Lehmann returns in reserve match

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 2K
As bad has lehman apparently played do the arsenal fans really want almunia for the rest of the season? Once hes had a few games and got back to match sharpness i think lehman will prove any doubters wrong.

Ok. So an Arsenal goalkeeper who was signed to challenge for the first team manages to let in 2 goals from Wigan's **** reserves? Arsenal have great youth and I was backing the Gunners for this game. I don't think he is ready for the first team yet, needs more match practice.

Not sure why everyone is making such a fuss about a 41 year old, who has been retired for over a year, playing a bit poorly on his first game back?

Not sure why everyone is making such a fuss about a 41 year old, who has been retired for over a year, playing a bit poorly on his first game back?

Yeah but to be fair he is meant to be playing as a 1st team challenger at least.

Is anyone suprised of a bad game from an arsenal keeper? Sounds quite normal :p Also hes past it now, and been out for a while, not expecting to be back playing football and probably let himself go.

Yeah but to be fair he is meant to be playing as a 1st team challenger at least.

At least? Bit harsh. He was brought in because they were desperate. Of course he will be expected to keep Almunia on hsi toe's but I never expected him to be first choice, more of a safety net.

Why is everyone expecting him to do well at his age? You don't see us (United) with an amazing 40+ keeper.
Oh hold on.............

Why is everyone expecting him to do well at his age? You don't see us (United) with an amazing 40+ keeper.
Oh hold on.............

Indeed. VDS is a top quality, old 'keeper. Congrats on that one. You don't see Utd with an amazing 5th choice GK, though..

Indeed. VDS is a top quality, old 'keeper. Congrats on that one. You don't see Utd with an amazing 5th choice GK, though..

Oh I dunno, there is erm......................................

errrr..............................

Rio?

You have 5 quality keepers...? That is big news to me, can you point me in the direction of these 5 please.

You have 5 quality keepers...? That is big news to me, can you point me in the direction of these 5 please.

Where did you even get that from?

Have I ever said we have 5 quality GKs? Clearly you just read what you wanted to see..

Everyone's saying how bad Lehmann was, and then Si said you have an amazing 40+ year old 'keeper, I responded by saying that he's our 5th choice and I have my doubts that if you had a 41 year old, 5th choice GK - he'd do much better.

Where did you even get that from?

Have I ever said we have 5 quality GKs? Clearly you just read what you wanted to see..

Everyone's saying how bad Lehmann was, and then Si said you have an amazing 40+ year old 'keeper, I responded by saying that he's our 5th choice and I have my doubts that if you had a 41 year old, 5th choice GK - he'd do much better.

I actaully just totally mis read what you said, for that i am sorry, i took it as you where saying your 5th choice is quality.. My Bad i am very sorry.

I actaully just totally mis read what you said, for that i am sorry, i took it as you where saying your 5th choice is quality.. My Bad i am very sorry.

Haha no worries :)

plz sczesny gt fit soon again, almunia's a young version of the current version of lehmann dnt want that if were gonna win a trophy

Back