Nisbet

Reaction score
The Holiday Challenge

images

How far can you take a team without actually attending one single game?

“The holiday challenge” involves taking control of any team in the game and seeing how far you can take them without attending one single game.

In the age of communication you can manage your team from a beach in the Bahamas or anywhere else in the world that takes your fancy.

You will be in control as much or as little as you want with the off the park affairs however you will need to be on holiday for every competitive game. You can either holiday friendly games or have you assistant take charge; however you must be on holiday for every competitive game.

How you manage this is entirely up to you. You can play the game as normal but going on holiday for 1 day before each game or you can go on holiday for a whole season, or anything in between.

My personal preference would be to stay in control throughout pre-season so you can reshape your squad/back room staff to your liking and set your tactics/training then go on holiday till around the end of Dec (depending what league you play), and tick use current match tactics and use current team selection when possible. This will allow you to come back just in time to re-juggle your squad (get rid of dead wood, bring in new players, extend contracts, sign bosmans ect). Then go on holiday till a couple of games before the end of the season so you can get then exciting end of season run in being on holiday one game at a time.

As stated this challenge can be done with any club in the game so you can make the challenge as difficult or as easy as you like.

When you go on long term holiday you also have the option to apply for other jobs so you can either try to do well with one team or start small and try and get a big job eventually (ticking return from holiday when offered a job). Be warned though, your board might not take kindly to you constantly putting yourself forward for other jobs.

By playing the game this way you will be able to get through seasons at an incredible speed and enjoying in my opinion the best parts of the game.

Tips

Sort out your back room staff (especially Assistant Manager).
Make sure your best 11 players are picked before going on holiday.
Sort out you staff responsibilities.

Rules

You must be on holiday for every competitive game.
You can only save the game twice in a season.
No genie scout or data editor to be used.

If you’d like to take on the Holiday Challenge post what team you are going to be if any (you could start unemployed) and past experience. Please post any relevant screen shots. This Challenge can run along side another challenge by applying these rules to it.

Enjoy your Holiday

images

Last edited:
Im gonna give this a shot now! Will be playing as Norwich

Also, What Screenshots do you want?
And gonna do like a leaderboard style thing?

Also, What Screenshots do you want?
And gonna do like a leaderboard style thing?

Minimum of final league table, but also any other relevant information or achievements that you want to post.

I think that the best way to do a leaderboard would be the manager points gained, as that takes into consideration the club that you are.

images
Just done pre-season before the first BSP campaign and brought in some new decent players for the standard of the league.

Andy van der Meyde in my new assistant manager.

Sticking with the 4-4-2 formation.

Going on holiday until 27th Dec 2015. Think I'll take in some sights around Europe.

I'll update when I return from my trip.

images
Returned from my holiday at the end of Dec 2015 to find the club in a not very impressive 18 (although 3 places above the relegation zone & the media prediction of 21st place.

Quickly freed up some wages by shifting out some under performers and have brought in what I consider some real classy defenders for the league. I think my Dutch Assistant had some help with this.

View attachment 299595 View attachment 299596

Ali Ouchrif is straight away my most expensive player (twice the value of any other). Defo captain next season. Hopefully these two can keep me up this season. (Both on 5 year contracts)

images

After a stronger second half to the season I finished in a comfortable 13th position.

View attachment 299695

Hopefully with a few tweaks can push for promotion next season.

Ps loving how fast that you get get through a season playing this way!

Going to give this a go tomorrow night. Dont know who to go. This'll give my computer something to do over night.