Life after Grant Holt, Shrewsbury to the prem!

westham234

Reaction score
Bobby Drew appointed Shrewsbury Town Manager.

So I've been wanting to make a story for quite a while, but it has been hard due to i am in year 11 and doing my GCSE's. I have made time though now, to play fm :D

I have decided on being Shrewsbury Town, and attempting to get them out of League Two, and on there way up. I will try to update when im not busy, but i will stick with this story!

After getting a budget of 150k, i was told by my assistant that i needed an AMR.

My main man is Dave Hibbert, who has good stats for a striker at this level.

I swooped for Daniel Jones from Wolves on a loan deal, and then signed the AMR, which was Ian Flannigan, a reasonably young scot. My scout told me he was 'a must buy'.

I then sealed loan deals for Daniel Pacheco from Liverpool, and Davide Petrucci. from the red devils.

Here are a few screenshots:

I will update pre-season in my next post :D

Good luck, Flannigan is a class free kick taker, he'll score you quite a bit from them.

Pre-Season results are up:

Mixed bag of results, scraping past Kettering, to Fulham reserves getting a last gasp goal, and getting absolutely whacked by Sheffield United.

First match of the season is Carling up? :S

How much was Flannigan mate? I could do with a free kick taker,good luck btw,i like shrewsbury,dunno why though :S

How much was Flannigan mate? I could do with a free kick taker,good luck btw,i like shrewsbury,dunno why though :S

I think I overpaid for him, but i got him for 85k, his original value i think was 35k. And cheers mate, Shrewsbury was a random pick!

August Results

MIXED MONTH FOR SHREWSBURY

Brentford 3-0 Shrewsbury - Carling Cup

Just a very poor performance, marked by Dave Hibbert getting injured.

Rochdale 1-0 Shrewsbury - League Two

How we did not get something from this game i will not know, Pacheco had endless chances, and Bright smashed the post, sore defeat!

Shrewsbury 3-0 Bury - League Two

Great result, with all my new loan signings scoring! Silly red card, which could come undone in the next game as i have no other right back :(

Macclesfield 1-2 Shrewsbury - League Two

Coming back from behind in a great win for the team, Flannigan showed his free kick class as he stroked a beauty in the 47th minute, then an own goal infront of our own fans. 2 unbeaten! :D

Shrewsbury 2-2 Barnet - League Two

Poor result in a game we should have won, pensioner Gary Breen scored for Barnet to give them a shock 2-1 lead, but an equaliser by Pacheco leveled the game.

Accrington 1-1 Shrewsbury - League Two

An even game where a draw was probably the fair result. After taking the lead I thought we were going to do it, but Accringtons pressure told.

We finished this month in 6th place, just in the playoffs, although most teams have played a game less than me.

Player of the month
: Daniel Jones

SEPTEMBER RESULTS

Poor month!

Shrewsbury 1-6 Notts County - JPT 1st round

Terrible performance by the team.

Shrewsbury 2-0 Torquay United - League Two

Good win for the boys after the horrendous previous result!

Shrewsbury 2-1 Cheltenham Town - League Two

Another good result against a strong Cheltenham side, marked by an injury to Flannigan :S

Hereford 1-0 Shrewsbury

First match without Flannigan, and it showed as we hardly created anything, poor result against a nameless Hereford side in our derby.

Chesterfield 3-2 Shrewsbury

Take a bow Jack Lester! The 33 year old ripped me too shreds as he scored a hat trick against my side, Hibbert responded with half hour left in which we dominated, but couldn't build on Hibberts goal.

Shrewsbury 3-6 Bournemouth

Unbelievable match, in which we went 2-1 up in, I went for it at 3-3 in hope we could win so I put 3 upfront, it backfired.. very badly as we let in another three!

Shrewsbury 0-1 Morecambe

High flying Morecambe came to the Prostar Stadium and suprisingly dominated in the first half, but failed to score. I then shoved on Pacheco in the second half, and was proving to be good, but then Morecambe scored..

Finished the month in 13th place

Player of the Month: - Davide Petrucci