Metz

Reaction score
Tell me, what is wrong with this years FM? I'm still deciding if I should buy it now or wait until more patches come in.

Can anyone confirm the following:

1) Injuries are unrealistic (or is it because the training system has changed and high intensity causes a lot of injuries? And if so, then when would you use high intensity if it is dangerous?)

2) People who complain about high goal-count games. Is this because of defending being broken, bad tactics, or a match bug?

3) Stupid goals and slow GK. Is this true? Or has it been fixed? Remember that FM 15 is a simulation, and the match engine visualizes simulation, so perhaps the goal was bound to happen and the game decided to show the goal that way even though it doesn't seem realistic.

honestly mate, download the demo and see for yourself.

Most answers you'll get will be pure opinion based only of what they think and will give no baring to the actual game. I've seen people giving out saying 8 injuries at a time is unrealistic yet that happens quite often in real football. Liverpool's Daniel Sturridge has hardly kicked a ball all season because of "unrealistically high amount of injuries"

But to answer your questions anyway:
1) No, injuries are now working as they were intended to. SI previously said that the older games tended to let you get away with a lot so your players were built like tanks. Now you're going to see a lot of injuries if you don't look after your players.

2) This was an issue in the BETA but i've seen a huge reduction since the full game came out. Matches are playing out as normal and have a very good feel to them.

3) You're going to get stupid goals in real life too. This is not a FM15 flaw, this is just a part of football. GK is a lot better. THis again was a BETA issue that I've seen fixed at release.

Problems
1) True
2) not anymore
3) GK's are indeed retarded, nothing a patch won't fix

Overall i'm loving the game

1. No injuries are fine, never had more than 4 or 5 myself think over working in training is the culprit in most cases.
2. Fixed on full release.
3. Gk's are still a bit doughy, but have been improved on a lot.

As brendn has already said get the demo & check it out.

2 more questions:

Are strikers scoring more than before? Wingers used to score more than strikers in FM 13 and FM14. Strikers should be the main goalscorers for most formations unless the wingers are super wingers and they are inside forwards.

Also, I read there was an issue with overpowered crossings. Is this true or has it been fixed?

1. A striker has been my leading scorer most years.
2. Personally havent had a problem conceding from crosses a lot but am told it IS an issue & that they are working on it.

Crossing is overpowered still, whether it be to head or feet, but it's not save-breaking bad (So long as you don't encounter somebody like Juan Cuadrado crossing to Costa against you >_>)

Wingers do tend to score more for me, but that has always been the case for me, so not overly worried.

But seriously, get the demo and see for yourself. You'll get different opinions from different people (and many contradictory ones at that). See how the demo is for you, if you're ok with it, buy it. That technically is what it is present for..

1.Regarding injuries, I noticed they tend to happen a lot more to players in a bad shape (fitness). Don't overdo it with players back from injuries, or in pre season.

2.A lot of goals? In some games yes, but nothing out of the ordinary.

3.I play mostly with a mid table team in a 3rd rate league, but goalkeepers are doing OK. So far I have yet to start pulling out my hair because of them.

The only thing i don't like is the tactical screen, but that doesn't influence gameplay at all.

IF you decide to buy the game: Be patient, and don't expect to win every game and every trophy no matter who you play with. This is not FIFA.

The only complaint I have is about the keepers. I play with chelsea and I still have both Cech and Courtois and in powerfull shots they get stuned, they are unable to catch the ball and they just wait for the opposition players to tap it in. I rarely see double or triple saves which you would expect from a world class GK. To sum it up I concede about 5 goals due to buggy GKs per season and I score about 15 per season. I hope SI will fixe that soon cause it's a major drawback.
Other than that I love the game.

What about the issue of have overpowered random newgens?