Liverpool 1-1 Arsenal: Arsenal dominate, but only just grab a point

• Thread starter Thread starter Mike.
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 3K
ive long since stopped taking notice of any pundit who says that gerrard is great at the "quarterback role". especially itv commentators who talk like he is the english alonso. agree about hodgsons plan. This was a performance that Benitez would have been damned for.

Hearing rumours that there was an editorial decision by Sky on this match. Listening to Peter Shreeves interviewing Carra and Hodgson post-match, it's a fairly obvious one - "going ahead with 10 men - what a sign of how things have changed", "you mean unlike against Everton last season Peter?".

But at least our manager won't be the centre of a witch-hunt this season unless we grotesquely underperform. The narrative was drawn up last season - 'worst squad ever' (how many players of ours went to the World Cup?), 'unhappy players under old manager' (you mean the two who jumped ship in spite of Mr.Hodgson taking over? Or the two who were considering offers after his appointment?) etc etc.

He's a decent football man. Just got my doubts about his ability at the highest levels and compare our first half yesterday to last season's first-half against Arsenal when we should have destroyed them...

RE: wenger, agree about his attitude, his seeming dismissal of taking the cups seriously when they havent won a trophy is in 5 years is somewhat laughable, but i wonder if he wil be forced to climb down on that stance this season

Think everyone knows that it's only Mancini and City who are keeping the press off his back. Not going to try and draw Joss for comment, not fair as you support your manager through thick and thin, but there are grumblings from Arsenal and there does seem to be a disconnect between the 'corporates' who pay for pretty football and the old matchgoers who judge success by silverware. Fortunately for Wenger, the clusterf*ck which is City should take up the back pages for the forseeable - at least until they get a manager with credentials which can't be slighted. Kind of like how the press went for Chelsea's last couple of permanent managers until Hiddink steadied things and Ancelotti went and won the double in his first season in charge.

re. Sky. Re-inventing history since 1992. Couldn't despise them more. How many greats have been airbrushed out of history over the past 20 years? There was a good piece in the Guardian or Telegraph reviewing a new book about Bill Nicholson. Puts Harry Redknapp properly into perspective.

Bertie Meeeeeee said to Bill Shankly...

Right Monday morning moan finished. ;)

I reckon in the future football will be played by robots who are designed to look human, that way tactics can be controlled remotely from the touchline just like playing football manager, and the best robots will cost the most money to purchase.

I reckon in the future football will be played by robots who are designed to look human, that way tactics can be controlled remotely from the touchline just like playing football manager, and the best robots will cost the most money to purchase.

This would NEVER happen.

Actually felt a bit dissapointed with the full back work from Arsenal, they looked a bit unfit. Obviously to play like Arsenal you need them to bomb back and forward all day, but the left wing especially seemed to get little proper support. Maybe one of the reasons we couldn't get in behind, as I'd love to see some headers from Chamakh this season!

Back