Liberté, Egalité and.. Football - A French Adventure

Wow, well done Magiboy! it is loking promising so far, but do you think you can get taison permanently next season?

Vkoppel to bad about your bad run, but surely the gap isn't as wide as you make it sound like, go for it!!

looking forward to the next one guuys

You might be right mate, i'll definately try my best! ;)

Ye you can make that gap up no problem!

Go an attack at all your games, goals goals goals XD

good luck, and well done so far ;)

Good luck guys. Vivas will be an absolutely brilliant signing Victor. hope you can both get promotion, although it would be good if you played each other in the play-offs! :)

Good luck guys. Vivas will be an absolutely brilliant signing Victor. hope you can both get promotion, although it would be good if you played each other in the play-offs! :)

Thanks mate. The french tiersystem works a bit different then the English, the top 3 teams of the Ligue 2 will gain promotion to topflight, unfortunately therefore there aint no playoff systen :( So its about grabbing hold of the top3 spots tbh :)

yeah I realised that as soon as I'd posted. good luck getting 3rd. love the layout. I think I might start doing mid season and end of season updates rather than every game. It works well

Thanks mate, glad you like it ;)
Hope you find the right format for your own one ;)

Wow, well done Magiboy! it is loking promising so far, but do you think you can get taison permanently next season?

Taison has been amazing so far, and scoring a lot of goals so it would be great to get him on a permanently contract next season. But i'll wait and see how he will play the last couple of games and consider a bet on him. :)

I think I might start doing mid season and end of season updates rather than every game. It works well

I'm glad you like it. We had a little doubt if we should poste every matches, monthly updates or half season updates. We decided half season updates and we will continue trying to involve as much as possible in each update. :)

I've decided to go down the more fictional writing approach for mine now, only because I enjoy the writing side more. Enjoying your layout a lot though and I look forward to your next update. Keep it up boys

Cool mate :)
I reckon' the end of season update should be ready for tomorrow, if not, then Wednesday :)

Havre, End of Season, 2009-2010.

diallo.jpg

Mamadou Diallo

Blood, Sweat and Tears Results in Promotion
End of Season Update
2009-2010

I write this on the 22th May and it’s only been one day since my boys in light blue secured themselves promotion to topflight on the last day of the tournament. We achieved this through hard work and willpower. And I couldn’t be more proud of my self and team.

On the 1st of January it was obvious to me that we needed a slight makeover in every aspect of our game if we were going to push for promotion and at least consolidate our position in the league. The only thing I had some faith in was our 4-4-2 control but I knew that we needed to tweak the defence because we conceded heavily. Therefore I used half an hour or so to optimize my tactics and formation and I decided to build the team around our two best players; Wilfred Niflore and Leandro Domingues. And my god did they pay back for my trust in their abilities!!!. Niflore bagged an amazing 26 goals overall in the league and his primary feeder was our playmaker Leandro Domingues who assisted 13 and averaged 7.33 in 30 league appearances.
View attachment 64017 & View attachment 64018

We came out flying after the 1st January and we were actually involved in a many highscoring fixtures. We started out with a tough away game vs. our promotion rivals Dijon and this thrilling contest ended in a jaw dropping 4-4 result. This result was followed by 4-0, 3-0 and 2-0 wins aganst Arles Avignon, Tours and Caen, respectively.
These great results showed our rivals and ourselves that we were never to be excluded from the promotion race and we were know back in the game with two foot on the ground. After these games, we drawed Laval 1-1 at home, disappointing. But the difference between the spring and the fall was that we came out even stronger to the next game and secured ourselves a 2-1 victory away vs. the title aspirants Strasbourg.
View attachment 64019

We finished 3rd in the league with 64 points which actually was the same amount as number 4th Stade Brestois who’m we meet in the last game. But after our 1-1 draw against Clermont Foot and Brestois’ disappointing 3-2 loss against Tours in the 37th round of the league I knew that we were going up because of our favour in goal difference. Therefore I fielded a cheeky reserve team against Brestois just to rub some salt in the wound.
View attachment 64020 & View attachment 64024

The board were thrilled with my accomplishments, but it was now surprise that our season stood in the shadows of our biggest rivals Caen’s. They managed to ****** 2 trophy’s, and the board made it clear to me that our primary goal was to do better and achieve more than Caen. We were going to be the best team in the Normandie area. Personally I’m extremely pleased with the fact that we succeeded in achieving promotion, something I actually thought was impossible when we stood in January 8 points of promotion and with low morale all over.

Like mentioned I’m extremely pleased with the performances my players showed me in the last half of the season and especially the likes of Leandro Domingues and Wilfred Niflore has been incredible. This deadly attacking duo has been lethal for most of the season, and without these to magic men I doubt that we would have been anywhere near promotion. The fact that Niflore has scored 38% of our league goals is just astonishing, and if the guy can keep up his form I’m sure we can stay in the top flight.
View attachment 64025

Alexandre Bonnet and the Ivorian newcomer Steve Gohouri has also played a big part in us securing promotion. The French winger has been lethal all year, and I can only wonder how much he could have influenced the team if he had been fit all year. Gohouri was very influential and became a leading figure in the team short after his arrival at Stade Jules Deschaseaux. With his pace and strength he managed to boss everyone in the league, and was probably one of the reasons why we secured promotion. He also chipped in with 2 important goals from corners.
View attachment 64016

I had high hopes for the young French striker Yannis Tafer who I’ve seen turn worldclass several times but he failed to impress and scored 2 goals from 8 starts and 11 sub appearances and he never became an ideal part of the team. Not a fans favourite at all. The youngsters Loic Nestor and Jean-Armel Kana-Biyik were influential parts of the team for the whole season and they showed the world what potential they have, absolutely impressed with these two and I hope they can keep the form in topflight. Players like Ikechukwu Kalu, Badjan and Fadiga never really found there feet in Havre, and I’m planing to offload all of them this summer. They never really settled either so there’s no considerations there.
View attachment 64026

Over all I’m extremely pleased with the fact that we’ve secured ourselves a place in next years top flight football and I’f we survive or not will most likely be up to if I manage to strengthen our team as much as needed in the summer window. Right now I’m looking at legends with expiring contracts such as the argentinian playmaker Juan Roman Riquelme but I might be thinking above me own level?

And just for the sake of mentioning I might as well note that both of our cup runs ended without any triumph as we were knocked out in the beginning rounds of both the National and League cup. Another surprise of the season were the fact that the French giants Olympique Marseille were relegated from Ligue 1 after finishing 18th, shocking. The Brazilian genius Leandro Domingues and the French bomber Wilfred Niflore was crowned Ligue2 transfers of the season.
View attachment 64023

Much more about transfers and preparation for our first season in the topflight in the next update (2010-11 / Pre-season update).

Transfer suggestions, comments, criticism and so on is welcome and muchly appreciated guys ;)
Victor.<)

Last edited:
congratulations mate. A really good achievement considering your position in january. I'd definately be looking to steal some of Marseille players if they went down. Good luck next season

I will be posting my end of season update later today.

congratulations mate. A really good achievement considering your position in january. I'd definately be looking to steal some of Marseille players if they went down. Good luck next season

Thanks mate :) And i will definately try to use your suggestion about the Marseille players.
<)<)<)Valbuena, Ben Arfa, Brandao, Bakari Koné etc.<)<)<)

loving the story guys,Martins looks to be a real threat in a couple of years and Taison has been immense.Godd luck to both of u to secure those top 3 spots

Marseille went down? Um.. I wonder where most of your signings will come from next season. :)

Great work tho, keep it up!