p025

Reaction score
Well i am having a go at managing liverpool. The first Season has gone pretty well so far. Sitting 2nd in the league with a couple of games to go. I thought that planning my next season transfers would be helpful. I do not know my budget as of now but am quite sure that i will receive a pretty good amount to spend. Also i should be able to offload quite some players. Below are the weak areas that i want to improve on or change.

Goalkeepers:
Do not want to change a lot. My DoF brought in a pretty decent italian backup to replace brad jones (i forgot the name). The question is- Reina or Mignolet? Or do i keep both of them? I do not think keeping two quality keepers in the team is such a good idea. Also pretty good amount of money can be earned by selling one of them i guess.

Centrebacks:
Well i have got sakho,agger,skrtel,toure,kelly. I play 3 CBs in my formation. So injury to either one of agger,sakho or skrtel puts me in a tight spot. I was targetting balanta the whole season and even managed to unsettle him. He handed in a transfer request. But then i did not have a lot of money left and Sau Paolo bid for him. I matched the bid hoping to adjust the finances somehow but for some reason he joined Sau Paolo. So now who do i go for?? Also maybe i can sell one of my CBs?

Centremidfielder:
I need a replacement for gerrard who is aging. A box to box midfielder to be precise. Maybe Will Hughes? I need someone who has bags of potential and can slowly replace gerrard over the coming years.
Suggestions??

Leftback:
Simply put Jose Enrique isn't good enough. Cissokho was decent but he was only on a loan deal. I need a complete wingback. Maybe Alex Sandro? Luke Shaw? Or are they too costly??

Any other suggestions?

Well thank you for taking out the time to patiently read this. Your help is really appreciated.

Thanks!

For Goalkeeper id sell Reina as hes getting old and has high wages and you will be able to get about 10 million for him, at CB you will need to get maybe 2 CB's as Kelly is a right back, unless you are going to use Flanagan there? Id get rid of Toure aswell as he has high wages and is too old, look at Otamendi, Mussachio or Dede, for CM i would look at Florenzi, Sergi Roberto or James Ward Prowse, and for LB i would look at Alberto Moreno, practically another Jordi Alba in my eyes, hope this helps!

For Goalkeeper id sell Reina as hes getting old and has high wages and you will be able to get about 10 million for him, at CB you will need to get maybe 2 CB's as Kelly is a right back, unless you are going to use Flanagan there? Id get rid of Toure aswell as he has high wages and is too old, look at Otamendi, Mussachio or Dede, for CM i would look at Florenzi, Sergi Roberto or James Ward Prowse, and for LB i would look at Alberto Moreno, practically another Jordi Alba in my eyes, hope this helps!
Will take a look at these players. Also Sturridge has been ***** all season. I drop him and then aspas doesn't provide much better performances either. Any good strikers?? I basically could do with a dlf.

Will take a look at these players. Also Sturridge has been ***** all season. I drop him and then aspas doesn't provide much better performances either. Any good strikers?? I basically could do with a dlf.

Any chance of a screenshot of tactic screen that has formation etc in it?

Any chance of a screenshot of tactic screen that has formation etc in it?
Well not posting this from my laptop atm. Basically tactic has sturridge as a dlf with suarez playing behind him as a shadow striker.
Will post as soon as i can.

How has Mignolet performed for you? I would offer him for twice his value, that way you get bids of upto 18 million for him. Keep Reina as he is a better keeper IMO. Hughes is more of an AP, get Ward-Prowse if you are looking for an English B2B, plus you have Henderson, who is quality on the new database. Sergi Roberto doesnt really sign an extension and is available for free in most of my saves, so have a look there as well but then again he is also an AP. For CB, where did Cardiff finish in your season? If they got relegated, get Caulker. English plus really solid and is available for around 9-12 million if Cardiff go down.

Alex Sandro is the better wing back
Shaw is the better full back.

Shaw is english and with the right tutoring turns out to be awesome. See how much each of them cost you, Shaw would be upwards of 20 million, so if Sandro is going to cost you the same, go for Shaw.

Also, Valdes is available on a free transfer at the end of the first season. So you have an option to sell Reina for 10 and get in Valdes and Keep Mignolet. Your call.

Last edited:
Well not posting this from my laptop atm. Basically tactic has sturridge as a dlf with suarez playing behind him as a shadow striker.
Will post as soon as i can.

That'll be why hes not doing very good, Sturridge is a poacher/Advanced Forward, have you tried him as a poacher instead?

How has Mignolet performed for you? I would offer him for twice his value, that way you get bids of upto 18 million for him. Keep Reina as he is a better keeper IMO. Hughes is more of an AP, get Ward-Prowse if you are looking for an English B2B, plus you have Henderson, who is quality on the new database. Sergi Roberto doesnt really sign an extension and is available for free in most of my saves, so have a look there as well but then again he is also an AP. For CB, where did Cardiff finish in your season? If they got relegated, get Caulker. English plus really solid and is available for around 9-12 million if Cardiff go down.

Alex Sandro is the better wing back
Shaw is the better full back.

Shaw is english and with the right tutoring turns out to be awesome. See how much each of them cost you, Shaw would be upwards of 20 million, so if Sandro is going to cost you the same, go for Shaw.

Also, Valdes is available on a free transfer at the end of the first season. So you have an option to sell Reina for 10 and get in Valdes and Keep Mignolet. Your call.

Mignolet is decent but i feel he sometimes does commit blunders and is a bit inconsistent. So what's your suggestion- sell reina or get in valdes and keep mignolet?? I am asking what you would do.

A for Caulker, i was looking at him and will probably end up buying him.
Will defo look at ward prowse (i know he's quality).
Thanks

Mignolet is decent but i feel he sometimes does commit blunders and is a bit inconsistent. So what's your suggestion- sell reina or get in valdes and keep mignolet?? I am asking what you would do.

A for Caulker, i was looking at him and will probably end up buying him.
Will defo look at ward prowse (i know he's quality).
Thanks

I would definitely sell Mignolet, in all my Liverpool saves, I sell him after the first season as Reina is a better and more reliable keeper. Plus you only get 9 odd million for selling Reina and you could get twice that for selling Mignolet, which can be invested in other areas of the squad. I would also recommend selling Johnson, offer him for twice his value and Monaco usually bid 22 million for him. He is very injury prone and old. Get Peruzzi. If you can't afford him, Clyne is great as well.

Ward Prowse is worth 40M in my save. Just finished 3rd season and he topped average rating and assists charts. Playing AP and BBM

Gerrard is a beast for a few years, but then he ages, and is not nearly as good. Really hard to replace a guy like that. I recommend that you try to sell guys who make more than 100k who are over age 30 and are not named Gerrard. In season 2 I brought in Danilo to be my RB. In the first season I bought Ben Davies to be my LB. Shaw is better than Davies but also twice as expensive. I acquired Clyne for cover because he can play either fullback position. Morgan Schneiderlin and Victor Wanyama were my MC acquisitions and they were really good for me right away. They should be each in the 15-20m territory. Davies cost me 12m. Danilo cost me 18.5m. Clyne was a part exchange for someone I didn't need.

For keepers, I managed to pick up Ter Stegen for 5m, as his contract was expiring, may be worth a look. In terms of cm's, apart from a couple of good english regens, I picked up Pjanic and Hughes 1st season, they were just as good second season so should be good. I also managed to pick up Coentrao as well, he was very good at left back for me, then got Shaw in the January of that season. If you need a striker, I'd recommend Benteke, had an excellent conversion rate for me.

Sell Mignolet as he is younger and will prob get a better price for him. If you want a new GK I would suggest Adler, in most of my saves he is a beast between the sticks and sometimes you can get him pretty cheap in the 2nd season if HSV struggled.

Skrtel if you are looking to sell a CB for money but depth is always good especially when you are playing 3 at the back. Abdennour is a nice cheap world class CB who has pace and young for the future but sometimes can pick up a fair amount of yellows per season. Otamendi is also a good shout.

Gerrard is a machine till he retires imo. Will Hughes as everyone knows becomes a rock in the middle when at his best but Allan (from Granada) also becomes a great player for a much less price but isn't as good.

Hope some of these help.

Alba would be a good signing but not sure on how much you wanna spend. Could also try Adriano from barca as well as I doubt he would be played all that much so could be a bargin buy if your lucky. Not sure about his wages though as I think he might on high wages at barca (could be wrong).