Pr1cey17

Reaction score

View attachment 323818

Price Unveiled As New Everton Manager

After weeks of speculation Everton Chairman Bill Kenwright has announced that the club has parted ways with David Moyes by mutual consent. Its believed that Moyes' constant criticism of the clubs ambitions and the resources available to him meant that the club and himself could no longer work together as an effective unit. In a shock twist kenwright has turned to a previously unkown figure to take charge..... John Price.

Price is little known amongst the footballing world having only briefly been involved as a semi professional player with Scarborough Athletic before his playing career was cut short at the age of 21. Price is now keen to take the helm at Everton and show the world what his years gaining footballing knowledge across the country have taught him.

It should be an interesting few months at Goodison as Price will look to put his stamp on the squad.

I wont be doing as detailed a story as my Porto save but ill still be posting for big moments, Mid - season, end of season, pre season etc....

Let me know what you all think

View attachment 323831

Pre Season Sees Everton Gel

It was a Pre-season that will have answered a lot of the media's questions about John Price, with his team playing some of the most attractive football the Everton fans have seen in a long while. Everton were involved in 6 friendlies, of which they won 3, lost 2 and drew one. Everton were well amongst the goals during the pre season scoring 11 times and conceding a respectable 7.

DateH/AOppositionW/L/DScoreGoalscorers
15.7.12HEverton ResW4-1Osman(2), Jelavic, Pienaar
21.7.12HBayernL1-2Mirallas
28.7.12ASouthportW4-2Baines, Osman(2), Pienaar
1.8.12HAS EttieneL0-2
4.8.12APrestonD0-0
8.8.12HParmaW2-0Duffy, Mirallas

The Everton team were quick to adapt to the way in which Price wanted them to pay, playing with a 5 man midfield spearheaded by their Giant Belgium midfielder fellaini who has been playing in a more advanced role than he may be used to. This allows the two central midielders to have a bit more freedom in behind the big man to pull the strings whilst sitting in front of the oppositions midfield. The team are playing a far shorter passing game, showing patience when moving the ball forward but occasionally utilising Fellaini as a target man to ensure the opposition are kept on their toes.

View attachment 323832

The pre season has so far only seen the acqusition of 2 players with Rosenborgs Svensson and Celtic's Tony Watt arriving for an initial conbined fee of just 1.3 million, although this will increase with monthly installments and after international appearances. These transfers have been made possible by the sale of veteran defenders Distin and Hibbert for a combined fee of 3.5 million. Its clear already that Price has no problem selling players in order to fund his own signings, he clearly doesnt want to stray from David Moyes shrude spending mentality.

Evertons first test in the league is at home to Villa, with 2 weeks of the transfer window remaining it will be interesting to see whether the new Everton manager will dip into the market again.

Let me know what you think guys, a different test than the challenge i had at Porto

Seem to end up at everton after my first failings in the prem in most saves! Keep it going!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2