For a player to pass in that sort of situation, he needs good teamwork and decision stats. So he is not selfish in that sort of situation and to make sure he makes the right desicions..

Also asking a striker to look for a pass rather than shoot is a really bad idea.. 1. He will probably just reject it straight away 2. If he does learn it, he will looking for passes all the time and probably have the ball taken off him most of the time.

Last edited:
I've wanted my players to pass it when 1v1 so many times, but they end up shooting (when I know they aren't going to score) and missing :(

i dont think this can be changed through any tactics, the ppm look for the pass and high decision and teamwork attributes should help you with this one problem.

yea, what mally said, didnt read the whole thread (A)

I've seen a similar solution from my striker a couple of times. I usually play at the highest tempo possible and often on the counter. I have this great regen who I have been playing as trequartista (screenshot) who can dribble past people like they're telephone posts and then pass it to one of my pacey wingers. Happened quite a few times but the team had played together for a couple of seasons with the same tactic.

I've seen a similar solution from my striker a couple of times. I usually play at the highest tempo possible and often on the counter. I have this great regen who I have been playing as trequartista (screenshot) who can dribble past people like they're telephone posts and then pass it to one of my pacey wingers. Happened quite a few times but the team had played together for a couple of seasons with the same tactic.
thats strange considering his decisions and dribbling arent amazingly high

what skin is that?

I think his pace, agility and determination make up for it. Plus he is good with both feet although he tends to shoot more with his left. The skin is blue.