vnG

Reaction score
Hi guys!

First of all, thanks for all the brilliant tactics, from the authors and advice from the users in general - best forums users in the world.

Every football manager version, I take on a Conference S/N team, in order to get them to PRL and eventually CHL. Its something that I normally use many seasons on, but it always works out. This time... its different, I simply cant get LLM to work.

There is a ton of good tactics, but I have tested 5-6 of the best and they seem to suit top level teams only. I would really need any suggenstions on a SOLID tactic for LLM teams.

I need any tips, tricks, ideas, tactics or other small things for LLM clubs, thanks! :D

Well with LLM teams the players are obviously of much lower quality. Most are really poor technique wise so its best to concentrate on physically (and possibly mentally) gifted players. An extremely fast striker with poor finishing can still grab a lot of goals in LLM. In terms of a tactic, my advice would be to keep it to a simple, disciplined, more direct style of play which leans more on the players physical ability.

Then as you move up in division, and gain more technically gifted players you can move towards a more "easy in the eye" such as the vast majority of the great tactics here on the forum. :)

Thanks alot Donnelly1 :) I think you are right regarding the tactics in here, that mostly lean on having good players that can perform things in high speed. I've started using a more defendsive setup, mainly focused on closing the opponents down and scoring on the counter or corners.

Try Callamitys 4141 for weaker teams. That would certainly be where i would start when managing an LLM team

On previous FM's also, a tactic of hoofing the ball onto an exceptionally fast striker worked incredible until around league 1/championship when the more technically and mentally gifted players appear

have you tried sir goal alot tactic. i havent tried it in a lower league but it works incredibly. high preessure football, winning the ball quickly and hitting teams on the counter. if i were u i would give it a go. good luck ;)

442 Simple Setup:-

GK - Goalkeeper Defend
DR - Full Back Attack
DL - Full Back Attack
DCR - Central Defender Defend
DCL - Central Defender Cover
MR - Wide Midfielder Attack
ML - Wide Midfielder Attack
MCR - Deep Lying Playmaker
MCL - Ball Winning Midfielder Defend
STR - Advanced Forward Attack
STL - Poacher Attack

Attacking - Structured (Shouts: Retain Possession, Exploit Flanks and Lower Tempo [or] More Direct, Look for OVerlap and Higher Tempo)

Simple but effective... Also you move the Wide Midfielders into the AMRL role as Inside Forwards for a bit more bite up the field... this has served me well with Cheadle Town currently in the Sky Bet League 2 after back to back to back promotions through the lower leagues (lower english league db)

Currently using v0lliz 4-3-3 with LeoMessi tweak and its working perfectly

View attachment 279408

Its HIGHLY important that the tactics are fully fluid in FM2015 with LLM teams as they simply cant manage otherwise. Its a **** lottery untill the tactic is on their backbone. So I used a lot of friendlies and energy on training tactics prior to the startup.

I'm also looking for a lower league tactic. Will try some

Last edited:
I got Weadstone promoted using a 4-5-1, took over at AFC WIMBLEDON midway through the season they were 13th.

Changed the tactics to sir-goal-alot and just won the league with a 12 game unbeaten run and a fa trophy double.

Going into league 2 now so will see how it works in there. Getting alot of goals from my cm's right now :)

Tried the SirGoalalot also, but I tended to get ALOT of draws suddenly, with no reason what so ever.

Yeah I seem to batter teams at home with it but draw tons of away games.

So looking into a new away system or a slight mod to it. What really doesnt help my save is the high turnover of players I have in the lower leagues due to wage issues and funding so the team hasnt been very settled