Little Victories

Redstag

Reaction score
Ok obviously winning is a great feeling and the object of the game. But what are the little victories that you love in a game of Football Manager.

Example: I love when I sign an "average" player who my scouts and fans disregard because I want to play a certain tactical system and he fits into it. I dont mean a wonderkid or someone I read on the forum. I mean a player with average ratings but yet has certain key attributes/preferred moves/ mentality that makes him a success. This is usually a DM or Target Man.

Any other things like that which are the reason you love FM

I love being a small team and totally humping the biggar teams! only downside being i normally get beat by an even smaller team than mine!
I'm west ham jst now and hav so far beaten;
1.chelsea at the bridge 3-1
2.man u at home 2-0
3.arsenal at emirates 4-2

however beaten by;
1.hull at home 3-0
2.middlesboro at riverside 6-1
3.wigan at home 2-1

west ham and me,mid-table obscurity!

Getting a player fans and scout don't like and having him triumph in my team is indeed something good. (You can know the preferred moves of players not in your team?)

One of the little things I've most enjoyed is when I'm playing a non EPL team (or non top division team), I play one from the top league (be it friendly or some cup) and even if losing I can say the top team had to sweat blood to get the match.

The first was in FM05 playing Burgos CF (Second B) against Atlético de Madrid, a friendly but Atlético with their best players, and they only got away with a 1-0 scored in the last 15 minutes. And my team still got a few chances to score thorough the game. They might not have been too clear; but they existed, which I didn't expect before the start of the match.

Im interested to try these non top flight games. I usually try and take a medium to weak top flight club to the top. It gets dull as you know who the big names are, who the bargains are etc etc etc. My latest game I didnt actually add a manager until 2029 so I have had loads of these little successes.