phil_1712

Reaction score
Does anyone have any tactics similar to the football Germany played in the world cup or the dutch in euro '08?

i seen this video on youtube [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx9uJ26nkr4"]YouTube - FM 2010 Teamwork Goal Edin Dzeko[/ame] , so it is possible, and imo looks the best style of football, but i have no idea how to implement these tactics into my game.

Any ideas??

I've wanted my players to pass it when 1v1 so many times, but they end up shooting (when I know they aren't going to score) and missing :(

I've wanted my players to pass it when 1v1 so many times, but they end up shooting (when I know they aren't going to score) and missing :(

The only way i can think to counter that would be to try and mould the player to pass rather than shoot

Does anyone have any tactics similar to the football Germany played in the world cup or the dutch in euro '08?

so it is possible, and imo looks the best style of football, but i have no idea how to implement these tactics into my game.

Any ideas??

Yes it is possible.

Ravenie you are just too helpful.... :S

I think there is some tactic by JPWoody that is based on germany's world cup tactics, this might be what you're looking for but i havent tried it myself

again ravenie - how is this helpful?

keep spamming/pointless posting and you will get infracted

It is a lightning fast tactic? In which you can counter the team like Germany/Netherlands? Just offering the boy advice.

It is a lightning fast tactic? In which you can counter the team like Germany/Netherlands? Just offering the boy advice.

the link sends you to a screenshot of Kramaric...

I tried the tactic from JPWoody but i didnt see the kind of counter play that they played unfortunately :(

my teams play like that occasionally.

Your best bet is to create your own tactic. No time wasting, fast tempo, direct passing. However your focal point player of your counter needs to have higher time wasting than the others, or else he will "waste no time" shooting instead of making that final pass as seen in the video.

Your best bet is to create your own tactic. No time wasting, fast tempo, direct passing. However your focal point player of your counter needs to have higher time wasting than the others, or else he will "waste no time" shooting instead of making that final pass as seen in the video.
So you have a striker to have high time wasting so he can pass to the other striker 1v1 when you have 2 striker for example?

i tried to do this, set one striker to 'waste more time' but there doesnt seem to be an option for this... :S

a Screenshot of what you mean would be most helpful :D

i tried to do this, set one striker to 'waste more time' but there doesnt seem to be an option for this... :S

a Screenshot of what you mean would be most helpful :D
Isn't it there when you click on a player and go to advanced and theres a slider with time wasting?

It must have been on FM09. Check the Switch to Classic mode, and see if it's on there.

You could try playing around with the creative freedom slider as well. I believe more creative freedom will make it more likely that he will pass (also depends on your player).