Reaction score
This is my first attempt at a FM story but here goes, any advice would be much appreciated.

View attachment 466006

Life After Moyes

So with David Moyes leaving to take up Sir Alex?s role at United, Everton made to surprise decision to appoint unknown theroastedpenguin as their new manager. The decision by the chairmen came after theroastedpenguin said he has to ability to transform Everton into a league winning team and can lead them to European glory within five years.

Last edited:
Squad Depth

The starting eleven are looking fairly strong and I will probably keep most of these, but with an aging defence who are all on very large wages, this is probably where I will look to invest in the transfer market.

View attachment 434443

Key Three
Leighton Baines - LB
View attachment 434442
It is crucial we don?t lose him in the transfer market and already Tottenham are interested.

Kevin Mirallas ? AMR
View attachment 434441
Another important attacking player but I may let him go if a good enough offer comes in

Romelu Lukaku ? ST
View attachment 434440
My main attacking player, on loan from Chelsea. I would love to make him a permanent transfer but I?m not very hopeful.

I also have Ross Barkley who will be playing in the attacking midfield role and with four and half star potential will definitely be my key player in a few years. Also Ryan Ledson is the under 18 squad has great potential and I will be keeping an eye on him.

View attachment 467625

Preseason & Transfers

I decided my goal for the season was to qualify for European football. This gave me a budget of around 10million and from getting rid of Naismith and other high earners such as Hibbert and Distin and terminating Barry?s loan, I was able to bring in a lot of young new faces.
The biggest dent in the budget was 7 million spent on Brazilian wonderkid Doria from Botafogo.

View attachment 434027

He will hopefully be pushing Heitingha and Jagielka for a starting place this season and will be a star player in a couple of years.
Another key signing was Tom Ince from Blackpool for 3million. I really want to keep the core of my team from the home nations and Ince was perfect cover on the flanks and has lots of potential.

View attachment 434026

The rest of my budget went on another youngster, defensive midfielder Lucas Romero and many other young players who will all be loaned out for a few seasons to see how they develop.

View attachment 434025

Preseason

View attachment 434024

It was a very up and down preseason due to scoring plenty of goals but worrying conceding quite a few against below par teams. Also Osman picked up an injury which will keep him out for 3 months so Romero will probably be thrown into the first team sooner than I hoped. The highlight was defiantly the performance against Barcelona (albeit their second team) who only just won the game with a late goal.

Player of Preseason ? Nikica Jelavic (3 goals, 1 assist)

I hope you can bag a few goals with Jelavic. He has always been rubbish in my last couple of Everton saves.

I couldn't hold on to Lukaku for season 2 so you should really look at getting another striker in January to blood him into the squad.

Also, I found that Barkley chipped in with quite a few goals. I often played him as an AMC second striker role. His finishing isn't great, but he gets into the box often enough.

Looking forward to how this season turns out.

So August started fairly well with a good draw in my first derby, and then two good wins with a surprise hatrick by Alcaraz in the Capital One Cup. The downside was the disappointing loss against Stoke to finish the month in a game we should have won, creating plenty of chances just not scoring.

August Player of the Month - Darron Gibson (2 goals)

Tom Ince ran him close also grabbing to goals and making a great start to his Everton career.

A poor start against Cardiff, in which they managed to come back from two goals down when we looked to be controlling the game comfortably. Then two good away wins, one in Capital One Cup against a young Tottenham side and then a strong attacking performance to finish against West Brom but again I still seem to be conceding too many goals which is something I will be trying to address.

The new signings for the first team are starting to settle in and perform well. Doria is starting most games in the middle of defence and Ince is looking dangerous and creating chances whenever he plays.

September Player of the Month ? Nikica Jelavic (3 goals)

Again Nikica Jelavic is causing problems for teams up front and most importantly scoring goals, so much that he is keeping Lukaku out of the starting team.

League Table

View attachment 430419

We are sitting quite nicely in fourth at the moment. Arsenal and Chelsea are opening up a gap at the top but the competition for the Champion?s League spaces is still very close. City and United seem to be underperforming but I?m sure they will turn in around.

I hope you can bag a few goals with Jelavic. He has always been rubbish in my last couple of Everton saves.

I couldn't hold on to Lukaku for season 2 so you should really look at getting another striker in January to blood him into the squad.

Also, I found that Barkley chipped in with quite a few goals. I often played him as an AMC second striker role. His finishing isn't great, but he gets into the box often enough.

Looking forward to how this season turns out.

Jelavic is playing really well so far on mine but i don't want to curse it. I'm not very hopeful of keeping Lukaku but will be looking to bring someone in of a similar style.

Jelavic is playing really well so far on mine but i don't want to curse it. I'm not very hopeful of keeping Lukaku but will be looking to bring someone in of a similar style.

I'm glad to hear it. How do you play him? I used him as a Poacher and he got fairly good support from Baines and Mirallas as far as delivery. Just really random form.

Also, I kept a hold of Barry and he put in some brilliant performances. But I think I probably should have cancelled him to free up some funds too. He didn't add enough value for what the contract had him earning.