Live search?

boro141

Reaction score
Sorry if I'm just being ignorant but has the live search function gone for good? temporarily? or can I just not find it?

Cheers!

Gone for good.
Use the advanced search in the top right corner or navigate the forums.

Thanks. Shame that, always found it more effective than the standard search!

The advanced search is now fully functional, although the normal search bar still has some problems, simply have a new tab open with the advanced page search open and it should be almost as quick and convinient as live search.

Live search has gone as every single search locks the database, causing the site to freeze for everyone else.

Live Search is now back, for Premium Members ONLY.

Is this what is causing the server to overload?

No, the daily backup has been running in the background all day causing the site to go slower than usual.

Hopefully tomorrow it will improve again.

Another incentive (like you needed another?!) to become a premium member ;) Like the idea Sean

Of course you'd always have people complaining Sean, but honestly, that was the most important tool while browsing thru the website. Honestly, again, I don't plan to become a premium member anytime soon, as I have better ways of spending my money, which isn't much anymore. It's not the end of the World and it's totally understandable, but it made our life easier. As for being Premium, in one hand, we all know most of those members just want the Star + Blue name, kind of a 'street cred' thing. On the other hand, if those dudes payed, they obviously have the right to have some features us cheap bastards don't.

Of course you'd always have people complaining Sean, but honestly, that was the most important tool while browsing thru the website. Honestly, again, I don't plan to become a premium member anytime soon, as I have better ways of spending my money, which isn't much anymore. It's not the end of the World and it's totally understandable, but it made our life easier. As for being Premium, in one hand, we all know most of those members just want the Star + Blue name, kind of a 'street cred' thing. On the other hand, if those dudes payed, they obviously have the right to have some features us cheap bastards don't.
That is not true, us premium members help the site run

it's £10 for a year. hardly expensive. If it wasn't for the premium members this site couldn't run at all.
P.S don't diss the blue name and red star, it makes me feel happy

it's £10 for a year. hardly expensive. If it wasn't for the premium members this site couldn't run at all.
P.S don't diss the blue name and red star, it makes me feel happy

I never said there should be no premium members, nor did I say you don't help the site run. I did say you deserve some features we don't. And about money, allow me to decide what's too much, or not, for my pocket.
And ya mate, they are pretty styilish ;)

Btw, it's 'paid' ;)

The reason Live Search is only available for Premium Members is because it is very server intensive and if it was available for everyone to use the site would be going incredibly slow.

I don't know about you guys, but this site was running very good for me always. This thing with the live search (slowing it down) is just a pretext.

I don't know about you guys, but this site was running very good for me always. This thing with the live search (slowing it down) is just a pretext.

You clearly didn't spend much time on the site, consistently, before it went down for "maintenance". The site was slower than me and often the server just gave up before hand and it still seems woefully slow at times.

So be quiet with your pretext nonsense.