Live - Wednesday football

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 38
  • Views Views 1K
Remind me when Arsenal last won the Champions League please.?

I forget....
Calm down, calm down. (in scouse accent):D

Fabianski XD

This is not the "trade lame insults" thread, fellas.:S

Did anyone watch the Bayern v Fiorentina match?
Absolutely disgraceful performance from the same cheating ref who knocked us out against Barca last year.
He should seriously quit refereeing.

Did anyone watch the Bayern v Fiorentina match?
Absolutely disgraceful performance from the same cheating ref who knocked us out against Barca last year.
He should seriously quit refereeing.
By that logic there would be no Refs left :S

By that logic there would be no Refs left :S

Did you even watch the match?
Im not talking about one or two iffy decisions.
But 5 or 6 shocking decisions by him & his assistant.

It ****** me off how referees like him are allowed to take charge of such important matches.

Seriously can't believe Fabianski, terrible. >_<

Have no doubts we'll pull it back at the Emirates, though.

Seriously can't believe Fabianski, terrible. >_<

Have no doubts we'll pull it back at the Emirates, though.

Confident.?

Porto, will go there, and try get 0-0, they will play very defensive, and try and catch you on the counter, and i think it will work.

Sorry, but Arsenal are going out.

Did you even watch the match?
Im not talking about one or two iffy decisions.
But 5 or 6 shocking decisions by him & his assistant.

It ****** me off how referees like him are allowed to take charge of such important matches.
My point was that ALL refs make DREADFUL decisions and if they got sacked for that,there would be none left.No-ones perfect we all make mistakes.

Ohh a boasting competition, I think I'll put it to bed, when was the last time any of you won the Intertoto Cup?

Touche

My point was that ALL refs make DREADFUL decisions and if they got sacked for that,there would be none left.No-ones perfect we all make mistakes.

Yes refs make dreadful decisions but not 5 or 6 definitive decisions in ONE match. If it was one or two then i would be like alright they just got unlucky but 5 or 6 is just terrible.
This is the best club competition in the world and it should have the best referees. No disrespect to the Norweigian League but to have a referee taking charge in that league all his life then to be put in charge of such an important match is not good enough. I thought UEFA would have learnt from his performance last season but now he may well have cost another team their place in the competition.
I really feel for Fiorentina, they played out of their socks and fully deserved to get something out of the game, only to be taken away by another awful refereeing display from Tom Henning Obrevo.

Referees have a horrible job. I mean we can just about make the correct decision after 3 slow-motion action replays but for them to get it right first time at high speed is impossible.

Give the poor guy a break, remember everyone's a winner and it's the taking part that counts :p

Confident.?

Porto, will go there, and try get 0-0, they will play very defensive, and try and catch you on the counter, and i think it will work.

Sorry, but Arsenal are going out.

Yeah, I am confident. We'll be less injury-stricken, as long we don't pick up any more injuries during the PL.

We also picked up an important away goal, so even if we just win 1-0 we'll go through.

Referees have a horrible job. I mean we can just about make the correct decision after 3 slow-motion action replays but for them to get it right first time at high speed is impossible.

Give the poor guy a break, remember everyone's a winner and it's the taking part that counts :p

I understand that refereeing is a horrible job but if you watched the game then you'd understand there was no need for any replays let alone in slow motion they were so blatent.

Incident 1: Van Bommel jumps off the ground with a two footed lounge at a player. A clear straight red card yet he gets away with a yellow. Plus the fact the referee was in the perfect position, like 1 yard away.

Incident 2: Van Bommel does the most blatent dive you'll ever see, and already booked it was surely a second yellow even though he shouldn't even be on the pitch. Gets away with no card.

Incident 3: A soft penalty is given to Bayern but moments after the foul was commited Bayern score. The referee brings the play back for the penalty but the when the foul was commited the Fiorentina player was the last man so surely it's a red card?

Incident 4: Fiorentina player Gobbi is sent off for blocking Robben's run on the half way line. He said he lead with an elbow but he put his arm out to block his run. A yellow card at most.

Incident 5: Klose gets away with an awful two footed lunge on a Fiorentina defender which could of potentially been a career ending tackle if caught. A definate red card.

Incident 6: Typically Klose then sets up the winner that was about a mile offside. How the assistant didn't see it i don't know, he was looking straight at it. If anyone has seen it then you'll know how blatent it was.

Im sorry but this referee is just awful and he has even been selected to officiate in the World Cup.
I just pray he doesn't ref an England game.

Last edited:
Henning is a awful ref. How he has made it to the wc i dont know. I think arsenal will win 1-0 at the emirates unfortunatly

Back