Jorge Dias

Reaction score
This is my first FM12 story, I would like to see some feedback if possible. My journey is going to start in my hometown with the Portuguese team Leixões Sport Club, so I hope you guys enjoy it ;)

leixoes.gif

The Leixões Sport Club chairman has appointed Jorge Dias as the clubs new manager

Young Portuguese manager Jorge Dias(25), has been announced as Leixões Sport Club new manager. Many fans have been questioning the decision by the board to appoint such an inexperienced manager. Rumour has it, bookies are already taking bets on a replacement for Mr Dias but most are dismissing this as rubbish. Jorge Dias said earlier today on the club's site that "I'm very happy to be here, It is my intention to take this club into the first division this season and I don't want to comment on the fans reactions, I will let the football do the talking." When questioned on his transfer policies he replied "I'm not going to be an José Mourinho, but I'm not going to do a 'Manchester City' and spend millions. I will bring a few youth and a few experienced players." When asked if he would keep most of the squad or sell most of them, he simply replied "Everyone will get a chance, I know who is in my plans and who isn't but they can change my mind in training." Leixões have the likes of Fangueiro, Vicent Degré and Nuno Silva in their team and fans have high expectations after missing out on promotion for the last few years. Will Dias complete his promise and take Leixões back to the first division?

porto-v-leixoes.jpg

Leixões Sport Club after winning a game against FC Porto

Leixões Sport Club was founded in 1907, making them one of Portugal's oldest sports clubs in continuous operation. Although not known to many clubs in Europe in the modern game, in the 1960s, they managed to win the Cup of Portugal (against FC Porto in 1961) and featured regularly in the European Competitions. They then disappeared in the late 1970s into the lower echelons of Portuguese football and were seemingly forgotten. But, in 2002, they returned to the main stage with a tremendous Cup run, defeating Sporting de Braga 3–1 away to secure a place in the final and the UEFA Cup next season. They lost 1–0 to Sporting Clube de Portugal, who also became national champions that year. Finally, in 2007, they gained promotion to the Liga, 18 years after their relegation. During this stint, which lasted 3 seasons, their best result was a 6th place finish in 2008-2009. Their last match in the Portuguese Liga was a 1-0 away loss to Olhanense on 2 May 2010.