Live - Wednesday football

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 65
  • Views Views 2K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Manchester United and Manchester City meet for a place in the Carling Cup final and there are four Premier League games as well on a monumental evening of football.

More...

Rooney - Man Utd 1 - 2 Man City - Tevez, Bellamy

And, i think this thread should get closed before the game finishes. Cause i think we all know what will come after.....XD

Please try not to cause any arguments today lads, would be nice to reflect on results without silly arguments.

I think it will be United 1-0 City but City to win on penalties.

Anyone know the line ups yet?

Last edited:
1910: Man City team: Given, Richards, Kompany, Boyata, Garrido, Barry, De Jong, Zabaleta, Wright-Phillips, Bellamy, Tevez.
1910: Man Utd team: Van Der Sar, Rafael, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra, Carrick, Fletcher, Scholes, Nani, Giggs, Rooney.

To be fair, it could be closed but I find these United Liverpool fights amusing myself.

I hope City go through tonight though.

Just came back from football right on timw aswell, need a quick shower then get a few snacks together then put on the arsenal game and will keep taps on man utd game aswell:D Lovely day.

Please try not to cause any arguments today lads, would be nice to reflect on results without silly arguments.

Roger that Max, tho if arsenal win and man utd lose im straight off to my friends house to rub it in as he lives like one minute from my house!. That of course if everything goes to plan.

Aston Villa: Friedel, Cuellar, Collins, Dunne, Luke Young, Ashley Young, Milner, Petrov, Downing, Agbonlahor, Heskey.
Subs: Guzan, Sidwell, Delfouneso, Davies, Delph, Shorey, Beye.
Arsenal: Almunia, Sagna, Gallas, Vermaelen, Clichy, Denilson, Fabregas, Ramsey, Rosicky, Eduardo, Arshavin.
Subs: Fabianski, Nasri, Walcott, Traore, Campbell, Eastmond, Bendtner.

Last edited:
2-1 man utd city to win on pens.

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

cant go to pens if it finished 1-0 to utd they will go through on away goals.

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

chelsea lineup

cech
ivanovich
terry
carvalho
a.cole
ballack
lampard
deco
malouda
j.cole
anelka

want United to knock out City. Then I want Villa to beat United in the final.

Sol campbell just came on for injured vermaelen:S Ffs gallas needs to play top notch now campbell needs abit of covering due to his lost of pace.

Not good.

nani has been impressive with his work rate tonight

It's probably because he realises he will have to work hard to get into the first team now.

& Do away goals even count in the Carling Cup? :S

They only count after extra time. So if it stays like it is at the moment then it will go to extra time but after extra time United would win.

It's probably because he realises he will have to work hard to get into the first team now.

& Do away goals even count in the Carling Cup? :S

i think away goals only count in nextra time or sumtin weird mlike that

Ireland brought on. Good idea bringing him on, he'll run all over the pitch and could change the game. Still want City to win.

Adebayor is away to come on. Hope other United fans show him respect.

United scored :)

Great finish. Not game over though, if City get a goal it could go to penalties.

Back