ChippyLowe

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I started a save with Leeds a few days ago, keen to take them back to their former glory of the bigboys!
After a slow start I finally managed to get my tactic working well and secured promotion through the playoffs!

Now I need to update my squad to battle for safety on a tight wage and transfer budget.
I'm using LFCMarshalls most recent (before end of summer window) database.
I'm looking for fullbacks on both sides who can cross the ball well, have at least average mental stats for a fullbacks needs and are competent tacklers and markers.
I also need a creative midfielder who can either sit with the main midfield or push up behind the striker in and AMC role, if possible with decent finishing as my main problem last season was the wasting of chances from my forwards, 30 shots on goal, 6 on target, only scoring 1 in the Championship is all well and dandy but it won't help in the Premiership
I'd also like a left winger who can swing in a decent cross and is quite pacey.

I've had plenty of potential buys/loans but no one wants to sign with me due to my low reputation so that needs to be taken into account too.

Ken Bates is currently looking to sell the club too so my fingers are firmly crossed for a billionaire, not used to such tight budgets!

Thanks all :)

Last edited:
I have a leeds save in the 2nd season. I got O'Hara as my playmaker. I signed a couple of fullbacks who are doing well so far but can't remember their names off the top of my head. I will screenshot my transfers when I have time and post them here :)

Cheers mate, i'll take a look at O'Hara, not sure if Wolves will want to sell though on this database

look at Dzagoev on loan, 180k fee usually, he may join, worth a look anyway
Woodgate on a free, I know a CB but decent signing.

Clyne from Palace as full back, Dodo from corinthians also

Cheers mate, i'll take a look at O'Hara, not sure if Wolves will want to sell though on this database

oh god yeah forgot you were on Marshall's update sorry about that. I got him on loan from spurs you see.

Cheers James, i'll have a look now.
I got him Jak, cost me almost all of my transfer budget plus a lot of money over time lol, £5m overall, but he's not too expensive on the wages and if he learns to play behind the striker well i'll be happy

Cheers James, i'll have a look now.
I got him Jak, cost me almost all of my transfer budget plus a lot of money over time lol, £5m overall, but he's not too expensive on the wages and if he learns to play behind the striker well i'll be happy

how much did you get to spend? What did you put your season expectations as? I got a fair bit to spend :)

I got £12m to spend and £275k as wage budget, but I switched wage budget to £325k at the expense of some of my budget. I won my first game at home to Chelsea 1-0 but we lost our second 3-1 away to Man City. Hoping Scunthorpe kick me out the cup so I can keep my players fit for the league now

Here are my transfers, unbeaten start to the season so far but it's early I know
View attachment 194239

Damien Tiberi is my left back (solid so far)
Patric is my right back and seems good
Got Jan Kromkamp as a solid enough backup

season expectation was mid table I think

Nice, i'll have to check out Tiberi.
I used the monthy installments method to pay for a lot of my transfers, I figured that Ken Bates wants to leave anyway so i'll use his money to fund my survival, can't really say i've noticed much from my new performers as of yet. I managed to get Owen Hargreaves last season though on a free, as in my database he's a free agent and he's been brilliant for me, not a bad wage either.

View attachment 194241

Hargreaves is a great signing how did you manage to get him to drop down a division!?

No one would offer him a contract I was so lucky, I think he rejected Reading for me. Only thing was that I signed him in January so he'd spent 6 months not training so his attributes had dropped a bit. He was still too good for the Championship though

I'm another Leeds tragic. Which database are you using (i'm using 11.1, because you get more money & a shot at better loan players). I've got 5 frees (Soukouna,Lavric,Dabo,Goncalves & Rensing) Loans (Kyle Walker, Nathan Baker & Sanchez Watt). Have a look at Graham Carey from Celtic (he's very good from set pieces, when i had at Ipswich set a NP Champ record 22 assists).

---------- Post added at 04:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 AM ----------

I'm another Leeds tragic. Which database are you using (i'm using 11.1, because you get more money & a shot at better loan players). I've got 5 frees (Soukouna,Lavric,Dabo,Goncalves & Rensing) Loans (Kyle Walker, Nathan Baker & Sanchez Watt). Have a look at Graham Carey from Celtic (he's very good from set pieces, when i had at Ipswich set a NP Champ record 22 assists).
Also the trialists games are a good source of young players (get Fabian Brandy if you can). Depending upon what leagues you have loaded.