Liverbirds Soar High

bbc.co.uk/sport - Quarter Finals of FA Cup draw

The big game of the draw is definetly Liverpool .v. Arsenal, with the two favourites in the draw playing each other, most probably the winner will go on to win the whole tournament.

The only Championship side still in the cup, Crystal Palace will face Spurs, who are currently 3rd in the Premiership

I hope you're playing Guardado on the left wing aswell. I'm into 2020/21 season and Guardado is still my first choice left winger with over 170 caps to his name for Mexico.

he plays romaric over guardado. i keep tellin him guardado is quality but he doesn't listen :irked:

actually guardado earnt his first team place, and as one of my reports says hes injured for a month

The Sun - Romaric Plays Well As Liverpool Beat B. Jerusalem

B. Jerusalem 0 - 2 Liverpool (Champions League 1st Round Knockout 1st Leg)

Romaric played well to help get a two away goal lead in the Champions League 1st Round Knockout, Romaric played an important role in both the goals and took the champagne home for his performance.

Liverpool took an early lead, through on form striker Floro Flores, after his one-two with Romaric left him clean through on goal.

Liverpool had to wait until five minutes from time to double their lead, when Romaric's back post cross found Gerrard unmarked, who headed well into the top corner.

Glaze had said "The performance was good today, we defended well and created the chances up front. We have just got to be careful about being complacent in the 2nd leg."

The Echo - Liverpool Draw as Leeds Keeper Played Well

Leeds 1 - 1 Liverpool (English Premier League)

Leeds gave Liverpool some early problems after they broke well. Just 30 seconds before Leandro Lima, forced the keeper to make a good save. The Leeds keeper picked out Leeds striker Buckley with an exquisite kick upfield. Buckley beat Chivu and Richards to finish well into the top corner.

For the rest of the 1st half the game was lifeless with very little chances being created.

At half time Glaze decided to switch things around and brought on young Bruno Mezenga.

Bruno's impact on the game was huge, he created many chances for himself and his team mates upfront, it was then Mezenga who got the Liverpool equalizer. He created and scored the goal after hitting a marvelous right footed shot into the top corner. The Leeds fans could only watch with stunned looks on their faces.

Liverpool continued to pressure but just couldnt get the ball over the goal line.

Glaze had this to say
"Overall i'm not very happy with the level of the performance, with no offense to Leeds they are a team we should be beating".

SkySports.com - Blackburn Brushed Aside

Liverpool 2 - 1 Blackburn (English Premier League)

Liverpool beat Blackburn as they hold onto top spot in the Premiership.

Liverpool dominated early on, but Blackburn got lucky by scoring there 1st shot of the match after Reina parried a shot straight into the path of Benni McCarthy, who scores from 6 yards.

Liverpool then replied just before half time, when Flores found himself one on one with the keeper and he squared it to Lucarelli who had the simple task of placing into an empty net.

Liverpool then finished the job shortly after half time when Jermaine Pennant's back post free kick found Chivu unamarked who headed home from a tight angle.

Glaze commented he was pleased with the performance and says his side can have the title wrapped up very soon.

mccarthy tap in after lpool dominate
flores unselfish gave lucarelli chance
penant back post cross found CHIVU

Bbc.co.uk/sport - Mezenga Scores Again From Bench

Liverpool 2(4) - 1(1) B. Jerusalem (Champions League 1st Round Knockout 2nd Leg)

Wonderkid Bruno Mezenga has saved Liverpool again from the bench to help secure a place in the next stage of the competition.

B. Jerusalem took an early lead after a low cross, which striker Davida turned in from close range. After this Liverpool dominated and looked comfortable even though B. Jerusalem would only need one more goal to take it into extra time.

Glaze as usual was not afraid to change things around upfront, he took off Flores and Lucarelli and brought on Mezenga and Voronin who still had a lot to prove.

The Brazillian U21 made an imediate impact by scoring 5 minutes after coming on. He then continued his fine form from the bench and scored his 2nd when Pennant's through ball found Mezenga who curled a right foot shot into the top corner.

Glaze had said after the match that his team were good and fully deserved to be in the next stage of the competition.

Liverpool face the mighty Real Madrid in the quarter finals of the competition.

im going on holiday for a week tomorrow, so wont be able to update. I will continue this when i return :thup: