ankitd1994

Reaction score
Im confused as to what exactly this means on the scout report.

Take this example, a 17 year old wonderkid, potential to be world class, consistent, relishes big matches.

So what does his limited skill indicate? Seems like his only weakness to me but I dont really understand it. Is it related to his technique? Passing?

View attachment 325966

Last edited:
Post a screen with his attributes mate.

Limited skill: limited mentals - notice ratings for anticipation, vision and composure.

Fatten him up till he's twenty and then offload him imho.

Limited skill: limited mentals - notice ratings for anticipation, vision and composure.

Fatten him up till he's twenty and then offload him imho.

Ahh, got it. ****, thought i had picked up a good one

Ahh, got it. ****, thought i had picked up a good one

He's not that bad its just that these things are necessary for top teams. He has 17 determination, whats his character attribute. That means that you ll be able to improve him by correct training. Do so for 3 years and you see ...

How do u train composure, and how many ticks can u increase?

Also can u explain me what are this Black stars in the potential ability in fm 2015?

How do u train composure, and how many ticks can u increase?

Also can u explain me what are this Black stars in the potential ability in fm 2015?

Just go to Training, and set him to train his composure.. As for 'ticks', I'm not really sure what you mean. If you mean his mentals, it'll improve with age, and sometimes with successful tutoring..

Black Stars refers to the Potential the scout feels the player can reach, but is dependent on other factors, making him unsure.

But for exemple if the Player has already reached his full potential he Will not increase composure.. Am I right?

This guy has potential if correctly developed. Retrain him as a CM, have him tutored by a senior member with amazing mental stats and work on his first touch/passing. He could easily become a very good B2B midfielder, he just needs some polish.

Last edited:
This guy has potential if correctly developed. Retrain him as a CM, have him tutored by a senior member with amazing mental stats and work on his first touch/passing. He could easily become a very good B2B midfielder, he just needs some polish.

Why should a guy that is very Quick, has very nice finishing and heading be retrained as a cm?

Why should a guy that is very Quick, has very nice finishing and heading be retrained as a cm?

He doesn't have to be by any means, but there are plenty of tall, limited strikers out there whilst well rounded B2Bs are rather rare. With the right training, this guy could easily be a Fellaini type player that would slot perfectly in any pivot/3 man midfield.

(It is worth pointing out though that I've been playing 4-6-0 pretty much continuously for the last 4 editions of FM and I'm a little obsessed with well rounded midfielders.)

Why do you play 4-6-0? You like possesion football?
Can you show me a ss of a season you have played? Like how many goals your top scorer have scored?

Why do you play 4-6-0? You like possesion football?
Can you show me a ss of a season you have played? Like how many goals your top scorer have scored?

I like the challenge and I like seeing if the ME can handle it.

I'll dig you out some screenshots of my 2014 save a bit later on, should still have them somewhere in dropbox. The central AM got something like 15G20A, the winger 10G15A, the IF 20G,10A, both B2B players got 6/7 goals + assist each, the fullbacks about the same assists and a couple of goals each.

I'm playing a very fluid version this year with complete wing backs at Bilbao and my left wingback is currently the top scorer! (only 5 games in though)

I usually like CM's with a good first touch but yeah I see what you mean, its an interesting idea and could definitely work. Will try it out when i get back to this save.

I also actually played without a striker in FM 14, a few seasons in after setting up a great attacking midfield. Played with AMR AML, 2 IF wingers, B2B and DLP. Definitely made for much more creative football and gave both AM's a lot of space to roam, I might try it soon for 15 too!