Welcome to FM Base
Want access to our Standard Logo Megapack and P20 kit packs? You know what to do!
Register

Leeds United transfer plan

aramis

Apr 19, 2010
This is my transfer plan for my Leeds United at the beginning of the third season, first in the Premier; in the first one we lost ( kind of deliberately ) in the play offs , in the second one I changed tactics from 41221 to 4141 and won the Championship with 103 points.

Any opinion is welcomed !

GK:
1. B Peacock-Farell
2. M Silvestri
3. P Scarff
4. W Huffer - to loan

Conclusion: 1. no imediate need to sign a new player
2. new contracts for Peacock-Farell and Paul Scarff

DR:

1. Luke Ayling
2. L Coyle

Offer them a chance in the Premier!

DL:

1. T Mings
2. M Downing
if the right player becomes available he can be signed provided Matty is loaned somewhere else
3. G Berardi DRL ?

Gaetano Berardi may be sold

DC:
1. K Bartley
2. L Cooper
3. J Vann

Conclusion:
2 new central defenders must be signed to allow competition for places
targets: P Kimpembe and Rob Holding
Jack Vann must be loaned

DM/MC:
1. R Vieira
2. E O'Kane
3. C Adam
4. B Dack
5. K Stewart
6. A Mowatt

if the right players are available they can be signed
a BWM and a more offensive one could be signed
look at Oliver and Kouyate, Van Ginkel, Cabaye
if i sign any new midfielder Alex Mowatt must be sold; O'Kane may also be sold
C Adam becomes a backup player

MR:
1. A Maitland-Niles
2. S Dallas
3. J Stanislas

No need for a new signing
if a free player becomes available like Joel Campbell and wages are decent then OK
if also a long term target becomes available like Oliver Burke money must be spent

ML:
1. J Stanislas
2. J Green
3. K Roofe

I wouldn't invest money here for now.

ST:
J Green
1. K Roofe
2. C Wood
3. M Antonsson

Antonsson played poorly, he's contract is set to expire next year I may need to sell hom now at a
cut price , or take a chance and sign a new contract

Also , Wood was poor last season , he's contract is also set to expire next year sell or
keep as back-up player in Premier ?

It seems I Need a new striker, first team, but I don't have any obvious targets for now

B Gomis at 32 years old scored ~30 goals for Swansea in Championship last season maybe take a chance with him
as he will be available on a free?
Also, Patrick Bamford is vailable on a free...

Conclusions:

1. I need 2 central defenders , Rob Holding will cost me 1.6m and P Kimpbembe 2.5m but both will probably ask for high
wages , around 30k/week. Other players rated at least leading Championship players will come but for higher fees and not
much lower wages ( I also do not pay bonuses so the asking wages are the straightforward ones). It seems they will be my
first signings in Premier...

2. I need a striker , first team quality; here I need to see the scouts reports and really search for the right player

3. Some players like Oliver, Van Ginkel, Kouyate, Kabaye , Gomis, Bamford , Szczesny, Joel Campbell will probably be available on a free in
july... but what wages will they demand and should i stretch the wage budget to sign any of them? Or I should go with the players I already have and sign the right bargain on the right wage when/if the opportunity arises ?

Last edited:

shaggy31

Mar 17, 2014
I took cardiff up first season and I splashed out on lemos from Las palmas for around 7.5m for centre back. As for striker I had bonazoli on loan. Only just started the season so not sure if they'll turn out good