little trick to not conceide late goals

Reaction score
okay, we're assuming here that 70 per cent of the late goals are conceided when the opposition is loosing and playing the dreaded and almighty 4-2-4.
I've got a quite foolproof tactic against that, works against barça being madrid, works with telford against southend so it should apply to all levels.
Basically the AI will set mentality to the max for the strikers and forward runs to often. Just push your defence line as high as possible and not compulsory but if you have faith in your defenders play the offside trap.
In OI tight mark individually close down often and show onto weak foot every opponent striker. Don't care about the MCs anymore since there are only two of them anymore so your 442, 433 or 451 tactic will take care of them.
In that system the AI makes the defenders play countless long balls from the defenders, so you can maybe sacrifice somebody to play as a DM but my standart 442 is enough to regain possetion more often than not.
If the opponent striker indeed manages to get the ball, a swarm of your defenders and MCs or wingers will take care of them, just remove any arrows in your midfield. This will make them almost impossible to find a way out.
If you're defence is slow don't worry because you'll have narrowed as much as possible your team, making a compact wall, in case one escapes.
Play counter and you might score yourself the odd goal.
Voila!

Tell me if you tried it and how it worked guys.

i think it was similar
but it wasnt about late goals.
and yeah
he did get slated.

I bet it was bad results. It's suicidal. Whats wrong with the Shut up stop strategy? Tempo slowest, width narrowest, etc. I rarely condede when I used that past the 85th minute.

jaaja I did get slated but how come something that works perfectly for me wouldn't work for you guys? and this is playing with telford, not the dream team I've built. Personnally playing my normal tactic when the opposition goes to 4-2-4 I get raped, when I do this I don't.

Possibly because it's such a radical shift from how you usually defend the AI doesn't have time to adjust its tactics?

Alternatively, you have players who can deal with a high defensive line and are good at it (for their level)?

well, my defnders suck heavy time, the kind of when you see the opposition starting to elaborate on midield and you check your defence you see eevrybody is in position and that you should have no problems, yeah my ***.
Could be the AI though, I play a deep defence line in almost all my tactics because precisely I can't rely on my defenders and when I tweak I go to max high defensive line.