Duggy

Reaction score
I wanted to create a defensively solid tactic but still able to score a few goals along the way this is the first tactic I think I have got it right with

TIPS

Employ an assistant with high motivation and high man management
leave team talks to him
also leave training to him

MATCH PREP
pre season - teamwork
during season - def positioning/att movement depending on opposition

ENJOY

Really nice tactic mate. Using it for the last few games of the season on my Chowley (conference north save) and I've managed 4 wins and 3 clean sheets with 3 games to go. Can't wait to use this for a full season.

Hey dude,
I do have 2 questions for you:

-Does your shadow strike score more goals than your main striker???

-what kind of specifications do you think your WM's must have? Speed? Dribbling? Crossing??

Thanks and greetings ;)

glad you like it mate let me know how the full season goes

no usually the advanced forward scores more but the shadow striker scores plenty aswell
as for the wm need to have decent workrate dribbling ad decent finishing and speed not really essential

The most peculiar thing happened on my save:
View attachment 1053008
Let's see how he gets on...

****.. and before that a chelsea boss? 8 million pounds?

That is something I hope football manager improves in the future.. everything seems to be reputation based.. while in reality you see youth trainers moving up, players starting as manager (in the dutch eredivisie the three coaches of the 'big 3' ajax, psv and feyenoord all appointed old major players without any coaching experience) and managers getting appointed because of good results over reputation (as a manager). Not sure how SI could be able to change that though..

Same goes for players I guess?

EDIT: Sorry totally off-topic, will try this tactic tomorrow :)

The manager situation is quite messed up on my save. You have some Footballers such as Clint hill going into management, but they've pretty much all been sacked after one season. You've got Benitez at Arsenal, Guardiola at Chelsea, Klopp at Man city, (Lost in the champions league final to Juventus) The only bright young talent managerial wise in the premier league was Eddie Howe and he was replaced by Karanka. It really is a mad situation and I do agree with you. I would like to see some cohesive managerial decisions based on youth managers progressing to professional managers (similar to Real Madrid and Zidane), but I doubt SI could do this.

View attachment 150413
9 Games unbeaten in the league with an average age squad of 22. Incredible tactic mate since I'm normally restricting the opposition to 1 chance a game.
Edit: Uploaded wrong screenshot.

Last edited:
Results posted in the OP are very impressive. Going to give this a try. Zyndar and CE's version 2 kingdoms been doing it for me but with similar OI's this could be a great tactic to switch with.

Doesn't really get the attention it deserves really. Sitting top in the conference north atm and out of 15 games I've kept 7 clean sheets. The defence is what separates this tactic from the rest imo.

Last edited:
Doesn't really get the attention it deserves really. Sitting top in the conference north atm and out of 15 games I've kept 7 clean sheets. The defence is what separates this tactic from the rest imo.

is it better home or away?

glad to hear it mate every team i try it with it seems to have the same effect