Liverpool 2nd season - additions to squad?

Max

Reaction score
Just finished 1st season at Liverpool, came 6th in the league and won the FA Cup and lost in the final of the Europa League to Anjii - now I reckon we should break into the top four this season but obviously gunna need substantial adding to the squad to compete.. Given £40M by the board to spend, already got Jovetic in for £18M and looking to bring in Jordy Clasie for £16M as it stands, only paid half of those each upfront so still got around £15-£20M left pretty much.

I sold Martin Kelly last January for £10M to Spurs so I need a solid right back, got Johnson still who's played well for me so only really looking for a decent young right back with potential but good enough to come in when needed at the moment.. Only player I added last season was Aspas because in all honesty Sturridge is a pile of wank and is sitting on 80k a week doing jack *****. Sold Shelvey aswell for £6M.

Squad is ..

GK - Reina, Ospina (joining soon)
LB - Enrique, Robinson
RB - Johnson
CB - Skrtel, Agger, Coates (coates is class but might need another young one here, suggestions?)
LW - Jovetic, Downing
CM - Gerrard, Lucas, Allen, Henderson, Claisie
RW - Sterling, Sturridge (thinking of getting Douglas Costa for £13M but unsure as Sterling was quality)
AM - Coutinho, Gerrard, Jovetic, Aspas
ST - Suarez, Jovetic, Borini, Sturridge

Suggestions people?

hi mate Bernard and Willian are class. RB go Walker, Abate or Van Der Wiel and CB Umtiti, Zouma, Strandberg and Papadopoulos at Schalke are quality

For a young CB, what about Papadopoulos, since Liverpool are considering making a move for him in real life.

hi mate Bernard and Willian are class. RB go Walker, Abate or Van Der Wiel and CB Umtiti, Zouma, Strandberg and Papadopoulos at Schalke are quality
Yeah was looking at Willian buddy the ****** scored against me in the final against Anjii but they want something like £35M mate! Yeah good shouts on the RB's and Zouma sounds a cracker but think he'll be a bit pricey but I'll take a look mate cheers!

For a young CB, what about Papadopoulos, since Liverpool are considering making a move for him in real life.
Yeah solid mate sounds good. Will have a crack at him!

Yeah was looking at Willian buddy the ****** scored against me in the final against Anjii but they want something like £35M mate! Yeah good shouts on the RB's and Zouma sounds a cracker but think he'll be a bit pricey but I'll take a look mate cheers!

cracking result for pompey yesterday mate did you go ?

cracking result for pompey yesterday mate did you go ?
Nah mate sadly I moved to the otherside of the world lol I live in Australia now! But was keeping my eye on the results stayed up late to see the games and ****, great 3-0 win ay! cracking first half bro.

Tried couple those names you mentioned mate, Umtiti is a class act! They want a lot though mate and David Astori has been transfer listed for £15M so gunna go for him! Got Scigli back on loan from AC Milan at RB again this season so all sorted :)

I signed Corchia in my Liverpool save for 12m and he's been class so far.
Highly recommend Papadopoulos, probably the best CB on the game after a few years, had an average rating of 7.67 or something like that for me in his 1st season, bought him for 15m (release clause) and sold Skrtel to Dortmund for 20m. Caulker was a good signing for me as well, kept Agger out the team for most of the season.
If you play with inside forwards Erik Lamela is unbelievable on the right wing, scores plenty and sets up a fair few.

I signed Corchia in my Liverpool save for 12m and he's been class so far.
Highly recommend Papadopoulos, probably the best CB on the game after a few years, had an average rating of 7.67 or something like that for me in his 1st season, bought him for 15m (release clause) and sold Skrtel to Dortmund for 20m. Caulker was a good signing for me as well, kept Agger out the team for most of the season.
If you play with inside forwards Erik Lamela is unbelievable on the right wing, scores plenty and sets up a fair few.
Sweet mate cheers for the advice! Tried for Papadopoulos but he wasn't interested which is gutting, but got Astori who's 26 years old and class so it was good business.

Last season I played with wingers the whole season and I'll probably stick to it this year too because Downing and Sterling absolutely ripped sides apart in the league and in Europe! Changed formations pretty much every game to counter the next opposition so I try make sure I've got quality in every position so just bulking up the team really. Always play with 3 centre mid's against the 'bigger' sides like City, works a treat.

You use Coates much? He was quality last season for me, I've had Juventus and AC after him, Juve offered like £13M

Will probably use him this season, loaned him out to Valencia first season as I had Caulker and Papadopoulos who were class and played almost every game, it was pretty much down to them and Lamela that I finished 3rd.

Will probably use him this season, loaned him out to Valencia first season as I had Caulker and Papadopoulos who were class and played almost every game, it was pretty much down to them and Lamela that I finished 3rd.
Fair shout mate, just seen Falcao transfer listed for £36M on my save but no funds left, bummer.

hey Buddy, What formation are you using btw?
I usually play 4-2-3-1 but I found out the hard way at the start of the season Liverpool are a little one directional when it comes to that formation and get bashed in some games. When I play away I usually go 4-4-1-1, especially if the other team are playing 4-4-2 because the AM exploits the space in behind a lot, saw Coutinho boss teams countless times last season. When I play away against any of the top four and **** though I usually go 5-3-2, use wing backs with 3 centre backs and 3 centre mids, 2 strikers.. worked well many times, got wins away to Spurs and draws at City and United. At home against big sides usually go 4-3-2-1 with 3 centre mids, controls possession well and with pacey wingers and a complete forward like Suarez up top it does damage, beat United 3-1 at home with it along with Spurs 2-0 away in Europe and beat Arsenal in the cup to.

Basically Liverpool are a complicated team to be for me!

Sell Borini and pay for Falcao over 48 months? Might be alright for you, but is ***** at best for me so I always sell him.

Sell Borini and pay for Falcao over 48 months? Might be alright for you, but is ***** at best for me so I always sell him.
Yeah was considering it, Borini got 16 in all competitions for me last year 9 in the league but think that was all before January, utter wank now! Think I'll have to look into Falcao as that'd defo get us top four finish

EDIT - ******* put his price tag up to £52M now lol sucks

cheers for that, have you created your own tactic?
Yeah its mine mate, I was thinking of uploading it but with FM14 not realistically that far away it's pretty pointless now