DarthFurion

Reaction score
My Goals

QUALITY over quantity

I want to create the MOST REALISTIC set of Legendary Wonderkids that I possibly can!
The Wonderkids should enhance the enjoyment of the game for the next 15 seasons!
Add players with as close to their real life attributes as I can, including injury proneness, dirtiness, personalities, likes and dislikes etc.
I added the historic data, and capture the personality of the players.
Most players will start the game at about 17 years old, my target age because they can sign a professional contract in most leagues.
But some players like George Weah start later, because he only went to Europe later.
I try to start the players in the exact same club they joined at the exact age/time that they start the game in.
But some players clubs have dissolved so I put them in the next club they played for.
I try to capture the `personality` and REAL LIFE choices of the players in the `Career Plans` section.

Career Plans

The `Career Plans` section (a part of the data editor) helps to guide the player to the clubs, leagues and nations the player wants to play for, and which ones they don't want to play for!
I based these on REAL LIFE offers the player accepted/rejected, news/media/interviews of the player, but mostly it's based on the nations and clubs he played for in REAL LIFE.
Generally players will NOT accept offers from major rival clubs, unless they actually DID accept offers from the rival clubs in REAL LIFE, ie. Luís Figo

UNLIKE other legends databases, where you can just sign any player you want, this database will try to simulate the REAL LIFE likes and dislikes a player has for clubs, nations and leagues.

For example:
  • Pelé said in interviews he would want to play for Arsenal or Barcelona because they play a similar style to what he played at Santos. So Pelé will join Barca and Arsenal, but doesn't want to play for clubs that generally `buy` their star players like Real Madrid, Chelsea, Man City and PSG. Other clubs are also free try to sign him, but if Barca and Arsenal make an offer for him, he will prefer to go there!
  • Maradona prefers to play for Napoli (historic), Barcelona (historic), Man City (personal reasons, ie. Sergio); and doesn't want to play for Man United (rivals) and Arsenal. Other clubs can also try to sign him!
Loans, offers and transfers

Sometimes I send the player on loan to a major club they played for, with a `fee to buy`, so the (major) club who they played for has the opportunity to get the player first.
I might also send a player on loan to smaller clubs to get experience, because they might not always develop properly in their parent club.
Some players might have FORCED transfers at the start of the game, sometimes transferring at the end of the season, especially if they transferred at the end of their first year!

One major example of this happening, is Alfredo Di Stéfano will transfer to Real Madrid after 1 year from River Plate.
However, this DID NOT HAPPEN in real life! He played for River Plate for 4 years, and only went to Real Madrid when he was 27; so he wouldn't be a `wonderkid` anymore! BUT, he played there for 11 years until he was 38, and he's such a HUGE part of Real Madrid history and tradition, that I felt I HAD to send him there!

Don't ask me to add player X!

I have a list of 500+ players to add! (There is an excel spreadsheet in the zip file with all my data)
Each players takes 2 to 4 hours to add each! So I can usually only do at most 4 players per day!
Because I make custom graphics (face and background) and I load/check/gather all historic data!
And I read tons of information on each player, then data capture their stats from older versions of FM if I can.
Then I simulate the game for 10 seasons (8 hours) and record their progress and stats
This takes a **** LOAD OF TIME! I've been working on this for 2 months already!

MY CUT OUT FACES

The is the FIRST and ONLY legends database with CUT-OUT FACES!

I made ALL the black and white cut-outs, and about 50% of the color ones.
The rest mostly come from sortitoutsi.net!
Credit to sortitoutsi.net is given inside the readme file!
Some come from futhead website, but I'm slowly replacing them!

But I made the cut-outs for:

Eusébio, Diego Maradona, Alfredo Di Stéfano, Bobby Moore, Zinedine Zidane, Franz Beckenbauer, Hugo Sánchez, Silvio Piola, Ferenc Puskás, Giampiero Boniperti, Bobby Charlton, Garrincha, John Charles, Stanley Matthews, Raymond Kopa, Zarra etc. to name a few!

You can use them if you give me credit!

Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo

I have the faces for them, but I have NOT added/changed them!
I'm still not sure if I want to add a `Junior` version of them (ie. keep them in the game but add another copy of them as a wonderkid?) Let me know what you think!

View attachment 100145View attachment 100144

View attachment 100142View attachment 100141

View attachment 100140View attachment 100139

View attachment 100138View attachment 100137

View attachment 100136View attachment 100135

View attachment 100134View attachment 100133

View attachment 100132View attachment 100131

View attachment 100130View attachment 100129

View attachment 100128View attachment 100127

View attachment 100126View attachment 100125

View attachment 100124View attachment 100123

View attachment 100122View attachment 100121

View attachment 100143View attachment 100120

View attachment 100119View attachment 100118

View attachment 100117View attachment 100116

View attachment 100115View attachment 100114

View attachment 100113View attachment 100112

View attachment 100111View attachment 100110

View attachment 100109View attachment 100108

View attachment 100107View attachment 100106

How to install

DOWNLOAD

Extract the files from the zip file.

Copy the `editor data` and `graphics` folders to:
C:\Users\[MY_USER_ACCOUNT]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2017\

Start a NEW game!

Select `Legendary Wonderkids` from the custom database drop down!

The .xlsx file is for my reference! NOT all 500 Wonderkids are added! Only about 100~200!

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Playing this file now. VEry well done!! Having fun with it. Thank you very much.

Amazing database! Really, really enjoying it! First time I use a Legend Database and it's really amazing!