Askando

Reaction score
Hey, is anyone doing a Leiceister save ? I've decided to do one myself and so far, after 10 games I'm in 10th place. My motivation to start this save where James Vardy and Riyad Mahrez, who have been incredible in real life. But so far the save itself hasn't been too fun for me and not for the fact that I haven't been dominating like Leicester irl, but because the majority of the players are underrated and feel very subpar. And as for Mahrez and Vardy, well Vardy has been decent scoring 6 or 7 goals, but Mahrez has been awful, even tho he gets decent ratings, his game dosen;t trasnlate into goals or assists,even if played if played in preffered role or position and his stamina is also a huge problem, around 60-70 minute I always have to replace him. Overall I thought that the team would have been more exciting to manage. And how about your experience with the team ?

I played as Leicester in fm 14 (and immediately became a fan of the real club) and took them up this year to see if I could mimic this season. I bought Adam Johnson to replace Albrighton on the left wing and Jordi Figueras at the back because Huth hasn't been healthy since preseason, but otherwise the team is largely the same. I'm currently 6th with 19 points thru the mid November international window , drawing Chelsea and Arsenal and upsetting City. Losing two of the first three sucked but I was still coming to grips with the squad, insisting that I play Okazaki because I like him in real life. Eventually stuck to Vardy primarily and Ulloa when playing two forwards. Contemplating selling Vardy when the window opens and infusing some young talent . He's got 8 goals , Kante and Mahrez have the highest avg rating, not terribly concerned with his stamina atm but I'm training it and he's whining. I just move Johnson to the right and plug in Albrighton and the left side with Fuchs is a right back's nightmare. In the capital one cup quarters and facing derby next. The key I think is that I fired half the staff and didn't hold back with replacements by no means do I have 5 stars thruOuhout training but I have high man management and tactical knowledge so they really help out with match training.

Ill see what Mr V offers me to finish top half or qualify for Europe in funds. If it's not much, ll settle for continuing with mid table and sell Vardy since I don't like defensive forwards. If he gives me room to work with, I'll shoot for Europe and keep Vardy around but sell Okazaki and Kramaric because they're complaining too much and I replace them with a couple rotational contracts. Overall, as a Foxes supporter, I'm having fun.

You have to remember these players weren't the best last season and still aren't the best. SI does a good job getting stats close to replicating real life, and just because Vardy, Mahrez and Leiceister, the club overall, are in form still does not mean they deserve higher ratings in game just from a few games or even one season.
Your game may not replicate real life because in the game your players aren't in form. Keep morale high, motivate them and try to play them in their best position to get the most out of them similar to real life. Once their in form don't do anything to hurt that form and see how things go from there ;)

I've been eying up a game with Leicester. Not so much because of how they are doing in real football, but because they have some quality in the squad, some money to spend, and some diversity to the squad.

Replicating what they are actually doing isn't that easy. Like FreakDJ says, its players and a side in great form. That doesn't immediately make them world class players. Riyad Mahrez is a good winger who is scoring at a rate above what would be expected of him. If used in the exact right way in game, he might score fairly freely, but the 20 goals he's currently on pace for isn't a typical return for a winger.

I plan to play leicester too. This is the club i like second from Arsenal