aramis

Reaction score
This is my transfer plan for my Leeds United at the beginning of the third season, first in the Premier; in the first one we lost ( kind of deliberately ) in the play offs , in the second one I changed tactics from 41221 to 4141 and won the Championship with 103 points.

Any opinion is welcomed !

GK:
1. B Peacock-Farell
2. M Silvestri
3. P Scarff
4. W Huffer - to loan

Conclusion: 1. no imediate need to sign a new player
2. new contracts for Peacock-Farell and Paul Scarff

DR:

1. Luke Ayling
2. L Coyle

Offer them a chance in the Premier!

DL:

1. T Mings
2. M Downing
if the right player becomes available he can be signed provided Matty is loaned somewhere else
3. G Berardi DRL ?

Gaetano Berardi may be sold

DC:
1. K Bartley
2. L Cooper
3. J Vann

Conclusion:
2 new central defenders must be signed to allow competition for places
targets: P Kimpembe and Rob Holding
Jack Vann must be loaned

DM/MC:
1. R Vieira
2. E O'Kane
3. C Adam
4. B Dack
5. K Stewart
6. A Mowatt

if the right players are available they can be signed
a BWM and a more offensive one could be signed
look at Oliver and Kouyate, Van Ginkel, Cabaye
if i sign any new midfielder Alex Mowatt must be sold; O'Kane may also be sold
C Adam becomes a backup player

MR:
1. A Maitland-Niles
2. S Dallas
3. J Stanislas

No need for a new signing
if a free player becomes available like Joel Campbell and wages are decent then OK
if also a long term target becomes available like Oliver Burke money must be spent

ML:
1. J Stanislas
2. J Green
3. K Roofe

I wouldn't invest money here for now.

ST:
J Green
1. K Roofe
2. C Wood
3. M Antonsson

Antonsson played poorly, he's contract is set to expire next year I may need to sell hom now at a
cut price , or take a chance and sign a new contract

Also , Wood was poor last season , he's contract is also set to expire next year sell or
keep as back-up player in Premier ?

It seems I Need a new striker, first team, but I don't have any obvious targets for now

B Gomis at 32 years old scored ~30 goals for Swansea in Championship last season maybe take a chance with him
as he will be available on a free?
Also, Patrick Bamford is vailable on a free...

Conclusions:

1. I need 2 central defenders , Rob Holding will cost me 1.6m and P Kimpbembe 2.5m but both will probably ask for high
wages , around 30k/week. Other players rated at least leading Championship players will come but for higher fees and not
much lower wages ( I also do not pay bonuses so the asking wages are the straightforward ones). It seems they will be my
first signings in Premier...

2. I need a striker , first team quality; here I need to see the scouts reports and really search for the right player

3. Some players like Oliver, Van Ginkel, Kouyate, Kabaye , Gomis, Bamford , Szczesny, Joel Campbell will probably be available on a free in
july... but what wages will they demand and should i stretch the wage budget to sign any of them? Or I should go with the players I already have and sign the right bargain on the right wage when/if the opportunity arises ?

Last edited:
I took cardiff up first season and I splashed out on lemos from Las palmas for around 7.5m for centre back. As for striker I had bonazoli on loan. Only just started the season so not sure if they'll turn out good