Lehmann returns in reserve match

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 2K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Jens Lehmann completes 90 minutes on his return to action for Arsenal reserves in a 2-1 defeat by a Wigan second-string.

More...

sky sports news showed the goals

didnt fill me with confidence any one with pace can go past him :(

Didn't look at his best on SSN, but happy to see him back tbh

I lol'd at the goals that were scored - especially the second goal.

If he starts vs Blackburn they will be licking their lips.

sky sports news showed the goals

didnt fill me with confidence any one with pace can go past him :(

Go past Lehmann? Once a player is past a keeper, it's usually over anyway.

Go past Lehmann? Once a player is past a keeper, it's usually over anyway.

To be honest, anyone whom poses more speed than an OAP with a zimmer frame. Wouldn't struggle to get past Lehmann if Sky Sports footage of the goals is anything to go by.

Sounds like they left out the bit where Lehmann made two or three top-class saves and was hugely let down by his defence after we had a player sent off.

Sounds like they left out the bit where Lehmann made two or three top-class saves and was hugely let down by his defence after we had a player sent off.

Come on Joss, I know your drunk from GCs drinking game but lets not take this out of content, he made 2 or 3 saves you would expect from any keeper apparently challenging for a starting place in the first team.

Come on Joss, I know your drunk from GCs drinking game but lets not take this out of content, he made 2 or 3 saves you would expect from any keeper apparently challenging for a starting place in the first team.

Have to agree with Scott here

Lehmahn didn't inpress me at all

Last edited by a moderator:

No... I fully accept that he made some poor errors - including kicking air twice, but according to YoungGunsBlog, who was at the game - he made two or three excellent saves, including one from point-blank when he needed to have quick reactions.

Just saying that as always, the media leave out the other stuff. Nothing to do with Arsenal, just generally.

Have we seriously hit the stage where we are arguing over a 41 year old emergency reserve’s performance in a reserve match?

Have we seriously hit the stage where we are arguing over a 41 year old emergency reserve’s performance in a reserve match?

Haha

I'm not trying to argue... Just repeating what I was told and disputing whether SkySports/BBC/whoever included some of the more positive stuff. I agree, though - non story.

I think we have, and your suprised why..? This is me and Joss after all.

I reckon you would argue with a brick wall.

Already been done, I argue for fun, it is what i do.. It gives you mods something to do.

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

And still lose.

No use in trying to bait me in GC, that is my job (H)

Back