Reaction score
(Srry in advance for the long post)

Currently entering my second season as Liverpool manager, need a few suggestions to help fill out the rest of my team, came into 2nd last season and will be in the CL this year so going to need a deep squad....I use a 4-3-3 (No wingers) tactic called the Franky Blitz (found in the SI forum), tactic requires 3 CM's the center player acts more as DM, while the players to the left and right set up play more, the tactic requires that the Midfielders have high work rates (15+ preferably) and decent defense attributes, work rate is the most important though.......

link to the formation I play
http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/246523-Franky-s-Blitz-Tactic-for-FM-11

as for what im looking for id like to have one more R/L CM, Gerrard is getting old and injury prone, shelvey is young, and Vidal tires too easy, Huddlestone I was going for as he would be ideal but Tottenham arent willing to sell, Sissoko is off to Arsenal, Badelj is also off to Bayern prefer someone young a player I can groom, but @ the same time is capable of coming in and doing a good job, pls keep in mind the prefered attributes im looking for......also looking for a back-up to play the same role M'Vila does in my formation, was going for Scott Parker but West Ham want alot for him plus hes 30, age is not that much of an issue here, someone who can some in on the odd game and do a job but he must come @ a decent price, im thinking Michael Bradley atm, a player with DM capabilities.....also looking for a LB back-up to Cissokho someone is is capable of going forward would also love someone capable of playing RB if needed, was going for Kyle Walker but hes on season loan, my other option Fucile is off to Bayern Munich

so really in need of a younger CM (with the listed attributes), back-up to M'Vila, back up to Cissohko, and if any1 has gotten some names for CB that would also be good Carra is old, Wilson is young and might be on loan soon, City are also hot on Agger if I can get them to pay a decent price I might end up selling him, Dortmund want too much for Hummels, same with Phil Jones and Sakho

current budget is @ around 63 million Euro but Id prefer to not overpay considering many of these players I need are going to be Squad players @ best, and I rather not fvk over my wage budget more than it already is

Current Squad is

GK
Reina
Gulasci
Jones

CB
Carra
Agger
Wilson
Cahill

RB
Johnson
Kelly

LB
Cissokho
??

CM
M'Vila
??

R/L CM
Gerrard
Vidal
Shelvey
Defour

ST
Hulk
Carroll
Alexis Sanchez
Suarez
Necid
Afellay

Last edited:
LB-
Gabriel Araujo - Cruzeiro
Brahim Bedbouda - MC Alger
Jean Patrick Abouna - Astres
Saliou Ciss - Diambars
Lucas Digne - Lille
Alex Sandro - Santos

CM-
Denys Garmash - Dynamo Kyiv
Fernandinho - Shakhtar
Ognjen Vukojevic - Dynamo Kyiv
Andrea Poli - Sampdoria
Sami Khedira - Real Madrid (usually t.listed)

CB-
Sebastian Coates - Nacional
Nemanja Pejcinovic - Rad
Neven Subotic - Dortmund
Benedikt Howedes - Schalke
Omer Toprak - Freiburg
Matias Cahais - Racing Club
Holger Badstuber - Bayern
Ryan Shawcross - Stoke
Michael Turner - Sunderland
Jan Vertonghen - Ajax
Toby Alderweireld - Ajax
Ondrej Mazuch - Anderlecht
Leonel Galeano - Independiente
Ezequiel Munoz - Palermo
Yaroslav Rakitskyi - Shakhtar

thanks bro going to take a look atm

thanks for mentioning Vukojevic, thats the guy I was looking for

one problem solved :D

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

good on CB's and the back-up for M'Vila for now

tried those LB's on the list most of them werent loaded on my game I guess, Sandro just signed an extension, and Dinge is still young.......still looking for that CM to set play up, im real tempted to sign Poli, can you tell me does his work rate improve, along with some of his other defensive attributes?

Last edited:
what kind of backup lb do you want (young,attacking etc.)

thanks bro going to take a look atm

thanks for mentioning Vukojevic, thats the guy I was looking for

one problem solved :D

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

good on CB's and the back-up for M'Vila for now

tried those LB's on the list most of them werent loaded on my game I guess, Sandro just signed an extension, and Dinge is still young.......still looking for that CM to set play up, im real tempted to sign Poli, can you tell me does his work rate improve, along with some of his other defensive attributes?

Hmm, for LB try Atila Turan? If you do want a CM with good work rate, defensive attributes and setting play up, Fernandinho should be perfect :)

ended up getting Badelj after all from Bayern :D

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

Hmm, for LB try Atila Turan? If you do want a CM with good work rate, defensive attributes and setting play up, Fernandinho should be perfect :)
Turan moved to OL :|

lol

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

what kind of backup lb do you want (young,attacking etc.)

really more than anything just a back-up who can put in a good game when called upon, decent defense and a good cross

CB-Adi Rami-LIlle
Hummeles-dortmund
LB-Dodo-Corinthias little money, but really a great football player
or Coentrao-Benfica 28.5m
MC-Douglash Costa-Shakhtar
Franco Zuculini-Genoa
Andrea Poli-Sampdoria
Kacar-HSV
Paolo Henrique-Santos

The LB spot is always tricky, the best young players are Digne (Lille), M'bengue (Toulouse) and Roussillon (Sochaux). You can try and get diego renan, he might be a bit expensive at this stage but is useful for cover on both sides.
Central defenders are plentiful, Rafael Varane (Lens)is superb and develops very quickly. Danny da Costa (Leverkusen) is also useful.
I'd recommend Arnaud Souquet (Lille) at CM, young but with a massive workrate and develops well. Jordan Henderson (Sunderland) is also good but a bit more expensive.
There are more experienced options for all the positions, but personally i prefer to buy younger players and develop them, and if you want squad players it's an ideal way of developing them.

(Srry in advance for the long post)

so really in need of a younger CM (with the listed attributes), back-up to M'Vila, back up to Cissohko, and if any1 has gotten some names for CB that would also be good Carra is old, Wilson is young and might be on loan soon, City are also hot on Agger if I can get them to pay a decent price I might end up selling him, Dortmund want too much for Hummels, same with Phil Jones and Sakho
Are you kidding me?Wilson is GREAT, he can play straight into the first team from the start of the game. Loaning him would be a waste.