Legend Adams inspires Mertesacker

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 2K
Isn't it the norm for an Arsenal player to have a 'mare on his debut?

Erm. No?

Chamakh scored on his home debut, forced the equaliser at Anfield on his debut, Koscielny had an excellent game against LFC on his debut, Vermaelen scored twice on his debut, Gervinho got a brace on his friendly debut and played well vs Newcastle tbf, Nasri scored on his debut...

Not sure where you got that from - give me some examples of Joe Cole-esque debuts?

I've always liked Mertesacker. I think he'll be a success at Arsenal.

Erm. No?

Chamakh scored on his home debut, forced the equaliser at Anfield on his debut, Koscielny had an excellent game against LFC on his debut, Vermaelen scored twice on his debut, Gervinho got a brace on his friendly debut and played well vs Newcastle tbf, Nasri scored on his debut...

Not sure where you got that from - give me some examples of Joe Cole-esque debuts?

I was being incredibly sarcastic. Don't worry.
It's just something i'd expect to see in the papers.

I've always liked Mertesacker. I think he'll be a success at Arsenal.

Have to admit that I was nervous about us signing him when the story first broke this summer. It a) seemed a bit of a rush job (which it wasn't in the end, since we'd been negotiating all summer) and b) seemed the wrong option. I know a lot of people are crying out for Arsene to sign some height to defend set-pieces better, but it was largely the system letting us down from FKs etc. last season....

... but I'm really growing to him. He seems genuinely delighted to be here and after looking through some videos, it seems his style of play could well suit ours.

I get the feeling Santos will start tomorrow, though - Gibbs has only just come back from injury and it's always a risk playing him then.
Wenger: on the fitness of Andre Santos... He is not completely match fit, but is in the squad.

He hasn't played a game since Copa America. I imagine he'll start against Borussia or Blackburn depending how his fitness goes.

Will do well at Arsenal i believe, i'd be a little worried about his pace especially if Arsenal play a high line but he will be solid and win alot ariel battles.

Will do well at Arsenal i believe, i'd be a little worried about his pace especially if Arsenal play a high line but he will be solid and win alot ariel battles.
He'll be alrite with Kos, Stopper/cover. I suspect Arsenal's line wont be very high anyway. Was gonna watch but will be up all night watching rugby.

Back