Let me hear your experience with Sports Director & President responsibilities

Flourix

Reaction score
Hello!

A combination of less time during the latest years and actually enjoying my new playstyle of FM saves have got me into playing with a sports director for each new years released game.

I would like to talk and discuss this playstyle with you all and have some specific questions and thoughts I have been thinking about myself.

Usually I myself hire my sport directors and decide if they get a new contract, just because I want to make sure he is on level with the club. So he signs players not too bad for us. But sometime it's fun to let the president sign him and you have to live with that guy and his transfers as long as president wants to have him.

Now that leads to one question I have for you, juregarding also having the sports director or president sign your coaches. Have you had more success with president signing them or sport director? With sucess I mean that they sign new coaches on level with the club and level you play in etc.

Feels like you see many times that they both prefer to give new contracts to coaches with expiring ones even if the coach is not on level with your team anymore. Meaning it takes time until you get a new coach if you playing this challenge to not interfere and only focus on manager duties as in building a tactic with the player material you get and winning the games.

I have sometime felt, that when president handles the staff, he most of the time focus on renewals and takes sometimes very long to hire new staff even when a spot is empty. That's why I recently play more with sports director hiring staff and myself hiring him - even though I would prefer theoretically that president hire and do contracts with sports director and sports director set together a team of players and coaches.

Second thing I noticed when playing with a sports director these years is he sometimes as well seem to focus on renewals of contracts more than finding new players on higher level as you advance. Even though it's much better now latest year though I think.

Third thing that's been standing in stone for many many years I feel is the selling of players using a sports director. I wish FM and Sports Interactive would add a responsibility so that you can give him the responsibility to read better, is this a player we need and do we sell him.

But now he only steps into action if an offer arrives on a player and accept/reject and if you want to get rid of a player you have to transferlist and sometimes it takes ages to sell because Sports Director can't work actively with finding a buyer, just waiting. The transferlist is no big deal, ofc me as a manager see I don't want a player anymore for some reason and list them, but then they also need to be sold. I want them gone and replaced from my squad!

This leading to that you very often have to pick the other options to sell player for lower value to try and get a offer on him yourself before the Sports Director act. And even worse when you have to pick "sell or release" option, because majority of time it ends up with him giving away the players for free because there is few interested buyers.

So what's your experience playing with President and coaching responsibilities? Do you feel its better/worse in Fm22 and do you think that Sports Interactive more or less don't focus on this function in the game because they believe you play because you want to have control of everything.

Share other experiences as well on the topic and we can discuss them together we who like to play the game like this nowdays.