lfclad

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I hope this is in the right section. The site is blocked at work so using tapatalk. So apologies if i'm in the wrong section.

I'll try give as much info as possible. But feel free to ask for more.

INFO
I'm not a new guy at FM. Played it for a few years now. But not as hardcore as most of you. I played a few network games last year and was always the first to be sacked. Lol. This is the first year I've actually come up with my own set of tactics. Always downloaded someone else's. but when you lose. You can't go to their house and go ballistic at them. So felt it was time to give it a go myself.

I'm a LFC fan, so picking Liverpool with the state they in. Is actually a really good challenge this year compared to previous fm. Tight budget. Overrated players. A lot of high potential youth and pressures of getting back into Europe. A lot of things to really look forward to in a challenge.

TACTICS
I went with a 4-3-3 type system which I adapt accordingly to a 4-1-2-3 and 4-2-1-3 depending on the game opponent and status in the match. I went with wingers to get the best out of sterling. And with borini,Suarez,Assaidi, downing, Pacheco, cole and sterling all able to play there. I felt I could easily rotate without altering the style I wanted to play. There is also suso. Tactic is actually working better than I anticipated and it feels much more rewarding creating the tactic yourself. I won't go through all the roles. Unless you would like me too.

TRANSFERS
I tried to offload cole. But wages a stumbling block for most teams that was interested. And could only loan him. No one wants downing. He actually can score in fm so don't know why he not wanted. Lol.

I brought in Malouda cheaply As an experienced backup. .500k plus addons on appeareances I think. But not planning on playing him loads. I also got Wellington nem. He was highly recommended by my staff and I got him for just over 4 mil. Few days later came on here and every thread says buy him. Lol. So glad I did. Who else did I get? Oh yes. Sidney Sam on loan. Again just to ensure I had backups. Although wide players I do have enough. I wanted to make sure I had various choices as these are my game changers. I didn't get a striker as I had Suarez and borini and only 1 ST position to fill so didn't feel it was essential.

In January, I got that Russian guy on a free. Can't spell his name so ain't gonna try. And ademilson I think it is. Suarez just got put out for 3 months. Borini has been immense tbf. So might possibly look at a 3 month loan for a backup striker. I don't think yesil is ready to step up. I do t rate Pacheco. And unsure yet if this Brazilian kid is going to cope in first team straight away.

RESULTS
At the moment. I'm in 5th place, semi final of capital one (got arsenal next match) with Suarez and Gerrard out. Still in fa cup. Into the 1st knockout of euro. So everything going well and quite pleased with our progression. If I can nip into 4th. I'll be amazed. But still long way to go yet. So cementing a solid finish and maybe a trophy is my aim.

WANT TO BUY
Robinson is out on loan. Gaining experience. So need backup to Enrique. Wilson and Agger can cover. But would prefer a natural full back. Prefer a loan as I'd like to breed in Robinson more next year. So looking for suggestions on good left backs. That I can bring in to either cover Enrique or be better than him. I think all other areas are fine at the moment.

Oh I'malso in talks with bender. Not bendtner. :D. The German DM. I play 3 mids. Usually one DM a DLP and a box to box. I do mix this up and switch the DM to a AMC. Or switch to two DM's. as I said earlier. I alter and adapt to the situation. So Lucas obviously number 1 choice and bender can play in mid. With that dyagoev dude. I'm quite happy with the options in midfield.

Cheers guys. Sorry it's a long post. Just wanted you to have a bit of background.

I think downing may be leaving on loan. Malouda would like more games but is still happy enough at the moment. Sam hasn't really been used. But has done well in the games he's played. With Suarez now out for 3 months. It will be a difficult run to the end of season. But confident in borini.

Also my board can't rub enough cash up to replace the teapot in the canteen. Yet on richest clubs. We are 800million. And only united, barca and Madrid are above us. We higher than arsenal and city. Which surely can't be right? Geez am babbling on again.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

You can usually sell Downing for 10-11mil, you could use Johnson at left back and Kelly/Wisdom on the right if anything goes wrong. Could see if PSV will loan you Willems but you'll find it hard to find a solid LB to loan in.
Keep an eye on Bocchetti and Llorente, can sign them both on frees, you'll need to offer Bocchetti slightly more than he wants for him to join you though.

As for money don't worry about it, you'll get a lot more start of second season.

Bocchetti. Was only rated 3 stars. And I plan to use Coates and Wilson to gain them as much first team experience to give Agger and skates rests. So wasn't sure whether too make a move.

I just can't seem to offload downing. I set his tag as 8mil. And only getting loan offers with future fees.

Arsenal had Gibbs up for loan. But won't give him me. Would of been ideal for me.

Wisdom is on loan. Johnson covers but. Then I only have Kelly as rb. So Johnson can't cover both and stay fit. I think I can push til the end of season utilising Wilson as lb and address it in the summer.

Cheers for your reply. I'll take a look at the player you suggested tonight.

Bochetti is amazing...signed him on a free for everton and he was the reason i won the league...him and jagielka were IMMENSE at the back for me...he averaged around 7.35 for 40 plus games in the season which i find amazing but i did play him at centre back...where he covered at left back though *which was only for a few games* he was VERY good...go for him...scouts arent always spot on!

I'll consider. Thanks!

They loaned me willems. Option to sign him for 13m. Not sure if that is good price but he has a 5 star potential coach report.

Cheers for the suggestion.

I'd sign him for 13m, apart from Alaba he's the best young LB on the game so unless you plan on paying 20+ for Alaba he's worth it.

With Downing check the clubs that are interested see if you can part exchange him for someone of more use to you or just let him be loaned out. I usually sell him in a deal with money over XX months just because you can usually get a little more out of clubs.

Sweet. I'll try that. Thanks.

i sold downing to fulham for 14.75 mill 0 fee with it all over 48 months try that
i always try and sell my players over x amount of months rather than up front fee so my club makes a profit every month then every season u get a very nice transfer bounty:p

I accepted a loan on deadline day. So may try the monthly offer after loan.

Llorente and Bocchetti have both agreed new contracts. So no hope on them two. Willems, dyagoev and ademilson all in. Lars bender rejected me for Psg.

Lost 4-4 on away goals in league cup semi v arsenal. 3-3 at Anfield. I messed up though thinking I'll hold out for draw. And went defensive in ET. Hoping to chance luck on pens. Only to then realise away goals in league cup semi only take affect after ET.
Beat Everton in fa cup 4th round. Still in Europe. Had few draws and sitting in 7th. Hopefully can push on and have a solid finish now. Hopefully borini and ademilson as my backup with the wide options I have will be enough to win me games. Coates is becoming a fan favourite and is putting in some serious shifts, dropped skrtel for poor form and Coates is definitely impressing me and keep big Martin out the team.

for CB look know further than.. papadopoulos (sp) plays for schalke. for DM try and get lorenzo criesteg (sp) from inter usually up for sale. or andrea poli if juventus havent bought him. for the ST try and get some good young potential stikers with the ability to play straight away such as carloss fierro chivas. or lenny nanghis who plays for caen in ligue 1 i think. YNWA

You teams looks the goods just let the new signings gel a bit. Ademilson is a gun stricker from the go. Look at Otavio for a future world beater striker or AMC.

Yeah I looked at him. But they wouldn't sell. I'm happy enough with the squad now. So hopefully results will follow. :)