Lincoln City - To a place they've never been!

raguman

Reaction score
I've been playing FM for a good while now but never had a go at the stories. So here we go.

View attachment 238675

[5.7.2011] ZAK CLEMENTS, AN UNKNOWN MANAGER TAKES OVER AT LINCOLN CITY

Zak Clements, an unknown, boyhood Lincoln City fan took over the reins as Lincoln City manager today. In the press-conference he mentioned his goals and ambitions. "I plan to take Lincoln to places they've never been" answered a confident Zak Clements. When questioned about his plans with the backroom staff and current players, Clements replied "I think the current set up isn't right for me. I plan to ship out those who I don't believe can handle it and bring in some proper footballing talent". Alongside his arrival came personal friend and previous Hibernian player Gareth Evans to takeover from Curtis Woodhouse.

View attachment 238676
Gareth Evans

Only a day into his managerial position and Clements received permission to take full control of the current Lincoln City players contracts. Knowing it would cost quite a significant amount, Clements STILL canceled all of his players contracts bar three. Joe Anyon, Jean Francois Christophe and Alan Power. Three players who Clements described as "The only ones I see fit in being able to handle a higher league".

View attachment 238682View attachment 238683View attachment 238684
Alan Power Jean Francois Christophe Joe Anyon

More to be updated later.

Last edited:
Good start, shame about the team. Grimsby through and through (apart from my beloved Athletico of course)

It has been a busy transfer window for Lincoln City since Clements, the new Imps manager canceled the contract of 85% of the clubs players. Clements didn't spend much but the talent bought in seems to have had a positive impact on the fans as they showed delight for the experienced, Cameroon international Alain N'kong. The attacking midfield has been without a club since his contract expired with Mexican club Indios. Alongside N'kong came three Scottish players; winger Alan Gow, veteran Craig Winter and young center half Cammy Macdonald. Clements expressed his delight at signing the three, mentioning how "the three of the scots I think will have make quite an impact this season, I'll use Winter carefully, he won't play every game but he certainly will be vital to Lincolns success".

View attachment 239386
Alain N'kong

The club was strengthened with no more than 16 players this transfer window. The unsurprisingly large roster includes Alain N'kong, Craig Winter, Alan Gow, Cammy Macdonald, Pablo Counago, Omar Koroma, Trevor Mutero, Ahmed Abdulla, Ferhat Kisnanc, Robin Huisman De Jong, Tom Parkes, Adebowale Ogungbure and Sergio Heilings. 3 on loan; Kieron Freeman from Nottingham Forest, Michael Liddle from Sunderland and Matthew Park from Hearts.

[25.11.2012] Lincoln season analysis - Pre Match Lincoln vs. Forest Green

After a fairly poor start - which was to be expected after a whole new batch of players were bought into Sincil Bank - The Lincoln team seem to be gelling together quite nicely. This is evident in their recent form.

Clements' boys have recorded 9 wins in their last 11 games including a place in the 2nd round of the FA Cup. Clements was at first known for changing his formation often to support the various playing positions of specific individuals. But since changing to a 4-2-2-2, Clements has seen a sharp increase in form and a potential challenge for the title as they currently start 3rd - 7 points from being level on points with the high flying Tynesides, Gateshead. Many players have stood out so far this season for Lincoln which has cemented themselves a firm place in Clements' starting XI. Although sitting out for 3 weeks because of a gashed leg, Cameroon intenational, Alain N'kong has wowed fans playing on the left of midfield. So far this term he has scored 10 and took part in 6 in 17 appearances. At the other end of the pitch, 21 year old centre half, Cammy Macdonald has become somewhat of a fan favorite, becoming the first hat-trick hero this season scoring 3 headers against the Imps arch-rivals Grimsby Town.

One player springs to mind when analyzing Lincolns first half this season. He's contributed to 11 goals and 8 assists in 19 appearances not to mention the 3 man of the match awards he has picked up. Attacking midfield Alan Gow has been played what would seem out of position on the right of midfield and has since had great success scoring some magnificent goals. 1 in fact which earned him the September Goal of the month award.

The on form team will be going to 'The New Lawn' with high confidence and smiling faces. Alan Gow, Sergio Heilings and Kieron Freeman may be rested after playing only 3 days a go at Wrexham. The three looked tired but from Gow's previous efforts, Clements will be trying his hardest to get the Scot back to fitness.​