's my outgoings:

View attachment 332565

So not much to talk about here really. Only 2 major outgoings. I planned to keep Jason Pearce but the offer from Norwich was just a bit too good for me to turn down. Tommaso Bianchi was my very last choice at CM and had been asking to leave for a **** of a long time so I finally managed to get rid of him.

With these new additions and departures, this is my most likely starting 11:

View attachment 332564

I'm actually expecting a very good defensive record because my back 4 is stronger than most Premier League teams in my opinion, my keepers are shocking though and we've only just been promoted so we'll probably be horrific at the back.

Mowatt, Macleod and Adryan are the real driving forces in this team, Mowatt is my roaming playmaker (my Xavi if you like) with Macleod next to him being the box-to-box dynamo (Central Midfielder-Automatic) and then finally Adryan in front to play the final killer ball through to Sharp or the onrushing wingers. That;s the plan at least haha.

We had a fairly successful preseason:

Leeds 5 - 0 AFC Astra
Leeds 2 - 2 Anderlecht
Leeds 2 - 2 Monaco
Leeds 2 - 1 Genk
Leeds 2 - 1 Espanyol
Valladolid 3 - 4 Leeds
Leeds 6 - 0 Zulte Waregem

Billy Sharp was injured for all but the last friendly so to score this many is pleasing, we did concede a lot more than I had hoped however. The Zulte Waregem friendly was part of the Bongonda deal but I bet they're regretting it now :D

Unfortunately we start the season against Man Utd and then Chelsea. We also play Arsenal and Spurs back to back and Liverpool and Everton back to back at different points in the season. This is a real pain because these sets of games are spread out evenly so any time we seem to have a run of nice games coming up, we'll have one of these sets just around the corner...

Next time, August and Septemer!​

This is a great story for an avid Leeds Fan like myself. I have just downloaded Beta and cpied your tactic :p Did you load Scotland as well as your new midfileder is not available on my large England Database. I am using Austin in that role instead who seems solid enough in pre season. I have started with two Draws and pentalties victory agains Rotheram after a 3-3 draw in the cup.

I managed to get Eagles on a free and a few useful loan signings to shore up the rest of the team.

Congratulations on your promotion first season out. Its gonna be tough to stay up but good luck.

This is a great story for an avid Leeds Fan like myself. I have just downloaded Beta and cpied your tactic :p Did you load Scotland as well as your new midfileder is not available on my large England Database. I am using Austin in that role instead who seems solid enough in pre season. I have started with two Draws and pentalties victory agains Rotheram after a 3-3 draw in the cup.

I managed to get Eagles on a free and a few useful loan signings to shore up the rest of the team.

Congratulations on your promotion first season out. Its gonna be tough to stay up but good luck.

Yea, I recently built a new pc so it's pretty powerful so I just load up a crapload of leagues. I always load Scotland when I'm playing in England anyways because there's a lot of cheap buys from there with decent potential. Austin was my original plan though and to be honest he's probably better in the first season as Macleod needed some developing at first.

I didn't really look into free transfers which was a mistake because there's some great ones on this year's game I've heard....

I'm fairly confident to be honest, I think there's definitely 4 or 5 teams worse than us in the league

Cheers man :)

August and September 2015

View attachment 332421
Back in the Premier League, could we get off to a good start?

So with a fair few new additions to start my first Premier League season and Man Utd and Chelsea to start, I was a bit worried that we may fall behind the pack early on, here's our results:

Manchester United 3 - 0 Leeds
Murru Red

No. We got hammered, completely and utterly shredded, wrecked, annihilated, obliterated. 3-0 does them no justice, it should have been 10. A real lesson first up. Murru getting sent off for 2 yellows in his first game bodes super fantastic for the season ahead as well....

Brighton 2 - 4 Leeds (Capital One Cup Second Round)
Mowatt, Byram, Macleod, Purver.
Antenucci Red

Despite Antenucci getting himself sent off to make it 2 reds in 2 games for us we beat Brighton to advance in the cup, QPR at home next.

Leeds 2 - 3 Chelsea
Adryan, Courtouis OG

Oh come on! We were 2-0 after 17 mins and to be honest dominating Chelsea. This continued until about the 30th minute but then it seems Chelsea decided they'd start playing (********) and just ran riot against us.. Not too disappointed but would've been nice to win from the commanding position we had.

QPR 3 - 4 Leeds
Sharp, Adryan, Faraoni, McCarthy OG

Well at least no one can label us a boring side 3 weeks into the season, already 15 goals in our 3 league games! Amazingly we won this with a 93rd minute own goal haha, I'll take it. Our first points in the Prem!

Leeds 3 - 3 West Brom
Bongonda, Doukara, Olsson OG,
Bellusci Red

People are getting their money's worth lol. Amazingly another stoppage time own goal has got us something from this after Bellusci stupidly got himself sent off with us 1-0 up.

Leeds 2 - 1 QPR (AET) (Capital One Cup Third Round)
Purver, Doukara, Murru Red

Great start to the season by Murru, 3 games 4 yellows and 2 reds lol... What a signing he's looking like. This game was dreadful until extra time when it just sprung to life. First Murru got sent off, then we scored 2 and then they scored right at the end to make me sweat! Norwich away next in the Cup!

Wolves 1 - 5 Leeds
Adryan x2, Faraoni x3

A game of 2 halves. The first was very close and we edged it 2-1 with Adryan scoring both, the second was the Faraoni show, he scored 3 in 10 minutes and then hit the woodwork twice, incredible!

So we started off pretty poorly but now we're 4 games unbeaten in all competitions. A decent first 2 months of the season, where do we stand in the table?

View attachment 332418

10th. A very encouraging start, if we finish here then I'll be extremely happy haha.

Player of the Month

View attachment 332417
Adryan

He's started the season just like he ended the last one, amazingly well.

In other news:
View attachment 332416

In for the long run!

October coming up soon :)

October 2015

View attachment 332413
Alex Mowatt, our team's creative hub.

After a decent start to the season could we kick on? With games against Liverpool and Everton this month it may be tough to continue our unbeaten run. How did we do?

Leeds 3 - 1 Liverpool
Faraoni, Flanagan OG, Adryan

We didn't turn up in the first half and were lucky to only be one behind to be honest. After giving the players a bollocking at half time....they still didn't wake up, at least not until the 70th minute when Faraoni scored and we started to push Liverpool back, Another 90th minute own goal gave us the lead and then Adryan just finished the game off to give us a huge victory!

Everton 5 - 2 Leeds
Sharp x2

Our unbeaten run comes to an end in dramatic fashion. The top teams are currently in a league of their own compared to us. The problem is that there's 7 of these top teams running amok!

Leeds 0 - 0 Sunderland

A dull match but at least we didn't lose, moving on...

Norwich 3 - 2 Leeds (Capital One Cup 4th Round)
Sharp, Del Fabro

Our aim was the 4th round and 4th round we got to. I therefore consider the Mickey Mouse Cup a success for this season. I aim to get far next season though.

Newcastle 4 - 2 Leeds
Mowatt, Antenucci

Billy Sharp got injured, Mowatt scored a worldie and we got hammered overall. Pretty much sums up this disaster.

A poor month. We got 4 point out of 12 and got knocked out of the cup. At least we beat Liverpool though, I guess that sort of makes up for it

Here's the table:

View attachment 332410

We somehow only slip down to 12th after that nightmare month. Thankfully the bottom 3 are all having shockers already so we're quickly 7 points above the bottom 3 after 3 months of the season.

Player of the Month

View attachment 332409
Alex Mowatt

Only Adryan and Mowatt averaged above 7.00 this month so there wasn't much choice to be honest. Mowatt just edged it though with his brilliant goal against Newcastle​

Good start to Premeirship life bud. Have you stuck with the same tactic? Was wondering what your player instructions are and if you have changed your team instructoins. For osme reason I could not get going with yours so have reverted to a flat 442 which seems to be working great, got of to a flyer and top after 4.

Good start to Premeirship life bud. Have you stuck with the same tactic? Was wondering what your player instructions are and if you have changed your team instructoins. For osme reason I could not get going with yours so have reverted to a flat 442 which seems to be working great, got of to a flyer and top after 4.

Cheers pal. Yea I'm using the same tactic. No definitive player instructions yet, I've never really been good at them so I've only just started having a look into it this season.

It happens, I've had saves where one tactic worked beautifully then started again and it just doesn't work... The game can be weird haha.

November 2015

View attachment 332255
Elland Road, the great fortress.

Last Month was a bit of a disaster in terms of results aside the the Liverpool game so could we pick ourselves up? We started the month with a North London double, playing Arsenal at home then Spurs away, followed by a game against the team who beat us to the Championship title last season, Norwich.

Leeds 0 - 3 Arsenal

Lol, we got destroyed... Billy Sharp got injured but thankfully he's back in time for our next game

Tottenham 4 - 2 Leeds
Sharp x2

Well we had a decent start to Premier League life, it's all going horribly wrong now. 1 point out of the last 15 possible isn't just relegation form...it's Derby in 07/08 form! Need to turn it around ASAP

Leeds 2 - 1 Norwich
Mowatt, Faraoni

Mowatt really doesn't score many but when he does, Jesus Christ they're good....a 30 yard free kick this time set us on our way to a victory a lot more comfortable than the scoreline suggests.

So a pretty swift month with only 3 games in it, next month has the looks of being significantly easier for us with only Man City of the big boys to play and they are the last game. Here's the table:

View attachment 332254

Player of the Month

View attachment 332253

Alex Mowatt wins it basically on the strength of one performance for the second month running which I guess shows how poor the rest of the squad was.​

December 2015

View attachment 698746

With our 2 previous months being poor to say the least we needed to turn things around quickly or we could get dragged into a serious relegation scrap at the bottom of the table. Luckily December had a much easier set of fixtures than the last 2 months. Here's our results:

West Ham 1 - 2 Leeds
Mowatt, Bellusci,
Murru Red

A Big 3 points to start off the month as West Ham are a tough team to beat, especially at home. The only negative was Murru getting yet another red. If I get a decent offer next summer he'll be off, too ill-disciplined for me.

Leeds 0 - 0 Hull

We should be beating Hull at home to be honest, especially considering our previous 2 results against arguably better teams...

Southampton 4 - 1 Leeds
Sharp

We got a hiding here. Southampton are a very good team (as in real life) on my save and are just ahead of us in the table so a disappointing result

Leeds 1 - 0 Crystal Palace
Mowatt

Oh Alex Mowatt you beauty! Every single goal he has scored so far this season has been a free kick, incredible! He wins us the 3 points against Palace

Leicester 1 - 4 Leeds
Byram, Mowatt, Del Fabro, Bongonda

Before the game Nigel Pearson suggested we were only doing decent because other teams were being complacent against us, understandably this ****** me off so I'm very happy that we managed to teach him a lesson. Only problem is that after the game he went and said the only reason we won this game was because his team were complacent! Just admit we're good and you're not!

Leeds 3 - 1 Swansea
Mowatt, Macleod, Antenucci

This is the Month of the Mowatt. 3 games in a row he scores a free kick, seriously can't believe it. Good win even if Swansea are struggling this season.

Leeds 1 - 1 Manchester City
Adryan

Great point to round off a great month. We've pushed into the top half on the strength of this month which is well beyond my expectations. Adryan put us ahead but then got injured, we should've won to be honest but a point against City is a bonus anyways

Here's the table:

View attachment 331967

To think that we were predicted to finish 20th, what do the media know!

Player of the Month

View attachment 331966

No real surprises, he wasn't just the best player on our team either though

View attachment 331965

This lad is truly amazing, I don't know what his PA is but I'm guessing he's a -8 and I've just got a top tier version of him because he's absolutely tearing up the Premier League here.​

How did you get your squad to perform in The Championship? I am using your tactic, put i am in the bottom of the table. Billy Sharp is scoring a lot though. Did you change instructions from match to match, or did you use it like a plug and play tactic?