Likelihood Of Keeping Job After Relegation?

ekul785

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I left my previous team after being offered a job at Hellas Verona. When I took over they were 2nd from bottom and had 9 games left.

It's still possible for me to keep them up, but I've got 4 very tough fixtures remaining so it's not looking likely.

I'm really enjoying managing them, and would be really disappointed (from an enjoyment point of view) if I get sacked after relegation.

Is it more or less guaranteed that I'll get sacked upon relegation, or is there the chance that they'll let me try and bring them back up next season?

for anyone that's curious, I did keep my job. However because of the relegation the board are keeping a close eye on my management before making a decision on my future.

Hoping to bring them straight back up at the first time of asking :)

I think it depends on the expectations, if they were expecting you to keep them up then there is a good chance you will get fired (luckily in this case you didn't)

I managed Bournemouth from the start of the season and I got relegated - they let me keep my job and gave me loads of money to spend n the championship! But they were expecting to go down so not like they could blame me :)

I think you'll keep your job even if relegated because you've been just appointed

I think it depends on the expectations, if they were expecting you to keep them up then there is a good chance you will get fired (luckily in this case you didn't)

I managed Bournemouth from the start of the season and I got relegated - they let me keep my job and gave me loads of money to spend n the championship! But they were expecting to go down so not like they could blame me :)

Did you manage to bring them back up the following season?