sirvalkyerie

Reaction score
Paksi_SE-logo-BFAB04C982-seeklogo.com.gif

Paksi Sportegyesület
More commonly known as Paksi SE is a football team that plays in the Top Division of Hungarian Football. It plays it's home games in front of a maximum crowd of 4,000 supporters at Stadion PSE in Paks, Tolna County, Hungary home to the nations only nuclear powerplant which supplies 40% of the nations electricity. Promoted to the Division I in 2006 Paksi SE has struggled to stay there barely staving of relegation year after year. Finally after another near relegation year the board fired manager Imre Gellei in favor of the teams U19 Manager, American James Wright. Wright was more than happy to take the position but with a transfer budget of $47,000 and a Wage Budget of $19,250 with $19,080 already used the mission to bring Paksi to the top seems a daunting one.

(Yea so I got bored and decided it's been a good amount of months so I oughta come back with another story for you guys. I've already tackled Bhutan, Slovakia, and Hong Kong and this time it was down to either Singapore or Hungary and Hungary won out. Who knows, maybe I'll win the Champions League ^_^ but this seems like it might be my hardest challenge sine Bhutan in the WC)

Thanks mate I might need it

---------- Post added at 05:50 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:51 PM ----------

(So my laptop is disliking the idea of me trying to take screenshots. I click print screen and instead of giving me a shot of the game I get a shot of my desktop o_O)

Shaking things up
June 19th, 2009

Only a mere 3 days into his tenure as Paksi SE manager and already James Wright is bringing in new players by the handfull, literally. Apparently taking a large focus on bringing in older proven talent even though they may be on the downslide of their careers. Many believe that Wright had several offers lined up already once he found out he was offered the position and it was a matter of clinching them now that he officially had the job. The emphasis also seems to lie on the attack. All signings were free transfers save 1 and the move only cost $300.

Signings:
Yaw Preko - 35 (Ghana - AMC/ST - 68 Caps 0 Goals) Free Transfer - Last Team Gia Lai in Vietnam in 2007
Dourandi - 26 (Cameron - ST - 4 youth caps 0 Goals) Free Transfer - Last Team Ujpest in Hungary
Cornelius Huggins 35 (St. Vincent and the Grenadines - SW/DC - 133 Caps 0 Goals) Free Transfer - Last Team Kedah in Malaysia
Valber - 42 (Brazil - DC/DM/MC - 12 Caps 0 Goals) $300 from America (Rj)
Hussam Fawzi - 34 (Iraq - ST - 42 Caps 19 Goals) Free Transfer - Last Played Domestically for Al'Zawra'a in Iraq in 2003

The fans seem most readily excited at the propsect of the 42 year old ex Brazillian starlet who has said he's certainly ready to strut his stuff.

More money made available
June 20th, 2009

Upon the delight of the fans in signing Valber and other former Internationals the board has decided to grant the club $6,000 more per week for the wage budget in order to bring in more quality talent. Chairman Janos Suli was asked if it bothered him that so many players were foreign, his response was, "Only 5 non-EU players can be in the match squad come match day. There will be Hungarian talent on the pitch. I want this team to be succesful and have the ability to bring in neccessary talent to do so, even if $6,000 more a week was a stretch of the bank. I don't care if they play football in Antarctica so long as they help us."

I was a follower of your Bhutan story and I will definetely follow this, best of luck.

Thanks mate, glad to hear it. I love hearin' people actually read my Bhutan story I had alot of fun doin that one. This one promises to be just as fun I bet

Getting Rid of the Old and Bringing in the New
July 1st, 2009

The latest move sees Paksi SE manager sell long time 33 year old GK Norbert Csernyanszki to Austrian Bundesliga squad SC Wiener Neustadt for $130,000. Later in the the day it was announced a move was made to bring in 22 year old Brazillian keeper Andre Zuba on free transfer who last played for Palmerias. The fans are delighted at the chance of seeing a youthful Brazillian Top Flite propsect in a Paksi kit. On an interesting side note GK Andre Zuba in known to have a wonderful Free Kick Taking and Penalty taking ability, whether that will be utilized here with his new club is yet to be seen.

---------- Post added at 08:06 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 04:50 AM ----------

Tune Up Game Far Away From Home
July 10th, 2009

Paksi SE is traveling far away from Paks, Hungary to Phattalung, Thailand to play Phattalung FC. Manager James Wright felt it appropriate to take such a long journey together to help foster a sense of team unity with all the new signings. When asked why Thailand his response was so that the team could face some easier competition on a long journey to help build confidence and unity. Seems like a smart enough plan but just 13 days away from the league start some are questioning the move.

Getting off on the Right Foot
July 10th, 2009

The first match, competitive or otherwise, under Manager James Wright ends in a 2-0 victory for Paksi SE against Thai side Phattalung FC. The first half was a bit of a feeling out process and after 45 minutes the score was level at 0-0. Striker Hussam Fawzi was pulled in favor of Barnabi Vari and in the 48th Cameroonian Striker Dourandi scored the first goal. Right midfielder Yaw Preko added another after 56 minutes and almost scored again if it weren't fort he post in the 87th. Wright said he enjoyed the run out and couldn't wait to get home for their next game against Pakistani side A.B.L. at home in two days.

Last edited:
Love it, with your screenshots try setting take screenshot to something like s or x, thats how i got mien working, definitely following this

FULL ROSTER AS OF JULY 13th, 2009
PaksiSE-2.png

STARTING XI AS OF JULY 13th, 2009
PaksiSE.png

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

Love it, with your screenshots try setting take screenshot to something like s or x, thats how i got mien working, definitely following this
^ Life Saver :)

---------- Post added at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 01:47 PM ----------

Only Friendlies but...
July 13th, 2009

The recent 3-0 victory over Pakistani side A.B.L. may have only been a friendly but it was a well taken win with a good performance put in by Paksi. Valber scored in the 34th with a long range effort and Dourandi doubled the tally by sticking one in while running to the right of the goal, just outside the penalty area. Valber then doubled his own tally by placing one away from just a few yard out. The squad was the same one that played against Phattalung with the exception of Hussam Fawzi who missed with a twisted ankle although Wright insists he'll be ready for the season opener.

An interesting side note, Wright announced his Captain and Vice-Captain after the game naming Valber the teams Captain and Hussam Fawzi the V-C leading some in the teams support questioning why he would pick two foreigners and two very ne members of the club to lead them this season.

Last edited:
Are you aiming for Uefa Cup or CL?
This year? Uefa Cup, but even that's a stretch...honestly not getting relegated is a reward on its own. Champions League is the ultimate goal though.

---------- Post added at 01:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

Hoping Good Things Come in Small Packages
July 18th, 2009

Manager James Wright announced what he says will be Paksi SE's last signing in the foreseeable future or for at least this window. Hamza Mohammed is the latest edition to the Midfield for the Hungarian side and standing at only 5'3" he's out to prove size doesn't matter. At only 28 he has made 40 appearances and 7 goals for the Ghanaian National Team and hopes to make his impact felt in Paks.

Signings:
Hamza Mohammed - 28 (Ghana - DRLC, WB R, DM, MRLC, 40 Caps 7 Goals) Free Transfer - Last Team Ceahlaul in Romania

---------- Post added at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

Hungarian League Cup Groups Announced
July 21st, 2009

For those that do not know, the Hungarian League Cup splits the competing clubs into two groups, Group A and Group B. The top two teams in each group move on and play in a semi-final then eventually the Final. Paksi SE finds themselves in Group A this year with ZTE, Gyor, Papa, Kapsovar, and Fehervar. Paksi opens Cup play tomorrow against Ferhervar at home.

Division 1 Predictions
July 21st, 2009

1. Debrecen
2. Ujpest FC
3. Fehervar
4. ZTE Football Club
5. Gyori ETO FC
6. MTK Budapest FC
7. Haladas FC
8. Kesckemeti TE
9. Kaposvari Rakoczi FC
10. Budapest Honved FC
11. Nyiregyhaza Spartacus FC
12. Ferencvarosi Torna Club
13. Budapesti Vasas SC
14. Paksi SE
15. Diosygori VTK
16. Papa FC

(Bottom 2 teams Relegated. League Winner qualifies for European Champions League. 2-4 qualify for UEFA Cup depending on winner of Hungarian Cup.)

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 02:09 AM ----------

Close Only Counts in Horseshoes and Hand Grenades
July 22nd, 2009

Paksi SE put in a great performance that nearly saw them run out winners against League Giants Ferhervar. Substitute striker Barnabas Vari finally broke the nil-nil draw in the 72nd with a strike to jolt Paksi ahead 1-0. It wouldn't be long before Robert Varga tucked one away for Ferhervar in the very next minute but Paksi would hold the draw and run out with 1 point in the group. Overall Paksi did a successful job of containing Ferhervar and most of the action took place at the middle of the pitch with neither team keeping possession for long as the other's defense proved stifling. Paksi made out with 55% of the possession for the game and it proved well enough. A rather pleasent start for the American Manager and he will hope to do more of the same in just three days at MTK for the Division I kickoff

Paksi SE 1-1 Ferhervar
Barnabas Vari (72')
Robert Varga (73')