daisuke

Reaction score
I'm actually not in 2nd season yet, I'm only in January of 1st season but I want to plan ahead in case other clubs interested in my target. Currently I have Sturridge, Munir, Lambert and Balotelli as strikers. Gonna sell Balotelli and Lambert soon. Munir doing rather modestly in striker position. I found he plays better at the wing. So I'm finding a backup for Sturridge as I'm sick of his injury proneness BUT this backup should be good enough to replace Sturridge. Thing is it's extremely hard for me to score goals without Sturridge in the pitch.

So my requirements : Strikers under 25 years old that can score lots of goals and is as good as Sturridge but will not ask for first team squad status in the contract. Currently my tactic playing with lone striker, Trequartista role. Don't care about budget, I think I can raise quite a lot of funds after I sell my players.

I'm actually not in 2nd season yet, I'm only in January of 1st season but I want to plan ahead in case other clubs interested in my target. Currently I have Sturridge, Munir, Lambert and Balotelli as strikers. Gonna sell Balotelli and Lambert soon. Munir doing rather modestly in striker position. I found he plays better at the wing. So I'm finding a backup for Sturridge as I'm sick of his injury proneness BUT this backup should be good enough to replace Sturridge. Thing is it's extremely hard for me to score goals without Sturridge in the pitch.

So my requirements : Strikers under 25 years old that can score lots of goals and is as good as Sturridge but will not ask for first team squad status in the contract. Currently my tactic playing with lone striker, Trequartista role. Don't care about budget, I think I can raise quite a lot of funds after I sell my players.

Sterling and Coutinho can play up front if you spend 6 month training them into that position. My scouts rate both of them much higher than Sturridge in that ST role (4 season in).

Sterling and Coutinho can play up front if you spend 6 month training them into that position. My scouts rate both of them much higher than Sturridge in that ST role (4 season in).
I really don't want to burden them with more training. They can't even last 90 minutes in a match. I need them to recover their fitness fast before the next match so they have to have light training. I played Sterling as strikers occasionally tho when Sturridge is injured, Sterling kept missing chances.

I really don't want to burden them with more training. They can't even last 90 minutes in a match. I need them to recover their fitness fast before the next match so they have to have light training. I played Sterling as strikers occasionally tho when Sturridge is injured, Sterling kept missing chances.

Given them a day off ever 2 consecutive days of training and don't give them individual training. It's what I do personally

Given them a day off ever 2 consecutive days of training and don't give them individual training. It's what I do personally
Thanks for the suggestions but I rather buy a striker though.

I'd look at Paco Alcacer, Timo Werner, or Lukaku. In my experience they break in pretty fast. I think they could be solid scoring options for you. Another guy to consider is Bernard who is an excellent left wing, but is also accomplished as a striker and can be converted to the ST position to give you cover.

PS Lambert is not that good. But Borini is decent cover if you haven't sold him yet. Also unlike real life, Balotelli is a very good goal scorer in FM, unlike in real life where he is currently rubbish.

If you really want a different striker who's already accomplished, I'd look into getting either Costa or Bony. They were the top 2 goalscorers in the EPL for season 1. Sturridge by the way was the 3rd leading scorer in the PL for me with 16 league goals, and Raheem Sterling notched 14 with Balotelli knocking in a respectable 13 goals.

Last edited: