Liverpool 2nd season. Need good fullbacks

JDvzs

Reaction score
That pretty much sums it up... Starting my 2nd season with Liverpool and managed to splash 70M on Pogba. Maybe not the best decision but I've been dreaming about habing him on my team since my first save with Southampton on this game.

The rest of the team is fine but my fullbacks are

RB: Flanagan (decent but shows some weakness vs very good teams), Manquillo (just short of quality)
LB: Moreno (my scouts rate him 2,5* and say they won't het any better), Jose Enrique (same thing as Moreno)

I sold a bunch of players and have 27M available to me now with 1M in the wage budget left.
I'd like to know your opinions and experiences with Calum Chambers and Jonathan Silva

EDIT: Ricardo Rodriguez?

Any other suggestions and ideas are appreciated

Last edited:
Chambers, Rodriguez and Silva all are quality. But anyhow, Moreno is still pretty good. Don't look at the star ratings only, look at the scout report and look at their attributes.

I'd say keep Moreno and get Chambers for RB.

Moreno is good dont listen to scouts but good LB's i always use.... A.Creswell,Andrew Robertson,Jose Angel.

Clyne, Corchia and Danilo are all good options for RB.. If you're starting your second season, Corchia should be available for a throwaway price..

I'll give you affordable options from experience as I've played as Liverpool myself. Mayke for RB ~10m. For LB Alex Sandro ~10-15m. I feel that Chambers is a cut above at RB, he will turn into a quality player but he cost me 25m after some hard negotiating. Rafael is also a good target at RB but I feel Manchester United doesn't really want to sell to Liverpool. Another option for you at LB is Lucas Digne should be about 10m. Good luck and let me know who you ended up picking.
Here's a screenshot of my team's performance after S2. 116 goals scored. Mayke was quite the creative offensive force with 7 goals and 7 assists. I also feel that you can convert Emre Can to a very good Left Back or at least cover for the LB position.
View attachment 311411

Jonathan Silva LB from Sporting Lisbon & Aurier check spelling on that, plays for Toulouse in the french league, hes a RB and is for Ivory Coast. Jetro Williams from PSV turns out not to bad either.

Ok so a deal with Chambers doesn't look possible at all despite him being unhappy for not being able join my side they still won't settle for anything less than 70M... I just struck a 20M deal for Jonathan Silva and will play him in rotation with Moreno and get rid of Jose Enrique.

I don't want Clyne because I already played 4 seasons with him previously in a Southampton save x) Danilo joined PSG, Alex Sandro went to Juve so I have to look somewhere else. I can't find Mayke but I'll probably try to get Corchia for a cheap price and we'll see how it goes.

I'll give you affordable options from experience as I've played as Liverpool myself. Mayke for RB ~10m. For LB Alex Sandro ~10-15m. I feel that Chambers is a cut above at RB, he will turn into a quality player but he cost me 25m after some hard negotiating. Rafael is also a good target at RB but I feel Manchester United doesn't really want to sell to Liverpool. Another option for you at LB is Lucas Digne should be about 10m. Good luck and let me know who you ended up picking.
Here's a screenshot of my team's performance after S2. 116 goals scored. Mayke was quite the creative offensive force with 7 goals and 7 assists. I also feel that you can convert Emre Can to a very good Left Back or at least cover for the LB position.
View attachment 747152
What leagues you need to load to get Mayke?

Ok good luck with your squad. I like the challenge of restoring Liverpool to glory in the post-Suarez era. What an awful sale that was its comparable to Boston Red Sox selling off babe Ruth!

Alright alright alright deals are done, situation is solved!

Cancelled Jonathan Silva's 20M move and got Ricardo Rodriguez for 23M (I think he's better) plus De Sciglio for a cheap 14M.

This were my transfers this season so far and I've still got 9M :D

View attachment 311105

serge aurier is class at RB, on loan at Tolouse but is a PSG player could be worth a look for the right price.

Moreno is very good stick with him !! Alex Telles is also a good choice ! As for RB I would go for Mattia De Sciglio !

Oh my mistake did not you have allready bought De Sciglio ha ha !!

How is Jonathan Silva this time around? I signed him for Benfica straight away on last year's. And he ended up staying there till retiring, was worth well over £30m at points.