Lee Bowden

Reaction score
LEICESTER CITY FC – BACK TO THE TOP
Pre note. I will be telling you of transfers as they happen, and events in chronological order. I am using LFC Marshall’s January transfer update, which I highly recommend! There is no guarantee that if another job is offered I will not take it.

PEARSON FIRED!
Today the board at Leicester has announced that they will be parting ways with manager Nigel Pearson- a mere 8 months into his second spell at Leicester. When asked why the former Sheffield Wednesday and Middlesbrough skipper had been fired, Aiyawatt Raskiarnonison replied “the club wasn’t going in the direction that we felt it should be going in, so therefore the board met with Pearson last Tuesday and decided that enough was enough.”
It is not known whether the board has a replacement in mind, but the revolving door has moved again in Leicester and the fans will be hoping for some stability when the new manager finally does roll into town.

Bowden Hired!
The Leicester board have announced today that they have found their new manager. 25 year old Lee Bowden. Bowden was previously an academy player before a broken leg cut short his playing career at the age of 21, where he joined the clubs infrastructure as a scout, and has worked his way up through the ranks at the club since.
The fans do not seem upset with the choice and are happy that the manager is a fan of the club as they feel it may bring the desire to the dressing room that it has evidently been lacking in recent months.

The Squad:
Goalkeepers
Kasper Schmeichel, Conrad Logan, Adam Smith
Kasper Schmeichel is top class at this level, and so will serve me well, Conrad Logan is the back up and I’m happy to leave it that way for this season.

Defenders:
Ritchie De Laet, Wes Morgan, Sean St. Ledger, Zak Whitbread, Liam Moore, Michael Keane (on loan from Manchester United), Paul Konchesky.
Looking at the back my two priorities are trying to sign Michael Keane on a permanent, seeing as his potential is extremely high, and getting cover for ageing left back Paul Konchesky. Other than that Ritchie De Laet is quality, and the other centre backs are strong championship players. I will loan out Liam Moore to give him regular game time so he can achieve his potential.

Midfielders
Andy King, Danny Drinkwater, Matt James, , Lloyd Dyer, Antony knockaert, Ben Marshall, Paul Gallagher.
Midfield wise, I probably need a centre midfielder. I will also attempt to sell or loan out Paul Gallagher and bring in a replacement winger of a higher standard.

Strikers:
David Nugent, Chris Wood, Martyn Waghorn, Jamie Vardy, Marko Futacs, Jeffery Schlupp.
I have too many strikers, so will try and get Vardy off of the wage bill and loan out Schlupp. Nugent and Wood look like the quality pairing to help gain promotion.

Out on loan:
Jermaine Beckford (Huddersfield), Neil Danns (Huddersfield) Ritchie Wellens (Ipswich Town)
None of these players have a future at the club and will be sold upon return.

Injuries
Sean St.Ledger- 2-4 months
Zak Whitbread- 6 weeks-2months

July: Getting to know the Squad

Leicester vs Leicester Reserves (2-0)

Moore (68), Marshall (78).

Although the scoreline is not as emphatic as we might have hoped, all in all it was a good performance both from Leicester, and the reserves goalkeeper, David Soria. Soria’s abilities do not look good enough for him to ever become first team standard, but I will keep an eye on him and maybe loan him out in the coming weeks.
MOTM: Ben Marshall

NEW SIGNING!
“The £2Million Transfer of James Henry from Millwall to Leicester has been completed”
James Henry- £2 million. I signed Henry to replace Gallagher, who is in the process of being sold to Barnsley for half of the fee payed for Henry. He’s relatively young, and is great for a backup in this league.

Staff Additions!
Bringing in international experience into the coaching setup, with David seaman signing as a coach, and Sol Campbell as an under 18’s coach.

Outgoing!
Paul Gallagher signs for Barnsley in a deal worth £1 million. I have to pay £14,000 a week compensation for this season, but I am just glad to see the back of him to be honest!
Jamie Vardy Moves on Loan to Hull with a future fee of £1 million, Hull cover all wages, plus 20k a month.

New Signing!
Abdul Razak signs for a £1million fee from Manchester city, a good backup CM, and prospect for the future.

Rc Strasbourg vs Leicester (0-3)
Nugent (11) Marshall (27) Dyer (78)

Leicester show some class in this game, with another good performance from Ben Marshall really proving the difference, Strasbourg had attempts on goal, but ultimately failed to test Schmeichel. Goals from Nugent and Dyer wrapped up my first real match in charge, as well as a non-competitive debut for Abdul Razak.
MOTM: David Nugent

ES Wasquehal vs Leicester (0-4)
Keane (5) Waghorn (68,80) Moore (88)

Leicester show top form this preseason, with a 4 goal win here, and they looked good value for that victory throughout the whole of the game, as Wasquehal failed to test Schmeichel all game. A strong start for Leicester, and here’s to hoping it continues.
MOTM: Martyn Waghorn.

Pacy Football vs Leicester (1-5)
Perrot (40) Knockaert (10) Nugent (28) Marshall (35) Wood (51) Dyer (64)

Things are getting better and better this preseason. The wingers, Knockeart and Marshall, look really up for the new season, and even Lloyd Dyer’s been chipping in with a sweetly struck free kick. It will be hard for James Henry to break into the team if this form continues!
MOTM: Knockeart.

July has been a strong month which gives me hope that I will have a successful time at Leicester.