footy1

Reaction score
220px-Leicester_City_crest.svg.png

View attachment 218481
Leicester City, or the Foxes have been relatively successful in recent history after winning promotion to the Premier League in 2013/14 after 10 years in the lower echelons of English football. After surviving relegation in their first season, the club's ambitious Thai owners have their eyes set on bigger and better things for the club.

As a fan of the club my first effort at a story in FM16 will be to try and get the club into Europe, and beyond. Bear in mind I'm still familiarizing myself with the new game and am learning as I go. As long as I can harness some of the real-life team's form at the moment though I should be ok!

Key Players

View attachment 218469
Club captain Wes Morgan will be key for us at the back, bringing a much needed experience to help us keep our backline watertight. The Jamaican is known for his strength and ability in the air and we hope he can use those attributes to good effect.

View attachment 218467
Probably our best player is Algerian winger Riyad Mahrez, who was one of the main reasons the club stayed up last season with his quick feet and great creativity providing plenty of chances for the team. He could also chip in with a few goals as well from the right-wing thanks to his ability to cut inside and shoot.

View attachment 218466
Finally we also have England international Jamie Vardy in our ranks, who after a slow start to his career has climbed the professional ranks and is now a much feared goal threat in the Premier League. His role will be to lead the line for us this season and be prolific in all competitions.

Expectations

View attachment 218465
So the board expects a mid-table finish from us, as well as a decent run in both cups. I think these are quite achievable, and with a good transfer budget of £11M as well I think the squad could do even better.​

don't know if you've made the signings yet but can i recommend mammana as he is only about 4.2 mil and has amazing potential ability and decent current anyway looking forward to seeing how you can do

View attachment 968686

Transfer News

As mentioned previously we had a good sized transfer budget of £11M to spend on new players. Looking at the squad, I immediately identified the need for a new right back as we lacked quality in that department. We also needed more depth on the wings, with Marc Albrighton our only option on the left flank.

Unsurprisingly our most expensive purchase was a right back, with Sebastian Corchia arriving from Lille for £7M. He'll be our first choice for hopefully a long time, with him still being young at 24 and very good quality.

View attachment 218208

Our only other signing was Senegalese winger Ibrahima Traore on loan from Gladbach to increase competition in the wide areas.

View attachment 218207

As far as outgoings, Dean Hammond was the only player to leave the club permanently as he left for Bristol City. Other outgoings were just loans for some of our younger players.

View attachment 218205

August

View attachment 218203

Leicester 2-0 Norwich

View attachment 218201

A good win at home to start the season, with goals from Vardy and Morgan helping us claim a comfortable 2-0 win against Norwich in a game we dominated.

Southampton
4-3 Leicester

View attachment 218199

In a thrilling game against Southampton we lead early on through Mahrez before going 3-1 down. We fought back superbly to have any chance of a result with goals from Morgan and King but unfortunately we couldn't find an equaliser in the final minutes and had to settle for a 4-3 loss.

Leicester 4-2 Bournemouth

View attachment 218190

In another high scoring game we managed to beat Bouremouth at home, winning 4-2. Inler and Vardy put us 2-0 up before we were pegged back to 2-2. Mahrez and Kramaric scored in the closing stages though to close out the win.

Rochdale 2-2 Leicester

View attachment 218186

A shock loss to Rochdale followed in the capital one cup. Despite dominating the game, we had to come back from behind twice with 2 Vardy goals before missing our final two spot kicks to lose the shootout 5-4.

Watford
3-0 Leicester

View attachment 218183

It was a disappointing end to the month as we suffered a 3-0 hammering by Watford, who did us on the counter attack for all 3 of their goals. These are the sorts of game we should be winning, so an improvement is needed.

League Table

View attachment 218182

We sit 11th at the end of the month, and with it still being early stages in the league we are disappointed to not have done better after playing all 3 promoted sides. The cup exit was another disappointment for us so an improvement is definitely needed.​