Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that our Football Manager community is the best community.

Register
Complete Legend
Reaction score
I've decided to host another auction game, similar to the one I did last year, but with a few unique twists. It will be played using a created database of both past and present football legends, including Worldwide legendary players and club icons.

Special Rules:

* Squads must consist of between 16 and 20 players, 1 manager, 1 board member and 1 stadium.
* Budget of £100m (+ possible board member cash injection ranging from £10m to £50m). You will not be allowed to exceed your budget under any circumstances.
* You may only bid for 1 of the players/packs each round.
* Squads must consist of no more than 4 players/non-players from any single nation, with the exception of your starting nation (from which you may have up to 8).
* Each team starts with Youth and Training Facilities set at 10, and Reputation set at 5000.
* There will be a total of 30 rounds (including 5 trading rounds).
* Trading rounds will occur after every 4 rounds, allowing any player to be sold back and put up for individual auction.

Entrants:

Jake | Steaua Needarest | £24.6m
[Starting Nation - Spain]

Mike | Levi Roots FC | £1.8m
[Starting Nation - Italy]
View attachment 307420

Tiraths | Bling Singhs| £11m
[Starting Nation - England]

Joel`
| Victorious Secret | £21.7m
[Starting Nation - France]

Raikan 007 | Biffrag United | £1.6m
[Starting Nation - Argentina]

Kris | Carluke Cobras | £45.7m
[Starting Nation - Holland]
View attachment 307421

Dunc | Ninja Prawns FC | £2.5m
[Starting Nation - Brazil]
View attachment 314037

GodCubed | Gavin Henson FC | £29.8m
[Starting Nation - Germany]
View attachment 307422

Last edited:
Reaction score
Carluke Cobras

100m to buy 16-20 players, a manager, a stadium and a board member? eek!

Nice Guy Gramps
Reaction score
Newcastle Bluestars

This is going to be hard as nails....

Complete Legend
Reaction score
100m to buy 16-20 players, a manager, a stadium and a board member? eek!
This is going to be hard as nails....

Intentionally so, I'm hoping that lower bids will make it all a lot closer and possibly more tactical, but your money should fluctuate throughout the auction. A decent Board Member/Chairman/Owner (eg Roman Abramovich) will boost your finances, and every 5th round you'll be able to sell back any players at their sell back value (which will be indicated when you get them).

Reaction score
So what are you planning to begin with then? Chairman? and do we get to choose our own main nation?

Shelbourne Researcher
Reaction score
I Presume you are full now yah?

Keyboard Warrior
Reaction score
Ninja Prawns FC please. :)

Complete Legend
Reaction score
So what are you planning to begin with then? Chairman? and do we get to choose our own main nation?
Chairman/Owners such as Abramovich, Sheikh Mansour, Florentin Perez etc, that will have a varying boost to your bank balance for bidding. You will be bidding on your starting nation once the team names are all in. These will be Argentina, Brazil, England, France, Germany, Holland, Italy & Spain.

I Presume you are full now yah?
Yes mate, I can only make enough legends for 8 players, I don't have the time to make more. Sorry :S

Complete Legend
Reaction score
Just waiting on Jack's team name so I'll put up the first round of bidding for starting nations. The bidding will have no minimum value, so you can go in as low as you like throughout the auction. Once 7 starting nations have been auctioned, the remaining player without one will automatically receive the final nation at a cost of the average of the other 7 nation fees. Once you have won a starting nation, you may not bid for any other nation. I hope that all makes sense, any questions please ask.

The auction will generally be a blind auction, where you will receive a limited amount of information on what or who you are bidding for. Hopefully it will work well and will become clearer as we go along.

The first nation up for grabs is Germany, from which you will receive 3 players/staff/stadia. Remember, you will be allowed a maximum of 8 players from your starting nation in your final squad, and only 4 from any other nation, so think carefully on which nation you really want. Good luck, and I expect all bids to be in by Sunday 19th Feb.

Last edited:
Nice Guy Gramps
Reaction score
Bid sent-though I haven't a clue how much to bid for a nation lol. Fingers crossed

Complete Legend
Reaction score
I've only had bids from 4 players so far guys, should I extend the deadline to monday night?