Limerick FC

View attachment 131816

June 2016

I sign a 2 year contract extension

View attachment 131815

We are ranked 62nd in the European Competition Rankings and to put that into perspective thats just 2 placed ahead of the Scottish Championship.

View attachment 131814

Europa League 1st Qualifying Rnd
Molde 2 - 1 Limerick

View attachment 131813

2-0 down after 5 minutes and alarm bells were ringing but we managed to steady the ship after that and didnt concede anymore, McSweeney got a last minute away goal which sets up the next tie back in Ireland.

So a pretty quiet month with just the one game in Europe and nothing in the league whilst it doesnt look like we will be able to afford anyone in the transfer window even for free, We are currently in a fair bit of debt and the Europa League match next week is must win if we are to stay afloat.

Limerick FC

View attachment 131702

July 2016

Limerick 2 - Finn Harps 1

View attachment 131701

Back on my original Limerick save from 4 odd years ago Finn Harps were the bane of my life when we were in the division below and my main promotion rivals but at least now i can beat them a little easier.

Europa League 1st Qualifying Rnd 2nd Leg
Limerick 3 - Molde 1

View attachment 131700

Teenager Mahdy comes off the bench to net the first goal which would have seen us go through on away goals but they got one back 74 minutes in, this is where the Overload button actually worked for me for once and we went all out with Mahdy netting a brace late on to seal the win!!!

£71k is big money for us! A quarter of our debt wiped out in one go

View attachment 131699

We get Rabotnicki in the next round of the Qualifiers who on paper are actually a weaker team than Molde

View attachment 131697

Limerick 2 - Bray Wanderers 1

View attachment 131696

They net an earlier opener before young center back Whitehead equalized in the second half before McSweeney netted a last gasp winner.

Europa League 2nd Qualifying Rnd 1st Leg
Rabotnicki 1 - Limerick 1

View attachment 131695

Its Mahdy the saviour again as he nets an important away goal just before half time, they got an equalizer around an hour in which took the shine off a productive match.

Europa League 2nd Qualifying Rnd 2nd Leg
Limerick 2 - Rabotnicki 0

View attachment 131694

A much more comfortable night back in Limerick as McSweeney opens the scoring before Mahdy nets less than a minute after coming on to seal the win.

Another 71k thanks very much

View attachment 131693

We face Ukrainian side Karpaty in the 3rd Qualifying rnd

View attachment 131692

Limerick 4 - Galway 3

View attachment 131691

You kind of forget about the league with all of these European games coming thick and fast, McSweeney netted a Hattrick in a back and forth game were both defences had an absolute shocker.

Europa League 3rd Qualifying rnd 1st Leg
Limerick 5 - Karpaty 2

View attachment 131690

What a result! We all but end the tie in the opening leg smashing 5 goals past them despite their better possession and tonnes of chances they managed just the two goals in return.

Well we are now a big 8 points behind Shamrock Rovers but thats down to all these Europa League matches and have 3 games in hand on Shamrock Rovers.

View attachment 131689

Limerick FC

View attachment 131688

August 2016

St Pat's 0 - Limerick 1

View attachment 131687

Lynch gets the only goal of the game in a back and forth match where the end product for both teams was shocking.

Europa League 3rd Qualifying rnd 2nd Leg
Karpaty 6 - Limerick 3

View attachment 131686

What a whirlwind of emotions as there striker Tarasenko nets a double Hattrick receiving a perfect 10 rating but as we netted 3 goals in return we sneak through 8-8 on aggregate thanks to the away goals rule!

£210k Made off of 6 Europa League Qualifiers

View attachment 131685

Ouch! After all that hard work over those last 6 games to make it to the Europa League Playoffs we face Inter Milan

View attachment 131684

Limerick 2 - Derry City 0

View attachment 131683

Wingers Langley and Sweeney get the goals that win the match, these two were my only signings at the start of the season and they have made a huge difference

Cork City 1 - Limerick 1

View attachment 131682

Bore draw against our local rivals who seem to have our number at the moment.

Shamrock Rovers 3 - Limerick 3

View attachment 131681

A real back and forth goalscoring game against the current Top team in Ireland and we manage to just about get a draw, which isnt a terrible thing as we would have been losing these games easily this time last year.

Europa League Playoff 1st Leg
Limerick 2 - Inter 2

View attachment 131680

Probably the biggest result of my career and possibly Limerick's History as we ****** a 2-2 draw against Inter who were all over us throughout the game whilst we had Lynch hit them on the counter twice.

Senior Challenge Cup 3rd Rnd
Malahide Utd 1 - Limerick 2

View attachment 131679

An own goal and a late winner from sub Sweeney sees us just about come through a difficult match against a lower league side, with the Inter match coming up next i played mainly a second string.

Europa League Playoffs 2nd Leg
Inter 1 - Limerick 0

View attachment 131678

It almost feels worse going out by just the odd goal as we do ourselves and the fans proud with a decent performance especially from the Keeper as our European adventure comes to an end.

164k just for losing!

View attachment 131677

Well the finances are a little better but not what i was hoping for, was wondering what we were spending the money on and it seems that we spent a lot on getting to all these European matches! That must be a newer addition to FM as i dont remember losing money like this last time i was Limerick, We made a total of 375k from the Europa League Qualifiers whilst it cost 140k just to get around Europe!

View attachment 131676

McSweeney was on fire at the start of the season but now hes gone 8 games without a goal

View attachment 131675

Limerick 4 - Bohemians 1

View attachment 131674

Now that Europe is out of the way for another season we can get back to challenging for the Title which seems a lot more likely as Shamrock have stumbled drawing matches they really should win whilst we put on another impressive display this time against Bohemians.

9 games to go and we are 1 point top of the table for the the first time this season and even have 1 game in hand on Shamrock Rovers, Dundalk are a further 7 points back having played the same amount of games as us.

View attachment 131673

Limerick FC

View attachment 131604

September 2016

Senior Challenge Cup Quarter Finals
Limerick 0 - Dundalk 3

View attachment 131603

We looked tired in this match and didnt have anything good to bring off the bench with several players having picked up niggling injuries in recent weeks thanks to all those games in July/August, Were out of the Final cup competition and will just have the league to focus on for the final few weeks of the season

Longford 4 - Limerick 4

View attachment 131602

We concede far too many goals against mediocre teams and will have to address this in the off season with some better quality defensive additions as we just about scrape a draw against Longford who are nothing special.

One good thing about this match was that McSweeney ended his 13 hour goal drought

View attachment 131601

Bray Wanderers 0 - Limerick 2

View attachment 131600

A very even match but we just had the better finishers

Heres the 3 best prospects from the recent Youth Intake

Andrew Hayes - AML

View attachment 131599

Gareth Henderson - MC

View attachment 131598

Glen O'Sullivan - GK

View attachment 131597

Dundalk 4 - Limerick 7

View attachment 131596

Another highscoring game as we take on the policy of we will score more than you as we concede 4 bad goals but smash in 7! This was the first match i changed from an AMC to an extra striker and it showed in attacking department with Loftus and McSweeney netting a brace each and setting up 3 goals between them,

Finn Harps 2 - Limerick 3

View attachment 131595

3-0 up at half time and the match looked all over with strikers Mahdy and Loftus in fine form but yet again we conceded sloppy goals in the second half to make it hard work for us to see out the game

I played a lot of the youth players in the last game which included a couple of the youth intake players

View attachment 131594

Limerick 3 - Sligo Rovers 1

View attachment 131593

Centre back Williams scored an own goal early in the second half and then we struggled to break them down. We were all over them and it took a slight tweak in the tactics and the Overload button coming into play to see us knock in 3 goals in the last 10 minutes to seal all 3 points

The future is looking bright at Limerick with half of the first team already under 21 we have 5 players called up to the Ireland Under 19's squad the most from any one team.

View attachment 131592

Limerick 2 - St Pat's 1

View attachment 131591

We just love to concede goals but luckily we are on fire at front at the moment as Sweeney and McSweeney turn the game on its head and get the win.

So we are all caught up with our games in hand and are 7 points clear at the top of the table! Shamrock Rovers seem to have imploded not so much with losses but with far too many draws.

View attachment 131590

Limerick FC

View attachment 131554

October 2016

Galway 3 - Limerick 1

View attachment 131552

All the talk of going out and winning the Title today must have gone to our heads as relegation threatened Galway easily push past our lacklustre side.

Limerick 2 - Shamrock Rovers 1

View attachment 131551

Thats more like it! We go out and beat our main Title rivals and clinch the League with a game to spare after coming from behind in a fairly close match with McSweeney getting the late winner.

Limerick are League Champions

View attachment 131550

We make the Champions League 2nd Qualifying rnd for next season and this is where the big money will start to role in!

View attachment 131549

Our budget for next season has just gone through the roof! Our current wages come to 9.25k a week and we have been given a 33k a week budget!

View attachment 131548

If we jig it all around we have around 500k to play with along with 22k a week wage budget but we must do well in Europe next season to make some more money as theres not much in the current balance

View attachment 131547

I enter the Irish Hall of Fame

View attachment 131546

3 Cups and the League sees me start off in 7th place

View attachment 131545

New record for most premier league goals in a season

View attachment 131544

Scouting range updated also means a huge plus as we can finally look for players outside of Ireland

View attachment 131543

Limerick 1 - Dundalk 3

View attachment 131542

We must have faced Dundalk a little bleary eyed but we took the lead around an hour in thanks to an own goal but McGrath netted them a late second half hattrick to turn the game on its head and leave us with a loss to end the season.

We get 142k for winning the league almost double what 2nd place gets

View attachment 131539

In the end we finish the season 4 points clear of Shamrock Rovers whilst Dundalk were a further 10 points back in third place with Finn Harps getting relegated, Galway will face the second best team from the league below in a playoff to decide who gets into the top league next season

View attachment 131537

Right well at the moment everytime i take a screenshot it takes two of them so spent half of last night deleting all the doubles and triples of screenshots i actually need, anyone know why that would suddenly start happening,

Limerick FC

View attachment 131124

October 2016 - End of Season

Top Goalscorer - Sean McSweeney - 23 goals and 14 assists for the 19 year old who had a real breakthrough season this year whilst John O'Flynn's form nosedive

View attachment 131123

Best Player Lee Lynch - Hes only 24 years old himself but hes really one of the senior figures in the side with 11 goals and 12 assists to add to his dominant displays.

View attachment 131122

Best Young Player - Ian Sweeney - He only came in at the beginning of the year on a free transfer and nettd 22 goals and 16 assists, he only netted one less than our top scorer and he was playing out on the wing

View attachment 131121

First new signing for next season is Winger Stephen Hunt a former ROI International on a free transfer, hopefully he can be a bit of a senior head in our side full of youngsters

View attachment 131120

Ian Sweeney Wins League Player of the Year

View attachment 131119

I Win Manager of the Year

View attachment 131118

The 3 players that i have already mentioned at the beginning of the post are the 3 that make the Team of the Year

View attachment 131117

Sweeney, McSweeney and Langley are the 3 players inducted into the Limerick Best Eleven Ever

View attachment 131116

Best Eleven Ever - GK Freddy Hall is the one to have played the most games for us since i took charge 2 seasons ago with 87 matches whilst Lee Lynch has the most goals with 24 over 2 seasons whilst Sweeney and McSweeney arent far off after just the one season.

View attachment 131115

At 24 Lee Lynch still manages to win the Young Player of the Season whilst also getting the Fans Player of the Year, Duggan gets the best goal and Sweeney is the signing of the season.

View attachment 131114

Our average attendance was just over 1000 people which equated to just 32% of the stadium capacity.

View attachment 131113

I think getting knocked out of all 3 domestic cups early on really helped us in Europe and the league as we played several less domestic matches and our young squad had time to rest, i think quality in depth next season will be key to mount a title challenge and win a Cup or too.

View attachment 131112

Limerick FC

View attachment 131111

Nov 2016 - Jan 2017

Last Year's Top Goalscorer John O'Flynn is the big player to not have his contract renewed

View attachment 131091

The first 3 new players all on free transfers join the club

View attachment 131090

Dane Massey - DL

View attachment 131089

Brian Gartland - DC

View attachment 131088

Stephen Dooley - AMRL

View attachment 131087

It was nice to steal a few decent players from our rivals with the 2 defenders coming from Dundalk whilst Dooley was one of Cork City's best players last season

Jack Doherty leaves on a free transfer

View attachment 131085

Young striker Padraig Cunningham comes in for 95k as im desperate for another striker and he did well for Galway last season netting 14 goals

View attachment 131084

GK Schlingermann joins from Sligo Rovers were he was their first choice Keeper and now hes mine

View attachment 131083

I cant seem to get any money for any of my surplus players so have to make do with getting them off the wage bill

View attachment 131082

Major Rivals Shamrock Rovers go and sack their manager after coming second to us and then offer me an Interview

View attachment 131081

Robbie Williams joins Sligo Rovers on a free

View attachment 131080

Irish League of Ireland Player of the Year is won by Sweeney with Lynch in second

View attachment 131079

DRL Eddie Nolan is the next Dundalk player to join us on a free transfer

View attachment 131078

17 year old John Donaldson joins from West Brom on loan for the season and is already miles ahead of our best Striker, he is touted as the next Michael Owen

View attachment 131063

We get a random senior affiliate from Turkey as the board decide on something a bit pointless

View attachment 131061

Limerick FC

View attachment 130945

February 2017

Despite winning the league last season the Media are predicting we will finish in 3rd and that Dundalk are favourites for the league this season

View attachment 130944

7 new players in the Starting 11 for the opening day of the season shows how much the whole squad should push on this year

View attachment 130943

Munster Senior Cup Quarter Final
Limerick 6 - Castlebar 0

View attachment 130942

17 year old Donaldson has incredible debut as he nets 4 goals against lowly Castlebar with Dooley netting on his debut too.

188 Season Ticket Holders join the club this season

View attachment 130939

President's Cup
Limerick 2 - Galway Utd 1

View attachment 130938

Back to back President's Cup wins as the other new striker Cunningham nets the opener before Sweeney makes it 2 just after the break, they get a lot consolation goal but we see the win out.

We have won the most President's Cups ever with 2 wins it does help that its only been running for 4 years

View attachment 130937

Bohemians 1 - Limerick 2

View attachment 130936

Donaldson nets the opener early on but they equalized just before the break, it was winger Ian Sweeney who got the winner in injury time continuing his good run of form from last season with back to back goals.

Limerick FC

View attachment 130824

March 2017

League Cup 1st Rnd
Cobh Ramblers 3 - Limerick 4

View attachment 130823

This game was a lot closer than it should have been especially as i played the first team, new boys Donaldson and Dooley both got on the scoresheet again and it was veteran Hunt who netted the win in extra time keeping his nerve to slot home a 109th minute penalty

Sligo Rovers 1 - Limerick 5

View attachment 130822

Donaldson nets another brace along with Captain Duggan netting a couple of goals too, forgotten Top Goalscorer from last season McSweeney also came off the bench and netted a late goal.

After a stellar start to the season i manage to get Donaldson to agree to staying with us for next season on loan too

View attachment 130821

Limerick 5 - Dundalk 4

View attachment 130820

When you score 5 goals but only had 4 shots on target you know you were very lucky to come away with a win! This was an important marker to set against one of the favourites to win the Title this season in Dundalk and Donaldson netted another brace!

Limerick 2 - Shamrock Rovers 1

View attachment 130819

Nothing better than beating you two biggest rivals in the league in back to back games as new strikers Donaldson and Cunningham got the goals either side of a Danny North goal for them.

Athlone Town 1 - Limerick 2

View attachment 130818

It almost all went to pot against one of the worse teams in the league as we went behind early on but Dooley managed to turn the game around on his own netting the equalizer just after the break before scoring an injury time winner.

5 Wins in a row in the League

View attachment 130817

5 points clear at the top of the table after 5 straight wins

View attachment 130816

Limerick FC

View attachment 130641

April 2017

Bray Wanderers 2 - Limerick 4

View attachment 130640

We come from behind to easily win the match 4-2 with Donaldson only managing a goal and an assist today

Langley out for 4 Months!

View attachment 130639

Longford 1 - Limerick 4

View attachment 130638

Another highscoring victory as they have 2 players sent off in the same minute just before half time whilst our new attacking trio of Donaldson, Dooley and Cunningham netted again. Even though are attack was good last season these new signings have pushed it to another level this year whilst Top Goalscorer from last year can only make a cameo today and net a goal in McSweeney.

Limerick 0 - St Pat's 1

View attachment 130637

It was all going so well with our undefeated start to the new season but i guess i new it would end somewhere

Limerick 0 - Cork City 1

View attachment 130636

Back to back losses after such a good start to the season is devastating for our league standings and even worse that we have lost to one of our biggest rivals.

Limerick 2 - Derry City 1

View attachment 130635

A tough back and forth game where we come from behind to seal the win and get our league Title dreams back on track with the older heads of Hunt and Duggan getting the season back on track

Shelbourne 2 - Limerick 5

View attachment 130634

Thats more like us as we bash in the goals going 3-0 up after 7 minutes before they netted a couple back in the second half to give us a nervy end before McSweeney came off the bench and netted twice in the same injury time minute.

Munster Senior Cup Semi Final
Cobh Ramblers 2 - Limerick 3

View attachment 130633

Another come from behind win this time against second tier Cobh as we make the Final after Sweeney got one goal back just before half time it was Donaldson who found his goalscoring boots again netting a brace to win the match.

2 year contract extension

View attachment 130632

100 games in at Limerick - 4 Cups and the League Title- Cant wait to see where we will be after another 100 games

Limerick 2 - Bohemians 8

View attachment 130631

I would 8 - 2 be a Limerick fan right now as we get royally rolled over! We seem to be all or nothing at the moment, smashing the goals in or letting just as many into our own net.

Despite those 3 losses this month we did win 4 games and just about cling on to top spot 1 point clear of second placed Dundalk

View attachment 130630

Limerick FC

View attachment 130500

May 2017

League Cup 2nd Rnd
Limerick 3 - Cork City 1

View attachment 130499

Nolan out for 5 weeks

View attachment 130498

Limerick 3 - Sligo Rovers 0

View attachment 130497

St Pat's 3 - Limerick 1

View attachment 130496

Striker Cunningham out for 5 weeks

View attachment 130495

Dundalk 3 - Limerick 3

View attachment 130494

League Cup Quarter Final
Limerick 4 - Shelbourne 0

View attachment 130493

Limerick 3 - Athlone Town 2

View attachment 130492

Senior Challenge Cup 2nd Rnd
Limerick 3 - Derry City 0

View attachment 130491

After that loss to St Pat's we drop down to second place but are still on equal points with top team Dundalk on 34 points as we near the halfway point of the season, Donaldson has 12 goals in the league already and is joint second in the Goalscoring rankings.

View attachment 130490

Limerick FC

View attachment 130438

June 2017

Munster Senior Cup Final
Cork City 1 - Limerick 4

View attachment 130437

What a dominant win against one of our biggest rivals and seal another Cup! This is my 6th Trophy i have won with Limerick since taking charge 2 and a half seasons ago. We even played a few of the reserve and youth players with the likes of teenagers Mahdy and Fogarty having good games.

2 Munster Senior Cup Wins in the last 3 seasons, shame the board dont care!

View attachment 130436

Up to the heady heights of 380th in the European Rankings rising over 100 places in the last year after our good run in the Europa League Qualifiers

We are only the 5th best Irish team in the European Rankings with St Pat's well over 100 places ahead of us.

View attachment 130435

I would deem drawing Celtic a tough match but the bookies believe we are pretty even and we were actually favourites in the home tie.

View attachment 130434

Pretty quiet month in June as its all but a mid season break before the hectic couple of months the European matches give you, I dont see much happening in the transfer window unless we get a bit of money from the European qualifier matches.

Limerick FC

View attachment 130426

July 2017

Limerick 3 - Bray Wanderers 1

View attachment 130425

Champions League 2nd Qualifying Rnd 1st Leg
Limerick 4 - Celtic 1

View attachment 130424

Jordan Loftus leaves on a free as i continue to trim the wage bill

View attachment 130423

Cork City 1 - Limerick 2

View attachment 130422

Champions League 2nd Qualifying rnd 2nd Leg
Celtic 2 - Limerick 2

View attachment 130421

We will face FH in the next qualifying rnd

View attachment 130420

We sign O'Hanlon as a useful backup striker on loan for the next 6 months

View attachment 130419

Limerick 1 - Longford 0

View attachment 130418

Cunningham has started to take centre stage upfront now with Donaldson taking a back seat after his blistering goalscoring start to the season.

Champions League 3rd Qualfying Rnd 1st Leg
FH 2 - Limerick 3

View attachment 130417

League Cup Semi Final
Cockhill 0 - Limerick 2

View attachment 130416

12 Games Unbeaten in all Competitions

View attachment 130415

We have dropped down to 3rd place in recent weeks due to playing all the European Qualifier matches, We are just 2 points off top placed side St Pat's and have 2 games in hand on them

View attachment 130414

Limerick FC

View attachment 130403

August 2017

Champions League 3rd Qualfying rnd 2nd leg
Limerick 4 - FH 0

View attachment 130402

We are seeded in the Playoffs draw and will face off against Sheriff for a place in the Champions League Group Stages

View attachment 130401

Limerick 3 - St Pat's 0

View attachment 130400

A good win against one of our main Title rivals especially as they had already beaten us twice in the league earlier on in the season. Cunningham has continues his fine form whilst Donaldson's goalscoring touch has deserted him.

Bohemians 2 - Limerick 2

View attachment 130399

Sligo Rovers 4 - Limerick 1

View attachment 130398

Champions League Playoffs 1st Leg
Sheriff 0 - Limerick 2

View attachment 130397

Senior Challenge Cup 3rd Rnd
Limerick 2 - Sligo Rovers 1

View attachment 130396

Shamrock Rovers 3 - Limerick 4

View attachment 130395

Cunningham Hattrick whilst Donaldson gets the other in a fine goalscoring display from our front two.

It shows how far we have come with 12 players from the squad involved in Internationals including Donaldson at the England Under 19's side and several players part of the Irish youth setup

View attachment 130394

Champions League Playoffs 2nd Leg
Limerick 4 - Sheriff 0

View attachment 130393

Cunningham nets yet another Hattrick as we fly into the Champions League Group Stages

We get £1.42Million for just beating Sheriff in the Playoffs which easily wipes out our 400k debt

View attachment 130392

And then the near £8.6Million we get for being in the Group Stages instantly makes us the richest club in the league worth £10.25Million with Bohemians in second at £1.1Million

View attachment 130391

So after making a loss of £46,000 last season this year we are at making a profit of over £9Million! This money is going to change the club for ever

View attachment 130390

Nearly £2Million is spent on upgrading the Youth and Training Facilities

View attachment 130389View attachment 130388

In our first ever Champions League Group Stage draw we will face PSG, Porto and Dynamo Kyiv, the best we can hope for is not getting hammered in the away games and trying to nick a draw at home against Dynamo Kyiv.

View attachment 130387

Athlone Town 0 - Limerick 1

View attachment 130386

Despite having all that money now to spend i dont really see anyone i like the look of who i think is value for money anyway so we only bring in Jonathan Douglas the 35 year old central midfielder formerly of Leeds, Blackburn and Brentford.

View attachment 130385

1 point clear of second placed Cork City with 9 games to go before the end of the season, not only are we top of the table we have 3 games in hand on second and third place

View attachment 130384

Limerick FC

View attachment 130284

September 2017

After a brilliant first season with us AMRLC Stephen Dooley gets his first cap for Northern Ireland

View attachment 130283

Senior Challenge Cup Quarter Final
Limerick 4 - UCD 1

View attachment 130282

Limerick 2 - Dundalk 2

View attachment 130281

Since making the Champions League Group stages our team is now worth as much as all the other teams combined

View attachment 130280

Champions League Groups
Limerick 0 - Dynamo Kyiv 1

View attachment 130279

We had 11 men behind the ball and were really trying to play for the 0-0 draw and it really looked likely as they had a player sent off but some how managed to net a late winner as we grew tired. If i can make sure we dont get thrashed in any of the group games i will be happy

Young CM O'Connell out for 10 Months!

View attachment 130278

We set a new Gate Receipt of £170k

View attachment 130277

League Cup Final
Dundalk 2 - Limerick 3

View attachment 130276

We win our first League Cup of my Limerick reign after a hard fought victory over Dundalk

View attachment 130275

Limerick 2 - Shelbourne 1

View attachment 130274

Was just looking at the form of my two strikers and it has changed rapidly, after such a good start to the season Donaldson has netted just 5 times in the last 20 possible games whilst Cunningham has 19 goals.

Youth Intake

Richard McDonell - DMC

View attachment 130273

Phillip Campbell - AMRL

View attachment 130272

Limerick 2 - Cork City 3

View attachment 130271

Bray Wanderers 1 - Limerick 4

View attachment 130270

Champions League Groups
PSG 1 - Limerick 0

View attachment 130269

A very hectic few days as we try to play catch up in the league along with playing in Europe, a 1-0 loss away from home to group favourites PSG was not a terrible result as i was expecting to get thrashed.

Longford 1 - Limerick 2

View attachment 130268

2 points clear of second placed Dundalk with 2 games in hand, we have just 4 games left of the season and 2 wins should guarantee the Title.

View attachment 130267

Limerick FC

View attachment 130262

October 2017

Senior Challenge Cup Semi Final
Limerick 0 - Cork City 1

View attachment 130261

Nothing worse than crashing out of the cup so close to the Final but its made even worse when its to your closest rivals Cork City

Limerick 2 - Shamrock Rovers 5

View attachment 130260

We could have wrapped the Title up with a big win today but we bottled it

Limerick 2 - Derry City 1

View attachment 130259

On my original Limerick save i was dominating the league and a regular in Europe and still couldnt get the Ireland job 10 seasons in, this time round Martin O'Neill gets sacked after a terrible World Cup Qualifiers i put a cheeky offer in and they snap me up!!!

View attachment 130258

Derry City 1 - Limerick 2

View attachment 130257

Your eyes are not deceiving you we did face Derry City home and away in the league in back to back matches and won both of them 2-1

Which sealed the Title!!!

View attachment 130256

Basically we have loads of money to spend if i want to

View attachment 130255

Back to Back Title Wins

View attachment 130254

We Won the League, League Cup, Presidents Cup and Munster Senior Cup this season in a fantastic Quadruple, the Munster Senior Cup one does not come up as this season though as the opening rounds for next season start at the end of this season

View attachment 130253

Champions League Groups
Porto 3 - Limerick 1

View attachment 130252

Im just happy we managed to take the lead in this match! Thats a big enough deal for us at the moment but again it seems to be our conditioning or match fitness as we fall apart at the end

Shelbourne 1 - Limerick 2

View attachment 130251

We end the League season with a good win with both of our goals coming from fringe players who likely played their last games for Limerick

In the end we won the League by 7 points with local rivals Cork City in second place whilst Shamrock Rovers have fallen all the way to 5th.

View attachment 130250

Limerick FC

View attachment 130202

End of October/November 2017

Duggan Claims Player of the Year

View attachment 130196

Donaldson Claims Young Player of the Year

View attachment 130195

I Win Manager of the Year

View attachment 130194

Only 2 Limerick Players Make the League Team of the Year

View attachment 130193

Champions League Groups
Limerick 1 - Porto 2

View attachment 130192

Record Attendance for Limerick Broken with 10,841 fans coming to watch us play Porto

View attachment 130191

Obviously that sets a new gate receipt too of £210k

View attachment 130190

First Ireland Squad Decided

View attachment 130189

Were expected to lose both of the upcoming friendlies so this is more about seeing what my best eleven is the tactic and the overall squad i have to use, this will be my 140th game as a Manager

View attachment 130188

Starting 11 and Tactic

View attachment 130187

Friendly
Ireland 0 - Portugal 2

View attachment 130186

Friendly
Czech Republic 1 - Ireland 0

View attachment 130185

A massive group of 10 Limerick fans are travelling to the Ukraine

View attachment 130184

Champions League Groups
Dynamo Kyiv 1 - Limerick 0

View attachment 130182

36 year old Stephen Hunt joins Galway on a free transfer

View attachment 130181

Costelloe also joins him at Galway on a free transfer

View attachment 130180

Limerick FC

View attachment 130138

December 2017 - End of Season

So we lost the last game of the Champions League to PSG and finished bottom of the group with 0 points, but thats what we have to expect for a little while yet, its all about getting to the group stages and building the clubs up at the moment, getting a couple of goals and conceding just 11 goals in 6 games has to be seen as an achievement.

View attachment 130137

Squad in Order of Most Apps

View attachment 130136

To show how far we pushed on this season all 3 key players this season were only bought at the beginning of the year

Top Goalscorer - John Donaldson - Dubbed the next Michael Owen lets just hope hes not as injury prone, he netted 33 goals this season along with 11 assists, most of his goals did come earlier on in the season before having a bit of a drought

View attachment 130134

Best Player - Stephen Dooley - Always nice when you take one of your rivals best players and they perform like this! 12 goals and 11 assists for the winger

View attachment 130135

Best Young Player - Padraic Cunningham - Not only did he get 29 goals he also set up 17 goals with an overall perfect season, he barely did anything to start the season but set up goals for others but once Donaldson went off form he couldnt stop netting braces and Hattricks!

View attachment 130133

We break the record attendance due to the PSG game by other 2,500 people

View attachment 130132

New Gate Receipt set to for £250k

View attachment 130131

We have 5 players join the Best Eleven Ever at the end of this season

View attachment 130130

Young centre back Paudie O'Connor has the most appearances since i took charge with 134 appearances, whilst its winger Ian Sweeney with the most goals at 37.

View attachment 130129

The Usual Suspects clean up at the Awards

View attachment 130128

Season Review - Next season will again be about adding quality to the starting 11 and having an overall bigger squad, the upgrades to the facilities will help too and the scouting range getting better will help us bring in better players next season, getting back into the Champions League group stages is clear and building up our Coefficients ranking which will help get us better seedings which then makes it easier to get in the group stages

View attachment 130127

World Cup Brazilian Legend Roberto Carlos is the new St Pat's Manager

View attachment 130126