little issue with transfer windows in edit

jevans1989

Reaction score
This is probably a simple fix but i can't figure it out. I've created a new scottish league system using "create new competitions and rules," everything is working fine except season by season the transfer windows keep moving. For example I started by setting the transfer windows as 1.7.2009-31.8.2009 and 1.1.2010-1.1.2010, all very well in the first season but when I get to season two and onwards I find the transfer windows have moved, they stay the same length but move a few days (eg. 28.6.2010 - 29.8.2010). Anything obvious that is causing this or is it just something I'll have to live with, it's not a real issue I'm just horribly pedantic and like everything to work perfectly.

Last edited:
Upload your Database to my Editing Requests Thread mate and I wil see what I can do about it...

This is probably a simple fix but i can't figure it out. I've created a new scottish league system using "create new competitions and rules," everything is working fine except season by season the transfer windows keep moving. For example I started by setting the transfer windows as 1.7.2009-31.8.2009 and 1.1.2010-1.1.2010, all very well in the first season but when I get to season two and onwards I find the transfer windows have moved, they stay the same length but move a few days (eg. 28.6.2010 - 29.8.2010). Anything obvious that is causing this or is it just something I'll have to live with, it's not a real issue I'm just horribly pedantic and like everything to work perfectly.

I think it's just something the game does automatically, because in real life, last year the transfer window was extended by a few days because teams were unable to register players on a weekend when the SFA is closed :)

This is a problem I tend to experience with every edited database I play, no matter the league - is this unique to my own game or a common problem with a known solution?

Transfer Windows are set to, Wednesday 1st July - Monday 31st August, but the next year, instead of keeping to the 1st-31st, the Window insteads lasts between the corresponding Wednesday and Monday of that year - say the 30th of June to the 30th of August. After a few years this leads to transfer windows where the window opens on the 6th of July and closes on the 26th August. Obviously, this gets very annoying and takes away enjoyment from the game for a perfectionist like myself!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers!

Last edited: