LEGEND OR FLOP - One mans journey to the top!

FM Chief

Reaction score
View attachment 207833
Welcome to my story!...
I am currently just in to my second season of whats planned to be a long and eventful journey into the world of football management! My career path is somewhat undecided and will more than likely take some surprising twists and turns along the way, yet will hopefully be filled with glory and success!

Following this I will do a brief review on my first season and then let you all join me step by step for the remainder of my career. I started with my local side Colchester United, the aim initially, was to remain at the club for a long period of time continuing the clubs tradition of building up the academy, bringing these youngster up into the first team, whilst trying to remain in League 1 on what is one of the leagues lowest budgets.

All feedback and comments are very much appreciated along the way.
Enjoy!...

View attachment 207813
Colchester were another side who survived on the last day of the season; the U’s have finished 20th, 16th and 19th in the past three years.

Tony Humes stepped down over the summer sighting he needed a break from the game which left the position free for the largely unknown U16s coach to step in to the role.

With Colchester having one the smallest budgets in League 1 coupled with a vastly inexperienced manager, most bookies have them favourites for the drop, yet players like George Moncur, Marvin Sordell and the on loan Callum Harriot may give the U's a slim chance in defying the odds and beating the drop.

Much effort is also being put in to the Essex clubs academy and youth development with chairman Robbie Cowling recently opening the clubs new training centre in nearby Tiptree. Prospects like Drey Wright, Alex Gilbey and Sammie Szmodics are all sets to feature heavily this season continuing there development.

BBC Sport Prediction
- 22nd

View attachment 207786
The new Colchester United boss has decided to stick rather than twist, not that he has the resources to do anything but. The season long loan deal for Cole Kpekawa from QPR was his only foray into the transfer market with the young left back making a return to the North Essex side for his second loan stint.

Going the other way was former club captain Chris Porter who moved on to Gillingham on a free transfer in what was an extremely quiet transfer window for Colchester. However what may of been the biggest success was the fact the U's managed to hold on to key players such as George Moncur and Gavin Massey.

View attachment 207782Colchester United were crowned Sky Bet League One champions after a truly memorable season for the Essex Club. The U's who were many people favourites to go down at the beginning of the season had defied all odds by slowly climbing the table and then putting together some superb end of season form which coupled with the collapse of both Oldham and Barnsley to see Colchester become champions for the first time in the clubs history.

It had been a superb first season in charge for the new head coach, with his side producing some fantastic displays such as away victories at Peterborough, Millwall and Barnsley coupled with some solid home form toppling the likes of Coventry, Sheffield United and Doncaster, yet losing both games against rivals Southend will go down as one of the only low points in and otherwise near perfect league campaign.

The main man for the U's was without doubt Marvin Sordell who bagged an incredible 31 league goals, with Callum Harriot and Drey Wright also netting 10 each. Yet the emergence of Frankie Kent as a real first team regular was also pivotal along with Alex Gilbey and George Moncur.

View attachment 207772

View attachment 207754
If anybody wants any particular information or screenshots from this season just let me know, happy to supply any requests that people may wish for, hope that everyones enjoying the story!

A great season there mate and I love the layout and focusing on the other top leagues, How did Brighton do in the Championship last season?

View attachment 989590
If anybody wants any particular information or screenshots from this season just let me know, happy to supply any requests that people may wish for, hope that everyones enjoying the story!

How did Brighton do in the Championship last season?
o.png