Reaction score
Wenger Walks

View attachment 309325

Arsene Wenger today has walked away from Arsenal Football Club. Wenger made himself the most successful manager in the entire history of the club and many fans are sad to see him go, where as many felt there was a changed needed.

Wenger released a statement saying, "Today is a very sad day for me, not just because I am leaving a club I have managed for so many years but because I am leaving behind some great friends and terrific fans. I have fallen in love with Arsenal Football Club and will always remember my time here, who could forget it? I hope the next manager will improve on what I have built and hopefully he can bring more success to this fantastic football club."

People have different ideas on who will become the next manager with names like David Moyes, Jose Mourinho, Jurgen Klopp and Diego Simeone all coming up, however Arsenal are likely to take there time on announcing their new head coach.

Dodds Hired!

View attachment 309328

Arsenal have announced their new manager, Steven Dodds. Now you may be wondering who this is, like many others no one has ever heard of him. It comes as a massive shock to everyone as many expected a high profile manager would take over the reigns of the club. Stan Kroenke announced the news just days after club legend Arsene Wenger walked, which was also a surprise as everyone was expecting the club to take there time.

We did a background check on Dodds, He is from Scotland and is a boyhood Arsenal fan, strange, he played Semi-Professional football with various clubs and for the past 5 years has been working as a coach with various teams gaining some experience for his big break, which has comes today as a massive break.

Formations

View attachment 309348View attachment 309349
Primary Backup

Before I started the save I had a couple of test games on a different save to see how they work, I was happy with the results so I am sticking with them. The 2 formations are very similar but I like to have 2 formations in case a bad injury strikes and I need to shift around. As you can see I will try to play fast free flowing football, which is the way I like all of my teams to play, Arsenal are a perfect team for it as they already have good passers of the ball in there team and also have great pace throughout the team.

Transfers

View attachment 309354View attachment 309355

Yann M'Villa

A defensive midfield was always needed and M'Villa seemed like the perfect candidate as his preferred role is Anchor Man which is what I will be playing in both of my formations, he is also relatively young and will still improve. Another plus is that I snatched him from under the nose of Spurs who also had a bid accepted for him.

Nacho Monreal

Just like a defensive Midfielder, a Left Back was also needed, Leighton Baines was my first choice but before I could even put a bid in for him Man United had already snapped him up, Nacho Monreal is also a very good Left Back and for £10,000,000 less than what Man United paid for Baines, I am quite relieved they got to him before me.

Overview

View attachment 309357

This is before the first game of the Premier League so there will be other youngsters going out on loan and there may still be another addition to the squad.

Good start, should have just used the new update to get Monreal though. Only problem is you wouldn't have been able to get M'vila until January atleast due to his release clause.

August

View attachment 309679

Champions League Draw

Arsenal
Braga
Udinese
Dortmund

All in all I am happy with the group draw, it could have been easier yes but it also could have been a lot worse. We should come out of the group, even if we end up finishing 2nd I will be happy with that just as long as we qualify for the last 16.

View attachment 309680

Capital One Cup Draw

Watford vs Arsenal

This competition I am not too fussed about, I see it as an oppertunity to rotate players and give the first teamers a rest, of course I will still be looking for performances and I fully expect to go through from this round after the draw we got given.

Friendlies

Arsenal 1-0 San Jose
Arsenal 3-2 Vitesse
Shenhua 1-2 Arsenal
Changchun 1-2 Arsenal
Hartlepool 0-1 Arsenal
Alcorcon 2-0 Arsenal

View attachment 309682
Premier League

Arsenal 3-0 Reading
Cazorla 42, 74, Giroud 77
MOTM: Cazorla

West Brom 1-2 Arsenal
Giroud 71, Arshavin 90+3

Monthly Overview:
Overall a very good start to the season. Couldn't have made a better start to the Premier League, 2 wins out of 2 and got a crucial early away win. The scorelines didn't match the performances of both games with us dominating them, missing some glorious chances.

Reading: As it was the first game of the season we needed to get off to a good start and we did that easily. As I said in the overview a 3-0 scoreline didn't give justice to the performance, from the word go we were pressurising the Reading goal with Walcott squandering an opportunity in the first minute. We had other chances with Giroud hitting the bar and Monreal having a goal disallowed, but it was Cazorla who got us up and running with a tap in from close range after some good work from Monreal on the left.

West Brom: This was a slightly harder task but one we fully deserved the 3 points out of. Yet again most of our dangerous attacks came through Monreal on the left hand side and it was he who crossed the ball for Giroud to open the scoring, but straight away West Brom came on the attack and found an equalizer. I knew something had to be done and with Podolski still recovering from an injury the only person who could come on was Arshavin and he proved to be a hero, kin the last minute of added time Walcott put a low cross into the back post and Arshavin was all by himself to tap the ball into an open net.

Player of the Month: Nacho Monreal
View attachment 309697

Monreal has had a terrific start to his Arsenal career, making 2 assists and making some good defensive tackles. He has been excellent down the left hand side so far and hopefully he can keep this form up all season.

League Table
View attachment 309699