CiaranSafc

Reaction score

Today we have a shock report coming from Lille in France, now those of you who dont follow French football will maybe not have herd of Lille but they are a french team who are on the rise in both European football and at home. The now ex manager Rudi Garcia has left we believe after having arguments with the board over the lack of money to spent to strengthen his squad. Surprisingly this isn't the first time the manager has left in 2009 the manager had left and was reinstated all within a two week period. Now this wont come as much of a shock to some people given the history but what has become a shock is how a seemingly unknown and unproven manager has been appointed. New Man Ciaran Race is unknown to near enough everyone in football, and heres what happened when we caught up with him earlier:

Reporter : So Ciaran, is it ok if i call you Ciaran? Can you tell us just how youve managed to secure this job?

Ciaran :Yeah not a problem, Well i seen in the news that the manager had been sacked and because off the lack of money and the past with the manager that Lille were going to find it hard to find a new manager so i thought to myself lets try and get this job and yano blag my way into the interview. so i sent them my C.V with some not soo true credentials on it and it was about maybe two weeks before they got back to me saying that i was chosen for an interview, so in the interview i went in prepared. I showed them my trainging schemes id thought up, my possible targets, my tactics and a three year plan that i had for the club. they were suprised that i was so well prepared and basically offered me the contract there and then. I signed immeditaly before they realised what they were doing.

Reporter : well thats some story and congratulations, so what is your 3 year plan?

Ciaran : well in my first year i want to secure a top 4 finish and impliment our place amongst the french elite. with a top 4 finsih we will qualify for the champions league, so my second season i want to finish top 2 and get as far as i can in the champions league and by the third season we will be winners and shall be a well structured top french team and get into the finals of the champions league

Reporter : now lets have a quick look at Lille and what Race is working with, kindly hes also gave us some input into his new squad.

Lille has an intense rivalry with the neighboring club of Lens; the two compete in the Derby du Nord. For many years, Lens dominated its rival. However, since their return to the French Ligue 1 in 2000, after three seasons in Ligue 2, Lille's results have generally bettered those of their local rivals, with three Champions League participations in 2002, 2005 and 2006 and a victory in the Intertoto Cup in 2004. In the 2004/05 Ligue 1 campaign, Lille stunned many by finishing an excellent second place in the table by the end of the season, ahead of the likes of Monaco, Marseille and of course their local rivals, Lens. A title challenge had even been mounted against Lyon though it was to be a brief one despite beating them in their home game. Lille however automatically qualified for the UEFA Champions League group stages, and hoped to make a good impression in Europe by progressing through the groups. On November 2, 2005 they recorded one of the greatest results in their history by defeating Manchester United in the Champions League group phase. However, Lille were only able to pick up one point in their final two matches. They parachuted into the UEFA Cup by finishing third in their group, leaving Manchester United behind and out of Europe in fourth place. Lille's UEFA Cup run finished in the last 16, their opponent and ultimate winners of the competition Sevilla going through 2–1 on aggregate. Although recently they have been on the up they havent won a ligue 1 championship in over 50 years. (from Wikipedia)

Jerseys :View attachment 120525

Stadium :View attachment 120531

Squad : Ciaran : ok so here at Lille the squad is young and enthusiastic with some top quality players.
View attachment 120530
Goalkeepers : Landreau will be the number one, brilliant experienced Goalkeeper. Oukidja and Mouko will play backup
View attachment 120526
Defenders Rami is undoubtly our best denfender and a true leader of the team. will play alongside emerson, beria and bebuchy in the preffered back four. Lille have a strong swaud when it comes to defence with Chedjou being an acomplished centre defender for backup along with Vandam, Rozenhal (loan) and soaure all playing backup
View attachment 120527
Midfielders : The strongest part of the team with Hazard being the most noteable midfielder. I plan on playing a narrow diamond in midfield, with Hazard being the vocal point behind two strikers. Then we have Mavuba, who gives everything he has both in training and on the pitch, Brilliant work ethic aswell as the ability to play. then there's Cabaye, boy this lad has a shot on him, great passer too. then Balmount will play alongside him. With the midfield doing loads of work ill be looking to bring in an extra player or 2 to help out. Obraniak is there as well to fill in for hazard if injured but hopefully he can play well upfront as that's were we lack quality. Dumounts there to help out the midfielders as well.
View attachment 120528
Stikers : this is our weak point. Gervinho had a decent world cup and will be played upfront in a makeshift partnership alongside obriniak. Mousa Sow and Tulio De Melo will be the other two strikers trying to break into the team.

Lille is a great team to manage, good luck!

Also,follow mine too. ;)

Last edited:
Looking good so far.
If you think that the strikers are your weakest position i advice you to buy Garra Dembele.

Transfers

With the board only giving me 950K to spend i didnt really see the opportunity to strengthen my squad which is why only 2 transfers occured

View attachment 120544
Enzo Maresca : the well traveled central midfielder will provide heart, determination and real experience in the centre of the park, providing some of the younger lads with knowledge and a rest when needed. (Free Contract)

View attachment 120545
Hoillet : the youngster on loan from Blackburn has some explosive pace, More of a winger but can also be played upfront. Hopefully can come in and have an impact either from the bench or starting from the off. (Loan until end of Season)

Last edited:
I've played with Lille for a season and managed to win the league comfortably. Frau and Hazard will be your key players. Good luck mate! (H)

Closed, due to sickness, and college wasnt able to conitune this and had to delte the save, sorry lads.