ChelseaFan257

Reaction score
Managing Chelsea, now in November of the first season. I play a 4-2-3-1 with wingers and 2 CM's. I'm looking for good young players (preferably English) with potential, but who can join the first team right away, in the following positions:

DL: Considering selling Cole before he gets older; Baines is obviously my first target, but Man City picked him up before I could.
CM: Need someone attacking, to replace Lamps and be first choice ahead of de Bruyne and McEachran when they return from loan next year; I'm currently looking at Toni Kroos, Ever Banega, Marek Hamsik, Andre Ayew and Ivan Rakitic.

Also, should I sell Mikel and Torres in my second season? If yes, should I bring in replacements? I already have Lewandowski and Sturridge as strikers, plus Lukaku's coming back next year. I currently have Ramires and Romeu for defensive-minded midfielders.

Try Dennis Aogo at Left Back, Thiago at Centre Midfield and Edison Cavani as striker?

Isco or Eriksen for an attacking mid. DL Alaba or Willems or Santon. I wouldn't sell Mikel as I think he has some of the best stats in the game, and sell torres if you don't plan to utilize him but he should have plenty left in the tank for that season. If you do sell mikel though, look to bring in Romulo from Spartak Moscow, Tachtsidis from Roma or Sandro from Tottenham.

For some nice english youth at both the positions you are looking at, look at Luke Shaw at Southampton and James Ward-Prose also there. class players.

Well, Torres has been turning up the heat, 15 games with an incredible 12 goals and 10 assists! So I'm holding on to him for sure. Also, I'm working on tactics involving DM's, so I suppose Mikel will stay put, too.

Isco and Eriksen are AMC's, and I'd prefer natural CM's with attacking tendencies, but those are good tips just the same. Thiago could be pricey, but I suppose better him than Kroos, who's getting a lot of game time at Bayern.

As for DL's, I'm not sure, are Santon and Willems good enough to replace Ashley Cole any time soon? My only other real option is Bertrand, or maybe Azpilicueta (who I'm training at DL). Aogo joined Man Utd this season, so he's not really viable, and Alaba might be difficult to snap up from Bayern.

I already have the two Southampton kids on my list.

Cheers for the quick responses, btw. :)

Very easy, get David Alaba or Gareth Bale for your DL. Absolute beast! Also offensive, you will tear defences apart with them on the wingbacks if you can get one of them.

Att Mid - Thats your choice, there is not alot great choices at DL as there is on Midfield, There is so many good midfielders for ya, It is just really who you like.

I'd get Wilshere or Millner through, if you only want english

Well, Torres has been turning up the heat, 15 games with an incredible 12 goals and 10 assists! So I'm holding on to him for sure. Also, I'm working on tactics involving DM's, so I suppose Mikel will stay put, too.

Isco and Eriksen are AMC's, and I'd prefer natural CM's with attacking tendencies, but those are good tips just the same. Thiago could be pricey, but I suppose better him than Kroos, who's getting a lot of game time at Bayern.

As for DL's, I'm not sure, are Santon and Willems good enough to replace Ashley Cole any time soon? My only other real option is Bertrand, or maybe Azpilicueta (who I'm training at DL). Aogo joined Man Utd this season, so he's not really viable, and Alaba might be difficult to snap up from Bayern.

I already have the two Southampton kids on my list.

Cheers for the quick responses, btw. :)

IMO if you give them first team play then both Santon and Willems will develop very quickly, so I would say yes they would be. Here is a screenshot of him on my game in March 3rd season at Man City.

View attachment 282720

My bad giving you AMCs for MC maybe Ilkay Gündogan from Dortmund? could cost a lot (never bought him so can't help there) but has great attacking stats. Tiago is brilliant if you can get him as well always develops into truly world class. Pjanic from Roma, Herrera from Bilbao, I would suggest Denys Garmash from Dinamo but don't know if he will be up to the level you want yet, he turns out quite nice as well though, just got bought by madrid this season on my game. Hope these help!

Edited: I can link a SS of Willems if you want as well and I think it's worth saying that santon hasn't gotten a lot of appearances for city ever as well. made around 20 max since they bought him 1st season.

Last edited:
An attacking (natural) MC can range from top quality buys like Marek Hamsik and Andre Ayew right to youngsters like Leroy Fer, Markus Henriksen and Jordy Clasie.