Lok1to

Reaction score

Hey guys i´ve been a bit retired from the scene, as i have less time available to play. So i got some free days and started emulating the Ranieri concept. When we talk about this year´s Leicester , we can see a team in great shape. The system used is a classical 4-4-2, with the Wide Midfielder Right making inside movements. It is unfair to talk about this tactical approach, without referring to the origins of this idea, the Arrigo Sachi 4-4-2. It consists in:
  • Classical 4-4-2
  • 3 lines of pressure
  • Compact formation with less spaces between lines
  • High pressure
  • In the defensive transition, the W.Mid. close more and give more compactness to the team
  • Agressive and strong tackles
  • Try to attract the opposition to use long balls
  • Quick transition with mixed movements

Well like i always say, the "miraculous tactics" don´t exist anymore. Specially in this year FM version. Off course that if u play with Barcelona, Bayern or Real Madrid, any tactic will eventually work, because is more easy to win, than to lose, but with other teams there are a lot of factors that will transform a good tactic in a great tactic.

Player Fitness
Team Morale
Good relationship with all players
Rotation
Dynamic approach to games ( changing things during matches, specially when you see the opposition made changes)
Training
Right players in the right positions
Shouts
Etc

So if u think u will win everything with lower teams and playing the games without analysing the matches and making changes when it´s needed, or shouting ur players, this isn´t for u. It might work like that, but this wasn´t my idea. So u can use the original tactic or change it with your ideas, that could be even better than mine. I´m not going to put "Astonishing" and the "Best tactic ever for FM2016" in my tactic name for sure friends. My idea was recreating the Ranieri system and trying to win aswell. It worked for me, in a very difficult season, winning the Premier League in the last game, with some luck tbh.

So this is the formation

View attachment 188318

OPP. INST.

(DO THE SAME TO ALL PLAYERS TO BOTTOM)

View attachment 188303

TRAINING

COHESION AND TACTICS DURING PRE-SEASON AND UNTIL DECEMBER
BALANCED AND DEF. POS. DURING THE REST OF THE SEASON

IF U SEE THAT UR TEAM LACKS COHESION IN DECEMBER USE:

COHESION AND DEF. POS.

DURING MATCHES DON´T BE AFRAID TO CHANGE.

TRY USING FAST PLAYERS AND WITH GOOD STAMINA

BE CAREFUL WITH BOOKED PLAYERS

PUT THE TACTIC IN THREE SLOTS (CONTAIN, CONTROL AND OVERLOAD)

USE ALL THE MENTALITIES DURING MATCHES. BELIEVE ME, SOMETIMES, MIXED WITH THE RIGHT SHOUTS OR EVEN WITHOUT SHOUTS IT MAKES THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SUFFERING TO MAINTAIN A LEAD AFTER THE OPPOSITON SCORE AND NOT ONLY MAINTAINING THE LEAD BUT EVEN REACT AND "KILL" THE GAME WITH ANOTHER GOAL.

ALWAYS CHANGE SOMETHING WHEN THE OPPOSITION MAKE CHANGES AND IF U SEE SOMETHING ISN´T RIGHT OR THAT HE OPPOSITION IS REACTING.

MY RESULTS IN THE FIRST SEASON

vJNLeEO.png

UltkgAA.png

FbCU2mE.png

TKQ0B2c.png

5186622f69034fc4a1dd418993cc5c3a.png

Don´t forget to be dynamic during matches, particularly when playing with medium / lower teams. It´s crucial in this year version. I would like to test it a bit more, bur i´m not sure if i´m going to have time to play that much. So i decided to share with u guys. Hope it works for u and i will be happy if i can help only one person.(H) Use it, change it, tweak it, so we can have a better tactic. Enough said here it is.

Omg Lokito :D Maybe you can finally bring back the fun :p

Can you elaborate on which changes should i do after opposition did changes too?

Last edited:
Can you elaborate on which changes should i do after opposition did changes too?

That is for u to decide. U must analyse the match and choose what changes to make. For e.g: ur winning 1-0 and see that the opposition changed to a more offensive approach (happens a lot). Sometimes reducing tempo helps a lot, changing to Counter also could help, even changing to Attacking trying to push the other team to their defense (when playing in a more defensive mentality) helps and like i said in OP u could maintain the control of the match and kill it with one more goal. It all depends in the opposition and the signs that ur team sends u during matches, statistics and etc.

Can' t believe I missed this! I have been playing around very successfully with your balanced tactic from 2015 which works like a dream. You have to go across all mentalities and tweak around with the defensive line, some player roles/instructions etc but that is the fun of it…

Certainly will be giving this a go and it will be very interesting to see what the player instructions, team instructions etc look like when I have downloaded this one.

Good to have you back. Love the base tactics you provide.

Great tactic. The team I have at the moment still performs better across the strategies of the balanced 2015 tactic. Mainly because of their technical qualities and the much shorter passing. Will shorten the passing in this tactic and see what happens as I do like 442s!

thanks again for another great base.

Hi! Where do you use Mahrez? As the F9 or wide midfielder? :)

Great tactic. The team I have at the moment still performs better across the strategies of the balanced 2015 tactic. Mainly because of their technical qualities and the much shorter passing. Will shorten the passing in this tactic and see what happens as I do like 442s!

thanks again for another great base.

Hey m8. Are u still using it ? I don´t have much time to play now, so i´m a bit far from FM. Let me know about your tweaks. What tactic from 2015 are u talking about ? :)

Hi! Where do you use Mahrez? As the F9 or wide midfielder? :)

I used him in as Wide Midfielder Left. Sold him in December fro 50M i think. :)

Can you SS your training schedule please?

M8, come on.

TEAM COHESION AND TACTICS DURING PRE-SEASON AND UNTIL DECEMBER
BALANCED AND DEF. POS. DURING THE REST OF THE SEASON

IF U SEE THAT UR TEAM LACKS COHESION IN DECEMBER USE:

COHESION AND DEF. POS.

I think that´s it bro. I don´t have the ss now, so if u still need it i will try to post it later.

Beautiful tactic

Tks man. Are u enjoying it ? Give me some screens. :D

"The Locksmith" --> The one and only tactic for FM15 mate!

Eu sou brasileiro. Essa tática é muito boa, não teria como você aperfeiçoá-la para times maiores?

The Locksmith was the best tactic that has been created for FM15! What about a FM16 version? :)

foi com essa tática que ganhaste a CL na 2ª epoca Lokito?